Author Topic: Prospect Fits for the Jets (Defensive Line)  (Read 442 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Prospect Fits for the Jets (Defensive Line)
« on: February 08, 2024, 03:17:13 PM »
Leonard Taylor III - Miami (FL)
Ruke Orhorhoro - Clemson
Michael Hall Jr. - Ohio State
McKinnley Jackson - Texas A&M
Brandon Dorlus - Oregon
DeWayne Carter - Duke
Braden Fiske - Florida State
Justin Eboigbe - Alabama

These are prospects that shouldn't go on the first or second day of the 2024 NFL Draft.  I don't think we should take a defensive lineman high in the draft.  I also don't think we're in position to land one like T'Vondre Sweat or Byron Murphy II if they slide.

Dorlus and Orhorhoro can slide all around the DL.  If we bring back Quinton Jefferson as an early down interior pass rusher, these are two prospects that would be nice to develop behind him.  These are also the two best prospects of this group, so I wouldn't be surprised if they test well and rise into the second round.  Fiske is a nice consolation prize as a mid-round interior disruptor.

« Last Edit: February 11, 2024, 04:14:46 PM by Heismanberg »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
Re: Prospect Fits for the Jets (Defensive Line)
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2024, 07:34:57 PM »
Leonard Taylor III - Miami (FL)
Ruke Orhorhoro - Clemson
Michael Hall Jr. - Ohio State
McKinnley Jackson - Texas A&M
Brandon Dorlus - Oregon
DeWayne Carter - Duke
Braden Fiske - Florida State
Justin Eboigbe - Alabama

These are prospects that shouldn't go on the first or second day of the 2024 NFL Draft.  I don't think we should take a defensive lineman high in the draft.  I also don't think we're in position to land one like T'Vondre Sweat or Byron Murphy II if they slide.

Dorlus and Orhorhoro can slide all around the DL.  If we bring back Quinton Jefferson as an early down interior pass rusher, these are two prospects that would be nice to develop behind him.  These are also the two best prospects of this group, so I wouldn't be surprised if they test well and rise into the second round.  Fiske is a nice consolation prize as a mid-round interior disruptor.
Big fan of Jackson Carter and Fiske

Fiske would be a nice value compliment next to Q .

Funny thing is even Leger Douzable started mentioned Fiske by name as a 3rd rd guy

This yr us an awful yr to not have a 2nd

Could easily get 2 OL or 1 OL 1 WR  before getting a solid run stuffer next to Q .

Le sigh. Let's see if JD can maneuver a trade down worth doing .

Tags: