Author Topic: Podcasts  (Read 7632 times)

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
Re: Podcasts
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2014, 09:38:58 AM »
BillBurr.com/podcast

Dunno how far back the site tracks but each week is gold

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2014, 09:41:03 AM »
I usually just Google Patton Oswalt podcast because he is always entertaining on all the podcast he visits and tells great stories.

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2014, 09:44:03 AM »
I may start listening to them, I have heard good things about a few mentioned in here.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2014, 09:53:03 AM »
Nerdist

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2014, 09:56:44 AM »
Nerdist

That's a good one too. Chris Hardwick is funny. Wish he did specials more instead of being the Ryan Seacrest of comedy.

Have you seen Zero Charisma? It was produced by Nerdist. Guess they even have a production company.

Dark comedy about a Table Top Pen n.Paper RPG obsessed guy.

Think Foot Fist Way meets D&D

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2014, 09:58:23 AM »
I also used to listen to WTF with Marc Maron but I currently have too many that I'm following to add another one. I'm perpetually a few days behind, and that's with morning/evening commutes and lunch breaks for listening.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2014, 10:05:08 AM »
I also used to listen to WTF with Marc Maron but I currently have too many that I'm following to add another one. I'm perpetually a few days behind, and that's with morning/evening commutes and lunch breaks for listening.

Yeah WTF is good especially if your a comedy nerd I follow pretty much anything stand up an he always delves into those side stories only known in the comedy community.

His interview with Chris Rock was epic.

You eventually find out that Rodney Dangerfield write for Lenny Bruce and a few other heavy hitters back in the day.

He had his own act but was a more cerebral writer than he's accredited for because of his schtick

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2014, 10:07:35 AM »
Yeah WTF is good especially if your a comedy nerd I follow pretty much anything stand up an he always delves into those side stories only known in the comedy community.

His interview with Chris Rock was epic.

You eventually find out that Rodney Dangerfield write for Lenny Bruce and a few other heavy hitters back in the day.

He had his own act but was a more cerebral writer than he's accredited for because of his schtick

His podcast with Bob Zmuda where they talked about Andy Kaufman was fascinating.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2014, 10:17:14 AM »

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #25 on: April 07, 2014, 10:29:56 AM »
I don't know about podcasts but Bill Burr, Patton Oswalt and Adam Carolla are pretty equally hilarious.

I saw Burr at the Westbury Music Fair as a birthday present from the wife last year and I was laughing so hard my face hurt. IMO, he's top 3 in terms of comedians over the past 10 years.

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2014, 11:44:19 AM »
Freakonomics.
This American Life

... and Radiolab are the only ones I listen to regularly.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2014, 11:56:38 AM »
I don't know about podcasts but Bill Burr, Patton Oswalt and Adam Carolla are pretty equally hilarious.

I saw Burr at the Westbury Music Fair as a birthday present from the wife last year and I was laughing so hard my face hurt. IMO, he's top 3 in terms of comedians over the past 10 years.

Burr and Oswalt are my favorites aside from the legends. Burr is criminally underrated though. I saw him last year and I've followed him since the late 90s and listen to his podcast religiously.

He did an hour and a half of ALL NEW material. Top quality stuff too not tournaments he was trying out. It was HBO special quality stuff.

Met him afterwards and talked to him for like 5 minutes. He's a real good guy. Got a pic with him, it's funny since I tower over him I looked like I was on security duty or something.

But can't stress enough how down to earth he was.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #28 on: April 07, 2014, 06:35:19 PM »
^he seems it. Every comedy special I've seen of him was ridiculous. He was very underutilized when he was doing Sunday Night Football half times. He's not meant for stuff like that though.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #29 on: April 07, 2014, 07:09:38 PM »
Pogcasts

Tags: