Author Topic: 2014 JetDefensive Prospect Rankings  (Read 27655 times)

Cane

• Chad Pennington
Re: 2014 JetDefensive Prospect Rankings
« Reply #15 on: October 17, 2013, 04:53:45 PM »
WalterFootball has the Jets taking Kyle Van Noy in the middle of the first, the idea of which simultaneously annoys and excites me.

I really like it for the kind of defense we run, and he'll probably go a little below his talent level because I think he might be a tough fit for some teams.  He reminds me of a young Derrick Johnson, may not be flashy and won't get the number of sacks commensurate with the talent he possesses, but will make a consistent impact on games.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2013, 12:43:32 PM »
Michael Sam moves up again
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Moltar

« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2013, 02:02:08 PM »
Michael Sam moves up again

Really thought Kony Ealy would be the breakout player on that line, but it's definitely been Sam and his monster games. Remember rewatching a game last year and seeing Sam beating up on DJ Fluker, but chalked it up to Fluker's normal struggles.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2013, 01:13:19 PM »
ive said it once and ill say it again.

Joyner=Honey Badger without the retardation.

Moltar

« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2013, 10:24:45 PM »
If you extended your rankings for DTs, how long would it take for Aaron Donald to show up?

He's gonna need a favorable scheme, but 6 TFLs against GT was impressive. Everyone wants to make the Atkins comparison because of his height.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 10:30:42 PM by Moltar »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2013, 08:10:12 PM »
If you extended your rankings for DTs, how long would it take for Aaron Donald to show up?

He's gonna need a favorable scheme, but 6 TFLs against GT was impressive. Everyone wants to make the Atkins comparison because of his height.

I have him at seven right now.  He's incredibly productive, but if he doesn't check in at over 6'0, that hurts him. 

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #21 on: November 06, 2013, 08:20:50 PM »
Glad to see Shilique Calhoun dominating for Michigan State.  Moved him from five to three in the DE rankings. 

This kid turned it on faster than I thought.  Legitimate first rounder as a redshirt sophomore. 

WW85

• Lord El-Ray
  • Laveranues Coles
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2013, 08:35:07 PM »
Glad to see Shilique Calhoun dominating for Michigan State.  Moved him from five to three in the DE rankings. 

This kid turned it on faster than I thought.  Legitimate first rounder as a redshirt sophomore.

I think I mentioned it in my Mock draft, MSU has some solid defensive players.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2013, 08:36:34 PM »
I think I mentioned it in my Mock draft, MSU has some solid defensive players.

Bullough, Dennard, Calhoun, Rush, and Allen are all good players.

Shellder Richardson

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2013, 10:16:26 PM »
Watched a few small school players today, WKU's Xavius Boyd and CSU's Shaquil Barrett.

While I was watching Andrew Jackson for WKU, Boyd stole the show. Plays fast, and is good not great ssize at 6-1 242. Believe he leads the team in tackles, TFLs, and sacks.

Barrett has had some big games this year, especially abusing Cyrus Kouandjio when they played Bama. He sets the edge really well as an OLB, allowing outside plays to be stopped up by the back 4.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2013, 10:25:08 PM »
NIU safety Jimmy Ward is an NFL caliber player

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2013, 07:51:57 AM »
Watched a few small school players today, WKU's Xavius Boyd and CSU's Shaquil Barrett.

While I was watching Andrew Jackson for WKU, Boyd stole the show. Plays fast, and is good not great ssize at 6-1 242. Believe he leads the team in tackles, TFLs, and sacks.

Barrett has had some big games this year, especially abusing Cyrus Kouandjio when they played Bama. He sets the edge really well as an OLB, allowing outside plays to be stopped up by the back 4.
Magilla?

casman02

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2013, 11:53:13 AM »
Anyone have thoughts on Michael Sam out of Missouri? I really liked what I saw out of him so year and would like to get him in third round (assuming we go WR and TE with the first two picks)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2013, 11:54:52 AM »
Anyone have thoughts on Michael Sam out of Missouri? I really liked what I saw out of him so year and would like to get him in third round (assuming we go WR and TE with the first two picks)

He's a top five pass rusher for me.

I'll say more this evening.

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #29 on: November 14, 2013, 04:34:41 PM »

He was one of the guys I considered for my top 50.  He's a good passrusher for the 3rd round, and if he's there I'd be down for it.  He has experience rushing from a lot of different spots and fronts, so that's a nice plus for the kind of versatile D we run.

Tags: prospects