Author Topic: Jets sign Tyron Smith  (Read 2065 times)

Cane

• Chad Pennington
Re: Jets sign Tyron Smith
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2024, 01:31:33 PM »
You really think none of the top 3 would be there at 10? I feel like there's a solid chance at least 1 of them (not named MHJ) is.
Right now, I don’t, but that could change depending on what the Vikings do and who they swap for if they move to the top 5. I fully expect all four QBs to go along with one tackle. The only other players who are given consistent top ten value are the three wideouts.

I think any more than one defensive player would be a stretch, as would a team prioritizing Brock over a receiver. It would take both of those things happening or one and a second tackle finding his way in to get one of the receivers to fall.

Obviously the draft is always crazy shitshow so who freaking knows, but I’d he legitimately surprised.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #31 on: March 17, 2024, 01:31:52 PM »
You really think none of the top 3 would be there at 10? I feel like there's a solid chance at least 1 of them (not named MHJ) is.

Chicago - Caleb Williams
Washington - Drake Maye
New England* - Jayden Daniels
Arizona - Marvin Harrison Jr.

I think these four players are locks. 

Things will get interesting with Harbaugh and the Chargers.  They clearly need receivers, but he may value an elite tackle prospect like Joe Alt over Malik Nabers.

Giants
Titans
Atlanta
Chicago

TEN, ATL, and CHI do not need receivers.  Titans will probably take Fashanu or Fuaga after landing Ridley.  Atlanta almost has to go defense.  Chicago too.  If/when ATL takes Dallas Turner, Chicago is gonna try to move back. 

We need another team like Minnesota to jump up and take a 4th QB in the Top 9. 
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 01:36:20 PM by Heismanberg »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #32 on: March 17, 2024, 01:39:23 PM »
Right now, I don’t, but that could change depending on what the Vikings do and who they swap for if they move to the top 5. I fully expect all four QBs to go along with one tackle. The only other players who are given consistent top ten value are the three wideouts.

We really need to hope for 4 QBs and Dallas Turner in the Top 9. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2024, 02:49:43 PM »
We really need to hope for 4 QBs and Dallas Turner in the Top 9.
The issue with this class and the top ten are that there are so few wildcards that could sneak their way in. Like I think the four QBs and Turner will go in the top 9, but you still need one more guy (those 5 + Alt + 2 WRs). The only real candidates would be Verse, Mitchell, Bowers, Olu, or Fuaga.

I also think Chicago is still very much in play for a receiver, especially if it’s Odunze. Allen could easily be a one year fix, and he’d be the guy with low money to grow with Caleb.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2024, 03:03:05 PM »
At least trading up 1 spot in front of us to get an OT isn't such a gimme move anymore.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2024, 05:23:26 PM »
Chicago - Caleb Williams
Washington - Drake Maye
New England* - Jayden Daniels
Arizona - Marvin Harrison Jr.

I think these four players are locks. 

Things will get interesting with Harbaugh and the Chargers.  They clearly need receivers, but he may value an elite tackle prospect like Joe Alt over Malik Nabers.

Giants
Titans
Atlanta
Chicago

TEN, ATL, and CHI do not need receivers.  Titans will probably take Fashanu or Fuaga after landing Ridley.  Atlanta almost has to go defense.  Chicago too.  If/when ATL takes Dallas Turner, Chicago is gonna try to move back. 

We need another team like Minnesota to jump up and take a 4th QB in the Top 9. 

Honest question. If you are Arizona and Minnesota offers you 11 and 23 and a 2023 2nd for 4, so they can take JJ McCarthy… are you passing on that offer for Marv? He’s a star… but Arizona can load up on premium picks and really rebuild a bad roster
Need a new one for a new board...

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2024, 05:31:27 PM »
Washington seems to be taking Daniels.

McCarthy is also probably going ahead of us.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2024, 06:13:54 PM »

Honest question. If you are Arizona and Minnesota offers you 11 and 23 and a 2023 2nd for 4, so they can take JJ McCarthy… are you passing on that offer for Marv? He’s a star… but Arizona can load up on premium picks and really rebuild a bad roster

Who are they trying to trade ahead of in your scenario? What are the circumstances in which McCarthy isn't available at 11?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2024, 06:18:54 PM »
Who are they trying to trade ahead of in your scenario? What are the circumstances in which McCarthy isn't available at 11?
Apparently the Giants love McCarthy
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2024, 06:29:07 PM »
Apparently the Giants love McCarthy

I still think they draft a lineman. And if Minny really think the Giants are taking McCarthy then they have to trade with Arizona or the Chargers and it will cost a stupid amount, I like McCarthy a lot but I don't think he's worth what that would cost.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #40 on: March 17, 2024, 07:19:25 PM »

If McCarthy is the guy, and you just acquired another #1 to move up… you move up and go get him. Don’t risk Denver or LV or the Saints or any random team going up ahead of you to get the guy.

And as for the cost, 2 out of every ten QBs traded up for end up worth the cost. Last one that was I believe is Josh Allen. When you make the move… gotta be right. And every GM making the move thinks they will be right.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 07:20:59 PM by Libero_2 »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #41 on: March 17, 2024, 07:46:38 PM »
If McCarthy is the guy, and you just acquired another #1 to move up… you move up and go get him. Don’t risk Denver or LV or the Saints or any random team going up ahead of you to get the guy.

And as for the cost, 2 out of every ten QBs traded up for end up worth the cost. Last one that was I believe is Josh Allen. When you make the move… gotta be right. And every GM making the move thinks they will be right.

So by your own statement the chances of it being a good move are pretty slim, but you still think there's a real possibility that the Vikings are going to trade multiple 1st and 2nd round draft picks to get to #5 in order to select a guy who two months ago no one thought should make arrangements to be in Detroit in April? I like McCarthy and I think O'Connell is a smart coach who knows QBs, but I don't really see the sense. McCarthy probably isn't a day 1 starter for a good team, and Minnesota are decent but they aren't that good of a roster that they can mortgage the next two drafts for a developmental guy.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #42 on: March 17, 2024, 07:49:36 PM »
So by your own statement the chances of it being a good move are pretty slim, but you still think there's a real possibility that the Vikings are going to trade multiple 1st and 2nd round draft picks to get to #5 in order to select a guy who two months ago no one thought should make arrangements to be in Detroit in April? I like McCarthy and I think O'Connell is a smart coach who knows QBs, but I don't really see the sense. McCarthy probably isn't a day 1 starter for a good team, and Minnesota are decent but they aren't that good of a roster that they can mortgage the next two drafts for a developmental guy.

The Vikings didn’t acquire #23 to just hold on to it. They are planning something. The most logical use of that resource is to go and secure a QB.

And just as I said, I don’t think it’s a good idea. And I’ve thought a metric fuckton of NFL has moved were a bad idea, like the Panthers trading 3 1s and DJ Moore for Bryce Young just a year ago. People do crazy things in the league that defy logic and sense.

Is it possible I’m wrong and the Vikings have just decided that they want to get a developmental tackle at 23? Sure. But that move wouldn’t seem particularly prudent either.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2024, 07:51:38 PM by Libero_2 »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #43 on: March 17, 2024, 07:51:44 PM »
The Vikings didn’t acquire #23 to just hold on to it. They are planning something. The most logical use of that resource is to go and secure a QB.

OK, here's a fun one for you. Minnesota send 11 and 108 to LA for Herbert, and Harbaugh drafts McCarthy at 5. Herbert is ready to win and Harbaugh knows how to make McCarthy tick while resetting the QB pay clock and getting another high first round pick. That makes more sense to me.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #44 on: March 17, 2024, 07:53:22 PM »
I'd be very surprised right now if McCarthy made it to 10. I think he's just as likely to go 3.

Tags: