Author Topic: lolraiders  (Read 54295 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: lolraiders
« Reply #465 on: May 25, 2023, 03:47:05 PM »
Tua/Zach in 2024

#DCMwishlist
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #466 on: May 25, 2023, 04:14:26 PM »
Will the Raiders trade Maxx Crosby and 6 first rounders to San Franciso for Sam Darnold now?

/dcm mode
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #467 on: May 28, 2023, 08:10:28 AM »
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1662798373605330946?t=iJi_Kc3p7m5vfKCjo-o-0A&s=19

For everyone (dcm) that wanted the jets to sign Jimmy G....this is why you don't shop at garage sales/flea markets for franchise QBs.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #468 on: May 28, 2023, 02:13:47 PM »
Let's compare worst case scenario with Jimmy G vs Rodgers

Worst case scenario for Jimmy G is they cut him, incur no cap hit and lose no draft picks. Essentially it's as if the move never happened, they suck without a QB, and then get a top draft pick to address the position

Worst case scenario for the Jets/Rodgers is we give up a significant draft compensation, a ginormous amount of cap space, and if he's washed up then we suck and the Packers end up with an awesome 1st round pick next year. On top of this the Jets will incur Rodgers obscene cap hit every season for the next several years

Jimmy G having health risk obviously sucks, but the Raiders addressed this concern with his contract, that they can get out of at no cost if they aren't satisfied with his health.

Rodgers by far has the most upside of any QB move we could have possibly made, and if he plays his best football it gives us the best chances we've had a SB in years. He also by a tremendous margin had the highest potential downside of any QB move we could have made because of the trade/financial compensation.

FWIW it's always been clear that Carr was by far my first choice, and Jimmy G was a backup plan that you fall back to if the big boy options fall apart.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2023, 02:19:13 PM by dcm1602 »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #469 on: May 29, 2023, 07:37:50 AM »
ProFootballTalk
@ProFootballTalk
·
13h
Offshore sports book has Tom Brady as the 2-1 favorite to be the next QB of the Raiders, if it's not Jimmy Garoppolo.

i'll have to verify with Smalls on this one...

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #470 on: May 30, 2023, 08:39:56 PM »
https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1662798373605330946?t=iJi_Kc3p7m5vfKCjo-o-0A&s=19

For everyone (dcm) that wanted the jets to sign Jimmy G....this is why you don't shop at garage sales/flea markets for franchise QBs.
I don't know how any of us could know Garoppolo's injuries were so bad he couldn't pass a physical.

It's like guys with character/injury issues in the draft. None of us know how serious certain issues are.

I still think a healthy Jimmy G is just as good as a healthy Derek Carr, and the difference in contract is due to Carr being a much smaller health risk. Obviously that is worth paying Carr more, the question is how much more. If Jimmy's issues are bad enough where his contract has to get significantly restructured, then it's probably a good thing we passed.

I was always on Rodgers though.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #471 on: May 30, 2023, 09:00:55 PM »
I don't know how any of us could know Garoppolo's injuries were so bad he couldn't pass a physical.

It's like guys with character/injury issues in the draft. None of us know how serious certain issues are.

I still think a healthy Jimmy G is just as good as a healthy Derek Carr, and the difference in contract is due to Carr being a much smaller health risk. Obviously that is worth paying Carr more, the question is how much more. If Jimmy's issues are bad enough where his contract has to get significantly restructured, then it's probably a good thing we passed.

I was always on Rodgers though.
Jimmy G has been a piece of glass for years...not sure how this was a big surprise

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #472 on: May 31, 2023, 07:58:20 AM »
Jimmy G has been a piece of glass for years...not sure how this was a big surprise

I'll never understand how people assume injuries are completely a result of bad luck.

Why do some guys only get hurt if they run face-first into a wall, while others get hurt every time they run hard? I just don't see how it's a product of luck.

Jimmy is injury-prone, and it was the primary reason people like me didn't want him here. The only "positive" to him for me was that he'd act as a bridge to Zach if Wilson has any potential to still be a starting NFL QB. I strongly prefer how things worked out.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #473 on: August 09, 2023, 07:09:28 PM »
OJ does not approve.

https://www.tmz.com/2023/08/09/oj-simpson-critical-henry-ruggs-sentence-death-tina-tintor-raiders-nfl/

I wonder if OJ, deep down, even believes he killed Ron & Nicole.  Thirty years of telling the same lie can do things to the mind, especially one that exists in a CTE brain. 

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #475 on: September 20, 2023, 04:12:08 PM »

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #476 on: September 20, 2023, 05:28:30 PM »
He was hacked, just not his account.  His brain.
That family has some amazing athletes and all have some issues.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #477 on: September 25, 2023, 12:49:12 PM »
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
·
13m
#Raiders coach Josh McDaniels tells reporters that QB Jimmy Garoppolo is in the NFL’s concussion protocol.

Death
Taxes
Jimmy G getting hurt

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #478 on: September 25, 2023, 01:34:07 PM »

Death
Taxes
Jimmy G getting hurt

We should have signed him man, this OL would protect him.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #479 on: September 25, 2023, 01:39:26 PM »

Death
Taxes
Jimmy G getting hurt

Thank goodness we dodged that bullet!
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well