Author Topic: 2024 Jets offseason  (Read 9402 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: 2024 Jets offseason
« Reply #15 on: February 22, 2024, 09:10:02 AM »
If we sign Bakhtiari I will convince myself that he's got a couple of seasons of top quality play left and that we're going to get the benefit of the surgeries and recoveries that he's had on Green Bay's dime, but it will be a phenomenal risk to take.

White Duane Brown. 
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #16 on: February 22, 2024, 09:12:49 AM »
White Duane Brown. 

TBF Bakhtiari is much younger than Brown was when we signed him, and was probably a better player at his peak. Bakhtiari's injury history is much more problematic though.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #17 on: February 22, 2024, 09:23:43 AM »
If we sign Bakhtiari I will convince myself that he's got a couple of seasons of top quality play left and that we're going to get the benefit of the surgeries and recoveries that he's had on Green Bay's dime, but it will be a phenomenal risk to take.

Pretty big leap of faith here.

I also think the Steelers are going to attempt a huge run at him as well.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #18 on: February 22, 2024, 09:24:47 AM »
Pretty big leap of faith here.

I also think the Steelers are going to attempt a huge run at him as well.

It's a huge leap of faith but I'm an expert at offseason optimism. If I wasn't I'd probably have given up on every single team I follow across all sports by now.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #19 on: February 22, 2024, 09:34:23 AM »
White Duane Brown. 

Then sign him to a 1 year deal.  Brown was good for 1 year.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #20 on: February 22, 2024, 09:52:42 AM »
Then sign him to a 1 year deal.  Brown was good for 1 year.

Not giving an older player with an already existing major injury history a multi-year deal would be a good first step from Douglas to show that he's learned from his past mistakes.

We'll offer him a 3 year deal with a massive signing bonus and assume the tackles are set. EDGE/Safety in the first round.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #21 on: February 22, 2024, 09:57:10 AM »
Not giving an older player with an already existing major injury history a multi-year deal would be a good first step from Douglas to show that he's learned from his past mistakes.

We'll offer him a 3 year deal with a massive signing bonus and assume the tackles are set. EDGE/Safety in the first round.

League minimum, maybe we can get him a discount on Broadway tickets.  Best I can do.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2024, 09:57:19 AM »

I think a one year deal with a player option for a second that activates based on snaps wouldn't be the end of the world.

I also think there's a decent chance that he doesn't want to come here, or he just retires. The poor guy has been through a miserable time with botched operations on his knee, he might well decide that the last thing he wants to do when he's finally through all the medical trauma is risk MetLife turf destroying it again.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #23 on: February 22, 2024, 09:58:39 AM »
At least there wouldn't be any question about Bakhtiari's play if he's healthy.  Better than a questionable talent that might not be healthy.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2024, 10:00:41 AM »
I think a one year deal with a player option for a second that activates based on snaps wouldn't be the end of the world.

I also think there's a decent chance that he doesn't want to come here, or he just retires. The poor guy has been through a miserable time with botched operations on his knee, he might well decide that the last thing he wants to do when he's finally through all the medical trauma is risk MetLife turf destroying it again.

I don't think he has a Super Bowl ring.  That might be a motivator to keep playing. 

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #25 on: February 22, 2024, 10:09:23 AM »
At least there wouldn't be any question about Bakhtiari's play if he's healthy.  Better than a questionable talent that might not be healthy.

He's played 13 games in the last 3 seasons and he's north of 30. There should be a LOT of questions about his play regardless of where his knee is at at this point.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #26 on: February 22, 2024, 10:15:19 AM »
He's played 13 games in the last 3 seasons and he's north of 30. There should be a LOT of questions about his play regardless of where his knee is at at this point.

I think his level of play is completely dependent on his health.  If he is healthy and playing, he is good.  I don't think there's much chance he is out there playing and healthy and just sucks.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2024, 10:15:29 AM »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2024, 10:15:46 AM »

Johnny English