Author Topic: Jets didn't reach out to Darrelle Revis  (Read 44396 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: Jets didn't reach out to Darrelle Revis
« Reply #180 on: March 13, 2014, 12:22:26 PM »
You don't need to be a money grubber to get paid how you deserve. I'm not sure anyone though this of Larry Fitzgerald when he cashed in 8yr/128.5mil contract with 50 million guaranteed back in 2011.

Sherman will top Revis if he has another year like he just did.
I hope you realize, I mean he hasn't held out twice to sign and renegotiate a rookie deal. You think Revis would have played out the deal like Sherman did, all things equal?

Fitzgerald isn't looked at as being a whore because he isn't, he isn't close to, nor should be looked at in the same vain as Revis.

BTW, when I call Revis a whore, he is, but I also respect that athletic careers are finite. It's within his right to get as much as possible in the short span he is an elite athlete.
« Last Edit: March 13, 2014, 12:24:10 PM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #181 on: March 13, 2014, 12:28:42 PM »
Revis is now considering a pre-holdout in advance of Sherman's contract.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #182 on: March 13, 2014, 12:32:26 PM »
I hope you realize, I mean he hasn't held out twice to sign and renegotiate a rookie deal. You think Revis would have played out the deal like Sherman did, all things equal?

Fitzgerald isn't looked at as being a whore because he isn't, he isn't close to, nor should be looked at in the same vain as Revis.

BTW, when I call Revis a whore, he is, but I also respect that athletic careers are finite. It's within his right to get as much as possible in the short span he is an elite athlete.

I've never seen an athlete as widely respected for his ability as Revis act so insecure about getting paid.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #183 on: March 13, 2014, 12:35:51 PM »
I've never seen an athlete as widely respected for his ability as Revis act so insecure about getting paid.

It's like he is OCD or something. Actually that may be it, some version of it.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #184 on: March 13, 2014, 12:52:19 PM »
This deal means that his cap hit this year is lower, giving them more space this year but a bunch of dead money next year. Doesn't seem like a very Patriot way of doing things, everything here screams chasing the closing window.

Further expanding: Cap hit for this year is likely around 6.5, with 5.5 or so in dead money next year. Unless they renegotiate.

gat dayum

• Drew Coleman
« Reply #185 on: March 13, 2014, 01:21:48 PM »
Including what he's getting from New England his career earnings have got to be close to 70 million by now right?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #186 on: March 13, 2014, 01:24:01 PM »
Including what he's getting from New England his career earnings have got to be close to 70 million by now right?

Yeah, saw a tweet earlier that said something like that.

klaximilian

« Reply #187 on: March 13, 2014, 02:46:40 PM »

You're missing the point. Sherman will get paid big, and it has nothing to do with him being a money grubbing whore. At least I don't think it will come to that, but stranger excrement has happened.

Revis' money grubbing tactics are well-documented, and completely on another level.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #188 on: March 13, 2014, 03:00:37 PM »
You're missing the point. Sherman will get paid big, and it has nothing to do with him being a money grubbing whore. At least I don't think it will come to that, but stranger excrement has happened.

Revis' money grubbing tactics are well-documented, and completely on another level.

Yeah about that, I am not missing anything. I think you're missing the point that we are both saying the same damn thing and agreeing. GFY Klax.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #189 on: March 13, 2014, 03:52:11 PM »
No, but he is going to get paid big.

Seattle can also franchise tag him and use that for leverage to keep him lower. Dick freak should have an easier time getting more money.

Unless a deranged jet fan shoots him in the knee caps this year

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #190 on: March 13, 2014, 06:52:00 PM »
I just realised something awesome. This contract means that next year, Revis either gets $20M from the Patriots or becomes a free agent. You know who else is UFA next year? Richard Sherman. Good luck being the highest paid DB in the game next year, Revis. And if you are, good work on crippling whichever team it is paying you.

Makes more sense why Idzik wasn't willing to contact Revis' camp. He's well aware of what he and his agents want, and that $20 million year two clause pretty much says it all. Revis just flat out will not do a long term deal unless it's for an insane amount of money, more than any reasonable GM is willing to pay. Idzik could have brought Revis in for the same deal, but why deal with the headache for what would likely be a one year rental?
"Wrong!"

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #191 on: March 13, 2014, 06:54:25 PM »
He definitely has some sort of mental illness if he's that obsessed with the 16 million a year average/being the highest paid corner

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #192 on: March 13, 2014, 06:58:12 PM »
He definitely has some sort of mental illness if he's that obsessed with the 16 million a year average/being the highest paid corner

And who knows that better than the Jets? It probably wasn't even a question for Idzik when Revis became available. I sort of respect him for sticking to his guns. freak that nonsense. We're trying to build a perennial winning team here.
"Wrong!"

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #193 on: March 13, 2014, 07:04:23 PM »
And who knows that better than the Jets? It probably wasn't even a question for Idzik when Revis became available. I sort of respect him for sticking to his guns. freak that nonsense. We're trying to build a perennial winning team here.

not for nothing but can we build a winning team before we worry about being a perennial winner?
Need a new one for a new board...

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #194 on: March 14, 2014, 04:35:55 AM »

not for nothing but can we build a winning team before we worry about being a perennial winner?

Considering we were 8-8 last season, I would say we weren't that far from it.