Author Topic: Corey Davis unretires  (Read 1695 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: Corey Davis unretires
« Reply #30 on: March 15, 2024, 12:18:44 PM »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2024, 12:32:01 PM »
We should try to do better.

why not both? 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2024, 12:58:00 PM »
I don't like Corey Davis very much and am on record multiple times as saying so, but he might actually be quite a good player to go up and fetch some of Rodgers' big passes. Assuming of course that we can keep Rodgers on the field, and that the line can give him long enough to actually heave the odd one. Maybe Corey spent the last year getting intimate with a JUGS machine.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

MexJetinBcn

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #33 on: March 15, 2024, 01:11:36 PM »
I'm fine with Davis, but we'd need someone else too.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #34 on: March 15, 2024, 02:41:47 PM »
Corey Davis is a JAG
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #35 on: March 15, 2024, 02:45:57 PM »
I'm not opposed to bringing back Davis if the room looks a certain way. In fact, if they end up trading Lazard (or cutting him), Davis fits in well as a WR3/4 with experience.

However, Davis wasn't that productive as a Jet, and then he left the team during camp last season. Can we trust him to be productive? Can we trust him to make it to Week 1?

The good news is that his contract would likely be cheap for those reasons.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2024, 03:10:25 PM »
and then he left the team during camp last season

We don't know why he left and I'm not going to use that against him. 

It sounded like he was dealing with some personal stuff off the field.  Hopefully he's figured that out. 

https://x.com/LegendDurham/status/1768390773748248758?s=20

This turd will go cry for RJ Barrett but talk excrement about Davis.  Poverty fanbase to go along with the poverty franchise.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2024, 03:43:42 PM »
We don't know why he left and I'm not going to use that against him. 

It sounded like he was dealing with some personal stuff off the field.  Hopefully he's figured that out. 

https://x.com/LegendDurham/status/1768390773748248758?s=20

This turd will go cry for RJ Barrett but talk excrement about Davis.  Poverty fanbase to go along with the poverty franchise.
Based on what Saleh said after it happened, it sounded like it was personal and something they understood. I hope that whatever happened with him is better now. He's obviously been through a lot with his brother.

Unfortunately, if you're the team signing him, you have to make an educated guess on whether you think he's good to go. However, he'll be cheap enough and probably signed for a small enough role where it likely doesn't matter.

I think he's a perfect option as a Lazard replacement (as WR4, not WR2) if Lazard goes. I'll still believe it when I see it with Lazard. I think the staff is done with him, but Rodgers might not be, and his contract is awful.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2024, 10:42:14 PM »

Based on what Saleh said after it happened, it sounded like it was personal and something they understood. I hope that whatever happened with him is better now. He's obviously been through a lot with his brother.

When I met Antwan Staley last year he implied Davis had a very good reason to take time away from the game.

Tags: