Author Topic: Jets didn't reach out to Darrelle Revis  (Read 44378 times)

Ignatius J Reilly

Re: Jets didn't reach out to Darrelle Revis
« Reply #225 on: March 14, 2014, 04:04:29 PM »
It could have worked out better for us if we signed him now after getting the pick for him and pairing him with Milliner, assuming Milliner works out.

The difference between us keeping him for 2013 and letting him hit the open market and what happened is we would have had all that time to deal with it and get a plan together, including the exclusive window teams had to talk to their own players. We know Revis would have gone to the open market, but the Jets would have had more than a few hours to get over their hurt feelings, look at their cap space and consider their options. True, we wouldn't have Milliner, a risk I would have taken.

The exclusive window makes no difference to a couple of agents who have been great at maintaining distance from teams as a negotiation tactic.  If you think Revis' team would have been sitting there trying to work out a deal before they could hit the open market, you haven't been paying attention.  His market was higher than Idzik wanted to pay.  He wasn't getting that contract here.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #226 on: March 14, 2014, 05:14:46 PM »
They have Brady dude they can afford to. If they didn't have Brady and had a mediocre QB, Bellichick would have been fired 5 years ago.

It's less that they can afford to and more that they have to - Denver and New Orleans are in win now mode, Seattle and San Fran are in win long time mode. New England can't afford to wait for an opportunity, they have to go for it.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #227 on: March 14, 2014, 05:21:42 PM »
We would have had Richardson anyways even though people have told me multiple times that Milliner wss higher on the Jets draft board as a prospect

/IS

FLORIDAJET

• Petrozza's Ottoman
  • Vernon Gholston
« Reply #228 on: March 16, 2014, 01:39:32 PM »
I bet the patriots and revis come to a long term deal sooner rather than later.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #229 on: March 16, 2014, 01:42:48 PM »
I bet the patriots and revis come to a long term deal sooner rather than later.

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk

I bet you have no factually information backing that and it's just your subjective opinion.