Author Topic: Tim Foyle Hat  (Read 2356 times)

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
Re: The Tim Boyle Era
« Reply #60 on: November 20, 2023, 08:23:30 PM »
i wish we still had mike whike

i would take josh johnson at this point

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #61 on: November 20, 2023, 08:33:56 PM »
I feel like Mike White is remembered a bit too fondly. He had one really good game and then became a pumpkin again.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #62 on: November 20, 2023, 08:43:29 PM »
I feel like Mike White is remembered a bit too fondly. He had one really good game and then became a pumpkin again.
He has more 300-yard games than Zach. His 2 highest-yardage games are more than Zach's. He's had 2 games where he's thrown for 3 touchdowns. Zach has never done that. His Bears game was the best-played QB game by a Jets QB in years, and his Bengals game was one of the most productive games in Jets history, even if his performance wasn't amazing.

The bar has been so low for so long that it doesn't take much to look good here. The Seahawks game was as bad as any bad Zach game, but he had an injury excuse. Before that, he was clearly an upgrade on Zach. That doesn't make him good. But that's the insurance you wish you had now.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #63 on: November 20, 2023, 09:20:04 PM »
He has more 300-yard games than Zach. His 2 highest-yardage games are more than Zach's. He's had 2 games where he's thrown for 3 touchdowns. Zach has never done that. His Bears game was the best-played QB game by a Jets QB in years, and his Bengals game was one of the most productive games in Jets history, even if his performance wasn't amazing.

The bar has been so low for so long that it doesn't take much to look good here. The Seahawks game was as bad as any bad Zach game, but he had an injury excuse. Before that, he was clearly an upgrade on Zach. That doesn't make him good. But that's the insurance you wish you had now.
I mean

Every scrub from Josh Johnson to Flacco to just about anyone throws more TDs per game than Zach

That's the most damning thing .

Same roster and coaching so 0 excuses

The team is fried . Even if we somehow turn it around on a short week and beat the phins we'd go lost to the commanders or some dumb excrement. 

Usually we know the roster is bad so it stings less. But we're pissing away a SB caliber defense and even a mediocre offense would turn this season around lol .

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #64 on: November 20, 2023, 09:22:53 PM »

This team's on pace to set several franchise records related to offensive futility.

Mike White isn't a franchise QB, but at least he showed flashes of excitement, and gave you at least a reason to want to watch the offense play football

Plus getting the ball out quick was one of his best skills, and with our OL that's a huge boon.

Is there anyone who would rather have Zach as QB 2 at this point?

It's gotta be hard it imagine the dude even being on the freaking roster next year

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #65 on: November 20, 2023, 09:26:03 PM »
*one really good game, one moral victory, and another loss where he got injured - two seasons in a row

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #66 on: November 20, 2023, 09:44:30 PM »
*one really good game, one moral victory, and another loss where he got injured - two seasons in a row
Zach gave us like 3 above avg games in 30

So the fact of the matter is we haven't had a competent qb in this building since Fitzpatrick and he's just a poor man's Favre

Sanchez was a game manager

Our entire qb history is suicide worthy .

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2023, 07:46:18 AM »
Zach gave us like 3 above avg games in 30

I got two the Chiefs and Bills last year- which am I missing ?
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Klecko
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #68 on: November 21, 2023, 08:20:33 AM »
I got two the Chiefs and Bills last year- which am I missing ?

Dolphins tailgate game last year he played well, no passing TDs because we had 5 rushing TDs that game. 1 ZW rushing TD
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #69 on: November 21, 2023, 08:22:25 AM »
Dolphins tailgate game last year he played well, no passing TDs because we had 5 rushing TDs that game. 1 ZW rushing TD

Ahh thank you
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #70 on: November 21, 2023, 08:26:36 AM »

That's the game where Hall was tackled at like the two yard line on the long wheel pass and I think Berrios was also tackled at the 1 yard line.

Wilson stinks but he had some of the worst luck ever with TD passes.

---

Now I'm wondering what could've been if Berrios caught that TD from Mike White against Minnesota. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #71 on: November 21, 2023, 08:28:36 AM »
If Boyle can just get the ball out quick, maybe we can move down field and kick a bunch of FGs. If the offense comes off the field on scoring drives, the defense can keep us in games.

I know it's a sad silly hope at this point, but if we can stay close to the wild card, Rodgers could still save this season.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

MBGreen

• Continental Breakfast
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Tim Foyle Hat
« Reply #72 on: November 21, 2023, 08:35:14 AM »
thread title change.....activated
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #73 on: November 21, 2023, 08:35:58 AM »
If Boyle can just get the ball out quick, maybe we can move down field and kick a bunch of FGs. If the offense comes off the field on scoring drives, the defense can keep us in games.

I know it's a sad silly hope at this point, but if we can stay close to the wild card, Rodgers could still save this season.
I'll gladly join you in this delusion.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #74 on: November 21, 2023, 08:43:45 AM »
The "getting the ball out quick" stuff has to stop.  This dude is a turnover machine - always has been, always will be.

Mike White also threw a lot of interceptions by getting rid of the ball quickly.  You can get baited into dumb throws if you are just chucking it so you don't get hit.

The season is over.  Boyle is a shitty player and he really has no business being in the NFL.  Cobb and Lazard get excrement for being Rodgers signings.  Boyle is too. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tags: