Author Topic: Week 5: Jets (2-2) at Falcons (1-3) KO 8:40pm EST  (Read 67971 times)

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
Re: Week 5: Jets (2-2) at Atlanta (1-3) KO 8:40pm EST
« Reply #15 on: October 07, 2013, 06:57:31 PM »
I am banking on the fact that we can get after Ryan with just a 4 man rush tonight.  Is there any reason we shouldn't be able to do that?  I don't know much about the Falcons OL.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #16 on: October 07, 2013, 06:58:28 PM »
This game thread should be a good test of the new site.

Why? What's going to go wrong? Sounds like there may be gremlins lurking.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #17 on: October 07, 2013, 06:59:39 PM »
I am banking on the fact that we can get after Ryan with just a 4 man rush tonight.  Is there any reason we shouldn't be able to do that?  I don't know much about the Falcons OL.

Their offensive line isn't very good at all.  I just worry that Ryan will attack Walls and Wilson, and they'll hold his receivers.

Free yardage.

Our DL should dominate tonight.  I'm worried about our offense and our #2 and #3 corners.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #18 on: October 07, 2013, 07:00:53 PM »
Colin Quinn is on PIX11's pregame show.

wat

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2013, 07:01:20 PM »

Their offensive line isn't very good at all.  I just worry that Ryan will attack Walls and Wilson, and they'll hold his receivers.

Free yardage.

Our DL should dominate tonight.  I'm worried about our offense and our #2 and #3 corners.

I have been telling people that Atlanta doesn't have much of a line, and I was laughed at.  I was calling for a Zone coverage scheme with Cro Walls playing man.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2013, 07:01:57 PM »

Free yardage.

Hopefully the pass rush can get there before any routes can develop.  Then it's all about covering the hot routes and dump offs.  They shouldn't be able to run much on anyone, much less us.

If Geno turns it over 2-3 times, none of this matters.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #21 on: October 07, 2013, 07:02:25 PM »
Ben Ija.....Ijala......not gonna work here anymore anyway.......

^ well done, sir.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 07:04:05 PM by MBGreen »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #22 on: October 07, 2013, 07:03:01 PM »
I have been telling people that Atlanta doesn't have much of a line, and I was laughed at. I was calling for a Zone coverage scheme with Cro Walls playing man.

Who did you call?

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #23 on: October 07, 2013, 07:03:08 PM »

Free yardage.

Hopefully the pass rush can get there before any routes can develop.  Then it's all about covering the hot routes and dump offs.  They shouldn't be able to run much on anyone, much less us.

If Geno turns it over 2-3 times, none of this matters.

That is why I am hoping for a zone coverage game plan.

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #24 on: October 07, 2013, 07:04:16 PM »
I have been telling people that Atlanta doesn't have much of a line, and I was laughed at. I was calling for a Zone coverage scheme with Cro Walls playing man.

Who did you call?

Manish Mehta since he has Idzik's ear.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2013, 07:04:51 PM »

Free yardage.

I have been telling people that Atlanta doesn't have much of a line, and I was laughed at.  I was calling for a Zone coverage scheme with Cro Walls playing man.

So you want the corners to play man and then the backers and the safeties play zone? 

Matt Ryan would check down all day.  Tony Gonzalez would kill us over the middle.

Rex will never put Cromartie in zone either. 

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2013, 07:05:17 PM »
Ryan knows what he's doing.  I'd never question his scheme, just the guys in it sometimes.  If he thinks we should play a Mexican butthole scheme, then he's probably right.

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2013, 07:08:04 PM »

Free yardage.

So you want the corners to play man and then the backers and the safeties play zone? 

Matt Ryan would check down all day.  Tony Gonzalez would kill us over the middle.

5 guys to cover the holes for 3 keys.  I will take my chances vs letting Davis/Harris/Allen/Jarrett cover Gonzalez.

Edit:  Again this is assuming we can hurry ryan with a 4 man rush.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2013, 07:09:53 PM »
Maybe the DL can just take Ryan out. Who's their backup anyway?

Edit: Some guy named Dominique Davis.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2013, 07:13:09 PM by Badger »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2013, 07:11:30 PM »

Free yardage.

5 guys to cover the holes for 3 keys.  I will take my chances vs letting Davis/Harris/Allen/Jarrett cover Gonzalez.

Edit:  Again this is assuming we can hurry ryan with a 4 man rush.

Ryan will attack the hell out of a zone with our personnel, especially outside the hashes.  Wideouts can clear-out and backs/tight ends will be in great position outside against a slower backer. 

Against a team with lesser talent at wideout and quarterback, this isn't a bad idea...but Douglas and Gonzalez will kill a zone loaded with backers and box safeties.

Tags: