Author Topic: Rec Sports  (Read 47087 times)

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
Rec Sports
« on: May 05, 2014, 01:14:07 PM »
Who all plays? I'm in 2 softball leagues, one of which is a nonsense league with my ladies co-workers and the other is a competitive league/tourny travel team.

I was 3-4 last night with a homer and 2 singles in the nonsense league. Everybody else is bad and this will be a test of patience.

Looking forward to the opening league game friday. It's my first year in this league, the team is a returning team that asked me to join though, so hopefully it's good.

I know SFD is doing one, what about anyone else?

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: Rec Sports
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2014, 01:20:38 PM »
Rec softball leagues or any sport?
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2014, 01:22:30 PM »
I used to play flag football year-round when I was down in Charleston.  It was a great league with over 35 teams split into divisions.  Now that I'm here and most of my evenings in the fall are spent coaching, I just don't have the time anymore to do that.  The closest league is in Greenville, and that's about an hour long drive.  I may play next spring, because I miss it.

I do still play basketball in the winter in a men's league.  I've been asked to play softball a few times, but I'm not really interested. 

Right now, I'm playing in an adult kickball league and it's freaking awesome.  Teams are allowed to bring beer out to the games and it's a good time.  It gets way more competitive than kickball should, but it's a great way to spend time and meet people from the area.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2014, 01:22:44 PM »
I play in a rec Quidditch league.  We may have a problem this year, though, as our Seeker is currently serving a brief sentence in Azkaban for freaking a higgledewump.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2014, 01:26:27 PM »
Oh well I am plying in an over 40 Ice Hockey league. I have never been this out of shape in my life, it sucks. There's only one thing to do and that's get in better shape. It's a total beer league, they give us a $50 bar tab for each team. The bar is attached to the rink.

I still have my hands, not my feet, for some reason my shot has a way of hitting every crossbar and post known to man. ugh.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2014, 01:39:05 PM »
drunken co-ed Kickball FTW

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2014, 01:42:25 PM »
I used to play flag football year-round when I was down in Charleston.  It was a great league with over 35 teams split into divisions.  Now that I'm here and most of my evenings in the fall are spent coaching, I just don't have the time anymore to do that.  The closest league is in Greenville, and that's about an hour long drive.  I may play next spring, because I miss it.

I do still play basketball in the winter in a men's league.  I've been asked to play softball a few times, but I'm not really interested. 

Right now, I'm playing in an adult kickball league and it's freaking awesome.  Teams are allowed to bring beer out to the games and it's a good time.  It gets way more competitive than kickball should, but it's a great way to spend time and meet people from the area.

didn't see this post till after i posted.

but yeah, we used to be able to have kegs on the field before they started tightening up. Now we can only do jungle juice in big coolers.
I been playing since 08 on and off.....
I've banged quite a few chicks through kickball. It helps that after games we all go to a designated bar and usually take it over with Flipcup and beerpong tables. most of the girls are DTF

There's some super competitive leagues and some more focused on just fun. Bunting to 3rd is the single most effective strategy there is and most teams use it. People who don't play laugh, but it's pretty hard to hit a kickball that's thrown at full speed bouncing and  that has spin on it.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 01:44:02 PM by JFIF »

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2014, 01:49:19 PM »
Most of you probably know but I'm in an over-30 men's soccer league. We're represented by towns here in Queens and Long Island.

I went from being in what I'd consider a mediocre division into a much more skilled division where the game is moving at a pretty fast rate. A lot of Brits, Spanish and Jamaicans in this division. Semi-pros and we had a guy from the MLS on our team for a season.

I played defensive middie for my older team, I'm now playing mostly sweeper for my newer team. We're 2-1-1 so far. The tensions definitely run a bit higher on the field, but the home team has to provide beverages after the game. There are actually fines if there aren't.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2014, 01:51:30 PM by guinness77 »

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2014, 03:36:03 PM »
I played rec soccer 2 years ago and just couldn't keep up because I was sloppy fatz. I might try again with one of the winter indoor rec teams this year.

I was kicked out of/banned from the local dodgeball league for being too "abrasive" 3 years ago. Apparently they frown upon trash talk, mockery, and "abusive throwing"(which is essentially, aiming for boobs). They were jerks anyways.

Koz

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2014, 10:26:32 PM »
No time.  2 kids, 4 sports.  Lucky I have time to scratch my balls.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2014, 11:13:02 AM »
I play on a Men's league softball team, we went undefeated and won our fall league so they moved us up to 'A' League for the spring.  We're the youngest team by far, most of our guys are mid-to-late 20's and the teams were playing against are mostly guys in their 30's and 40's.  Every one of the teams that we play has 2-3 guys that can just mash home runs, and our team is more singles hitters and guys with gap power. We usually have the speed and defense advantages on most teams though.  Our record is 1-1, game tonight at 6:15, tune in on Fox Sports CT or on your AM dial at 770.

I also play Mens League hockey, there's 4 home rinks in CT that are a part of this league and the winner of each postseason at their respective rink goes onto an additional playoff tournament against the other 3 rinks. pretty cool stuff.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 11:14:44 AM by SixFeetDeep »
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Koz

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2014, 11:15:43 AM »
Does accidental masturbation count?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2014, 11:16:46 AM »
One of the summers I worked for the scouts I was in charge of organizing the weekly Staff vs. Scoutmaster softball game. I once saw a grown man clothesline a 14 year old first baseman.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2014, 11:17:48 AM »
I play on a Men's league softball team, we went undefeated and won our fall league so they moved us up to 'A' League for the spring.  We're the youngest team by far, most of our guys are mid-to-late 20's and the teams were playing against are mostly guys in their 30's and 40's.  Every one of the teams that we play has 2-3 guys that can just mash home runs, and our team is more singles hitters and guys with gap power. We usually have the speed and defense advantages on most teams though.  Our record is 1-1, game tonight at 6:15, tune in on Fox Sports CT or on your AM dial at 770.

I also play Mens League hockey, there's 4 home rinks in CT that are a part of this league and the winner of each postseason at their respective rink goes onto an additional playoff tournament against the other 3 rinks. pretty cool stuff.

Cool, what kind of level is it? Is it ex college and JR. players? or is it total beer league?

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2014, 11:18:31 AM »
Does accidental masturbation count?

Do you do it in a league with 10 other guys? If you do 2 things, 1.) it counts and 2.) You're a fag.