Author Topic: 4:20  (Read 54735 times)

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
Re: 4:20
« Reply #15 on: December 28, 2013, 02:18:49 PM »
I don't bother with glass because i break it all.

have 1 little glass piece and that's it. i mostly smoke out of the vape or smoke joints

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #16 on: December 28, 2013, 02:43:18 PM »

have 1 little glass piece and that's it. i mostly smoke out of the vape or smoke joints

How does it affect your gains?

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2013, 03:21:12 PM »
How does it affect your gains?

I have smoked before going to the gym about 95% of the time since college.  Doesn't affect my endurance at all and makes the overall experience more enjoyable given the amount of douchebags in there.  Just zone out to my music, and focus on my workout.

Not trying to be a tough guy or impress anyone, but that's really my routine. People that say weed kills your work ethic or motivation never really had that much to begin with.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2013, 04:59:06 PM »
I have smoked before going to the gym about 95% of the time since college.  Doesn't affect my endurance at all and makes the overall experience more enjoyable given the amount of douchebags in there.  Just zone out to my music, and focus on my workout.

One of my best friends does this and he swears by it.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2013, 09:16:05 PM »

I knew it. My woman dropped the foot long blue glasser bringing it out and its done. The same day I posted about my gear. Urghhh

I suck at rolling joints :(

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2013, 09:29:38 PM »

Not trying to be a tough guy or impress anyone, but that's really my routine. People that say weed kills your work ethic or motivation never really had that much to begin with.

sorry but that's bullshit.

don't be one of those guys who says they can "do anything high" and everyone should be able to too. Most people just say that as an excuse to justify their psychological need to toke every second.

Any indica dominant strain knocks me out and makes me stupid. It's just more difficult to process stuff. Some people can get away with it but weed effects everyone differently and for most people it makes doing tasks more difficult. I don't see the point in getting baked just to make something more challenging than it is. Just because you can do it doesn't make it a good idea

Smoking before the gym (when i actually used to go regularly) was generally a no no for me, unless it was something light like bi's tris or abs. Then yeah, there were times i was able to "get in the zone"

Any high intensity Olympic lift like deadlift or squats i'd be gassed and dead practically on warmups. Filling your lungs with carcinogens (unless you used a vape) is just retarded if you plan on doing heavy lifting. My workouts were pretty short but intense and involved going heavy....weed is a depressant so naturally it makes it more difficult to push through and keep pushing yourself when your body is ready to give up.

smoking weed after though is nice.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2013, 09:33:56 PM »

I knew it. My woman dropped the foot long blue glasser bringing it out and its done. The same day I posted about my gear. Urghhh

that sucks man.

I couldn't deal anymore with the disappointment of having nice glassware and then breaking it. It was usually in the stupidest moments too, which made it worse.

I like the high from vapes more anyways. it's just cleaner. If I don't want to waste a ton of weed rolling a joint/blunt or load up the vape, I have a little like $40-50 glass bowl i use. Nothing fancy, good as a backup and fairly hard to break/not a big deal if i do.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2013, 09:35:43 PM by JFIF »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2013, 09:41:51 PM »

You let this woman carry your child?

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2013, 09:56:58 PM »
sorry but that's bullshit.

don't be one of those guys who says they can "do anything high" and everyone should be able to too. Most people just say that as an excuse to justify their psychological need to toke every second.

Any indica dominant strain knocks me out and makes me stupid. It's just more difficult to process stuff. Some people can get away with it but weed effects everyone differently and for most people it makes doing tasks more difficult. I don't see the point in getting baked just to make something more challenging than it is. Just because you can do it doesn't make it a good idea

Smoking before the gym (when i actually used to go regularly) was generally a no no for me, unless it was something light like bi's tris or abs. Then yeah, there were times i was able to "get in the zone"

Any high intensity Olympic lift like deadlift or squats i'd be gassed and dead practically on warmups. Filling your lungs with carcinogens (unless you used a vape) is just retarded if you plan on doing heavy lifting. My workouts were pretty short but intense and involved going heavy....weed is a depressant so naturally it makes it more difficult to push through and keep pushing yourself when your body is ready to give up.

smoking weed after though is nice.

Ok I probably shouldn't have projected my own beliefs onto other people, since everyone is different and definitely have different reactions to intoxicants.

I'm sure you know medical marijuana users smoke literally all day, and yes, some of them are functional human beings that make positive contributions to society.

In regards to working out, I agree with you for the most part.  I went through the same thing around 6+ years when I started doing it.  I used to get tired and not push through workouts, but that's also because I was a novice at weightlifting. Not anymore.  My strength, endurance, athleticism are all the best they have ever been in my life and continue to improve on a daily basis.  I squat, deadlift, run distance, you name it.  If there are any actual studies on if marijuana affects your ability to work out or build muscle, I would happily read them.  I've honestly always been curious about the physical side effects, but have never experienced any negative ones.

edit: the comment of mine that you bolded was more directed at people that don't smoke and assume that if you do, you're lazy, sedentary, and unhealthy.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 08:13:16 PM by SixFeetDeep »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2013, 09:59:31 PM »
One of my best friends does this and he swears by it.

In my personal experience I am the only person I know that does this.  I have a ton of friends that both smoke and exercise but none of them combine the two.  thanks for sharing.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2013, 10:21:25 PM »
anyways

wut drugs

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2013, 11:36:50 PM »
Going to the gym high? I'd often considered shitting my pants while high to avoid going to the bathroom.
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2014, 11:29:02 PM »
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2014/01/04/report-cuomo-to-legalize-medical-marijuana-in-ny-/4321637/

ALBANY, N.Y. — New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo will announce plans to legalize medical marijuana through an executive order, according to a published report Saturday.

Cuomo is expected to legalize medical marijuana on a limited basis at 20 hospitals for specific conditions, the New York Times reported Saturday evening. Cuomo will make the announcement during his State of the State address on Wednesday, the newspaper said, citing unnamed state officials.

The move would be a shift for Cuomo, who is up for re-election in November. As recently as April, he voiced opposition to the idea, questioning whether it could be properly regulated. But he also has said that he would keep an open mind on the issue, saying it is an "evolving one."

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #28 on: January 04, 2014, 11:51:53 PM »
Legalizing medical marijuana can lead to legalizing it entirely. Good stuff.
"Wrong!"

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #29 on: January 05, 2014, 12:47:05 AM »
I broke my my cheech double honeycomb a couple months back on accident, so i'm relegated to my foot long hollow blue pipe and joints. I ordered a magic flight the other day, to treat my self, but it wont be here for a week or so.

I have a magic flight. For tailgating games or concerts the thing freaking kicks derriere, just make sure your batteries have enough juice.  AC trips they come in handy too, I don't enjoy being the one to stink up a room if no one else is partaking. Nothing like a nice session before sitting down to play some hold em though.

Tags: