Author Topic: 2014 JetDefensive Prospect Rankings  (Read 27661 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: 2014 JetDefensive Prospect Rankings
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2013, 06:47:40 PM »
Jeremiah Attaochu is having a nice game so far.   Looks really good in space.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Sir

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #31 on: November 18, 2013, 02:20:24 PM »
Glad I found you guys after the move, there's no better place on the web for jets draft talk. 

Was wondering your thoughts on a few defensive back prospects whom I have rated fairly highly at this point in the process; Justin Gilbert, Kyle Fuller, Darqueze Dennard and Ahmad Dixon.

Gilbert is my #1 CB prospect and one of my  two current "prospect crushes" along with ra'shede hageman.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #32 on: November 18, 2013, 02:39:02 PM »
Glad you were able to find us.  Nice to see you back, man. 

I need re-evaluate my defensive backfield rankings soon. 

Kyle Fuller needs to play safety in the pros.  He's a really physical corner with good ball skills, but I worry that he'll get worked by speed in the NFL. 

Justin Gilbert is one of the most improved players from the little I've seen this season.  For someone as physically gifted as he is, he got beat way too much in 2012. 

Darqueze Dennard is a solid player, but he also has the help of one of the best front sevens in the sport. 

Ahmad Dixon might be the best of the guys you mentioned.  He has character concerns, and he plays a 'tweener position.  He's in the same role that Antonio Allen played at South Carolina.  I worry about him, because his instincts seem to be up-and-down. 

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2013, 08:38:09 AM »
Anyone have an opinion on what position and system FSU's Christian Jones should play at the next level? His versatility is intriguing.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #34 on: December 15, 2013, 10:20:12 AM »
Anyone have an opinion on what position and system FSU's Christian Jones should play at the next level? His versatility is intriguing.

Any system that gives the kid the space to run to the ball. There may not be a better open field linebacker in the class, and that's including another tremendous coverage LB in Van Noy.  I think while KVN has the advantage there, Jones closes with safety speed on runners in the open field.

He's got size, length, and athleticism to play any spot in a 43, especially considering he's pretty much played all over at FSU.  If he plays in a 34, he should be paired with a physical guy that can take on blockers and let him flow.  People don't give him a lot of credit as a passrusher, but he has good instincts there.  I had him as a 31-40 player a few weeks ago, but he's a first round caliber guy all day long.

Shellder Richardson

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2013, 09:56:58 PM »
Saw this retweeted by Smart Football on Dennard today:

Joe Rexrode ‏@joerexrode 12h
Dennard allowed an average of 0.8198 yards per pass attempt, lowest recorded since NFL Draft Report started doing this in 1968 -- wow.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2013, 10:20:29 PM »
That's incredible.

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #37 on: December 20, 2013, 04:42:45 AM »
I don't consider evaluating defensive backs a real strong point of mine, but I can't wait to really watch Dennard now. Plus, Darqueze is an elite name.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #38 on: December 27, 2013, 09:12:27 PM »
Updated

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #39 on: December 29, 2013, 01:49:18 PM »
Just a question, why do you list Anthony Barr as a DE?  Do you think he could work in a 43 defense as an end?  To me he's a linebacker all the way, regardless of scheme.  I think he fits best in a 34 outside, but I think he could be solid as a 43 LB with how comfortable he seems in space (actually very similar to fellow Bruin Akeem Ayers).  I don't think he'd have any shot at 43 End with how poor he is when engaged.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #40 on: December 29, 2013, 01:53:10 PM »
Just a question, why do you list Anthony Barr as a DE?  Do you think he could work in a 43 defense as an end?  To me he's a linebacker all the way, regardless of scheme.  I think he fits best in a 34 outside, but I think he could be solid as a 43 LB with how comfortable he seems in space (actually very similar to fellow Bruin Akeem Ayers).  I don't think he'd have any shot at 43 End with how poor he is when engaged.

I think he can play 4-3 DE, 4-3 LB, and 3-4 OLB. 

Same thing for Vic Beasley

They just need to learn the position.  It's not the best fit for either player. 

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2013, 02:00:22 PM »
I think he can play 4-3 DE, 4-3 LB, and 3-4 OLB. 

Same thing for Vic Beasley

They just need to learn the position.  It's not the best fit for either player. 

I really don't think Barr has a chance if they put his hand down.  It's pretty much the exact same thought I had about Von Miller, but it was his success as a 43 LB that made more positive about Barr.  That said, I think Barr can really make playing in space a strength with some work on coverage basics.  He's too strong of an athlete to have locked up every play.

Matt4776

• Eric Smith
« Reply #42 on: December 30, 2013, 10:07:17 AM »
Where do you guys think Denzel Perryman will go? I like him as an ILB prospect for us.

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #43 on: December 30, 2013, 12:40:52 PM »
Where do you guys think Denzel Perryman will go? I like him as an ILB prospect for us.

I rubbed my crystal ball and it told me Chicago.

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #44 on: December 30, 2013, 03:33:43 PM »

He's a tough, aggressive player, but he's far from perfect.  If he wasn't 5'11 there would probably be more hype about him because he can really fly to the ball when the defense is clicking, but at the same time his impact this year wasn't near what it was as a sophomore.  My gut says 4th round right now if he declares, but could move up with workouts if he can counterbalance the size issue. 

Tags: prospects