Author Topic: Middle-late round steals  (Read 4508 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Middle-late round steals
« Reply #15 on: April 30, 2014, 01:53:15 PM »
De'Anthony Thomas
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #16 on: April 30, 2014, 01:58:25 PM »
De'Anthony Thomas

Everyone makes it sound like he will explode into pieces the first time he's hit in the NFL.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #17 on: April 30, 2014, 02:05:55 PM »
Everyone makes it sound like he will explode into pieces the first time he's hit in the NFL.

His size is why he'll around in the middle rounds.  I still think he has the potential be a top level return man and slot receiver/third down back. 

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #18 on: April 30, 2014, 02:33:03 PM »
His size is why he'll around in the middle rounds.  I still think he has the potential be a top level return man and slot receiver/third down back.

Also I dont think his 40 time helped him. I still believe though that he is one of the fastest players on the actual football field. His playing speed is still incredible and he maintains that speed through his cuts. Just like Sammy Watkins plays faster than a 4.4

As a KR, PR, Slot WR, in space back getting 10 touches a game, he is going to make a football team very happy.

Sir

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #19 on: April 30, 2014, 03:19:51 PM »
I've been on record (waaaaay early on too, just to toot my own horn a bit) saying how much I like Pierre Desir.  But beyond that I really like the depth at corner this year.  Nevin Lawson, Kendall James, Walt Aikens, Rashaad Reynolds and Terrance Mitchell are all guys I really like.

On a semi-related note, why can't Verrett be just a smidge taller......I love his game. He's 2 inches taller and he's the top CB drafted.

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2014, 04:08:22 PM »
I've been on record (waaaaay early on too, just to toot my own horn a bit) saying how much I like Pierre Desir.  But beyond that I really like the depth at corner this year.  Nevin Lawson, Kendall James, Walt Aikens, Rashaad Reynolds and Terrance Mitchell are all guys I really like.

On a semi-related note, why can't Verrett be just a smidge taller......I love his game. He's 2 inches taller and he's the top CB drafted.

Anyone like the comparison of Ladarius Webb for Verrett? Both great cover corners and about 5'10 185.

hawk

• Blubbering Pussy
  • Chad Pennington
« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2014, 06:15:40 PM »
Also I dont think his 40 time helped him. I still believe though that he is one of the fastest players on the actual football field. His playing speed is still incredible and he maintains that speed through his cuts. Just like Sammy Watkins plays faster than a 4.4

As a KR, PR, Slot WR, in space back getting 10 touches a game, he is going to make a football team very happy.

40 times are so over rated.  I understand the purpose of a 40, but it really means nothing in the grand scheme of things.  You pretty much identified why I think it is so overrated. 

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2014, 07:53:56 AM »
I didn't realize how tall Jeff Janis was. That makes him a lot more interesting as a mid-late pick, at the very least he should be a good STer.

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2014, 08:43:57 AM »
I didn't realize how tall Jeff Janis was. That makes him a lot more interesting as a mid-late pick, at the very least he should be a good STer.

Yeah, his size/speed/strength combination is pretty nasty. He's a true body-catcher, though, he plays really small considering his potential - if he can be taught how to catch away from his body and attack the ball he becomes a much more legitimate weapon.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2014, 08:50:15 AM »
Yeah, his size/speed/strength combination is pretty nasty. He's a true body-catcher, though, he plays really small considering his potential - if he can be taught how to catch away from his body and attack the ball he becomes a much more legitimate weapon.

I don't think I'd want him before the 5th round.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2014, 09:02:15 AM »
Broncos should draft Janis and let Manning turn him into a white god

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #26 on: May 02, 2014, 07:48:37 AM »
I wouldn't mind using a later round pick on a RB: Tre Mason/Storm Johnson/Andre Williams if any are available
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #27 on: May 02, 2014, 07:51:34 AM »
or DeAnthony Thomas/ Dri Archer
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Laxin