Collegiate Football > The NFL Draft

Tom Savage: one of the hottest guys in the draft?

(1/6) > >>

Libero_2:
Now obviously Peter King is a moron on many levels, the draft included but just what the freaking freak is this nonsense?

http://mmqb.si.com/2014/04/14/nfl-draft-jadeveon-clowney-monday-morning-qb/

--- Quote ---4. Speaking of surprise players … The stunner this draft season is a quarterback who threw 83 passes as a Rutgers sophomore in 2010, then didn’t play college football in 2011 or 2012 as he transferred from Rutgers to Arizona to Pitt. “The hottest guy in the draft,” Brandt of Tom Savage. How hot is he? Late last week Savage’s agent, Neil Schwartz, had to tell two teams who wanted to set up a visit or meeting with the quarterback that he didn’t have any time left to do so. “There are literally no days left on his calendar for him to go see any other teams,” Schwartz said Saturday.

--- End quote ---

--- Quote --- The deadline for teams to host players or work them out is April 27, and by then Savage is scheduled to have either worked out for or had visits with 24 or 25 teams. That’s an amazing number of workouts and/or meetings … and when I say meetings with teams, I mean time with either the GM, coach, offensive coordinator or two or three of those. Savage is popular because he’s got an above-average NFL arm right now—some are calling it the best in the draft—and showed well over the last half of last season with a bad offensive line at Pitt. He spent Friday with the Oakland staff, and that’s a place he’d fit in well. Amazing to think a player so itinerant and with so little college success could be leap-frogging A.J. McCarron, Aaron Murray and Zach Mettenberger. But there’s a good chance Savage will. Todd McShay had Houston taking Savage with the 33rd overall pick. Now there’d be a way to kick off the second day of the draft in style, with a stunner like that.
--- End quote ---

Tom Savage is the guy working out for 25 NFL teams and flying up draft boards? What logical reason could they possibly have? Savage is a barely draft able QB in my eyes, how the freak can anybody look at him and think he is a day1 to day 2 pick is beyond me

bojanglesman:
He's definitely draftable, but not that early.  He is draftable based on his size and arm strength.  He's got excrement to fix though.

hawk:
Don't mention un-drafted Players.   ;D

dcm1602:
Am I the only one who thought this thread was about Peter King coming out after reading the title and frequent comments about how hot some guy is?

IATA:

--- Quote from: dcm1602 on April 14, 2014, 05:16:32 PM ---Am I the only one who thought this thread was about Peter King coming out after reading the title and frequent comments about how hot some guy is?

--- End quote ---

I only skimmed the page and initially read bojangles as having said:
"hes deffinetly adorable."

I figured it was just another JO queer circlejerk

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version