Author Topic: Work Lunchin' and Good Eatin'  (Read 208671 times)

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
Re: Work Lunchin' and Good Eatin'
« Reply #2205 on: October 22, 2023, 01:53:57 PM »
https://apnews.com/article/pepper-x-carolina-reaper-guinness-ed-currie-9c28d8cace1db200e1f9339e783cfbf3

Good article about the new hottest pepper but this stuck out to me:

Habaneros were the hottest pepper on earth 25 years ago? I didn't realize the Scoville wars were such a recent development.

Weed and peppers have come a long way since the 90's. 

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2207 on: March 05, 2024, 08:09:23 PM »
Good read for pepper heads

https://www.dmagazine.com/food-drink/2023/05/why-jalapeno-peppers-less-spicy-blame-aggies/

I saw some article earlier that said foreigners, specifically Americans who are moving to Mexico City are ruining the cuisine there because they keep complaining that the food is too spicy.

This does not appear to be disproving that theory.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #2208 on: March 09, 2024, 09:44:52 AM »
My brother in law has 25 mostly wooded acres, this year he decided to tap a couple of trees and he gave me a few gallons of sap so I have been making my own maple syrup. It tastes fantastic.

I am attaining peak Canadian.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #2209 on: March 11, 2024, 12:39:17 PM »
Lunch for opening day of Tampering.

-Shaved Montreal smoked meat on rye w/ grey poupon mustard and a slice of cheddar. Blueberry greek yogurt.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #2210 on: April 19, 2024, 07:57:33 AM »
Is Medieval Times worth going to for a family with kids? Looking at the one in Lyndhurst. I don't love the ticket price but if you factor in the show it might be novel to do it once.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #2211 on: April 19, 2024, 08:18:56 AM »
Is Medieval Times worth going to for a family with kids? Looking at the one in Lyndhurst. I don't love the ticket price but if you factor in the show it might be novel to do it once.

Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #2212 on: April 19, 2024, 09:44:39 AM »

We did a birthday party for my youngest there like 10 years ago. It was fun enough. The show is okay, it's amusing to get into the cheering for "your knight", and you eat a big turkey leg.

I don't think we'd ever do it again, but as a one time, it was okay.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well