Collegiate Football > The NFL Draft

Assorted 2024 Mock Drafts

<< < (32/39) > >>

Johnny English:
I'm not willing to listen to anyone who doesn't think it's a good idea to draft a player called Thrash.

I will not be taking questions.

Derek Smalls:

--- Quote from: Heismanberg on March 27, 2024, 12:26:13 PM ---You're getting two starters (Bowers and Kinchens) and maybe one mid-round contributor (Thrash).  It's not a great draft for a win-now team.

Greenfield probably sits an an inactive backup.  McLachlan is TE5 behind Bowers/Conklin/Ruckert/Yeboah.  Joe Milton would be an inactive QB3, maybe.  Latham probably doesn't make the team. 

That's a bad draft.  Not much thought put into the later picks.

--- End quote ---
How many immediate starters are you expecting to draft without a 2nd-round pick? And on this roster, which doesn't have many glaring needs on paper?

Half of this board wants Fashanu at 10. I'm not opposed to that at all. But if you do that, then you're basically spending the #10 pick on a guy you're hoping doesn't have to play in Year 1, or you're benching Morgan Moses after trading a pick for him. By your logic, that would be a terrible pick for a win-now team.

To me, you need 2 things out of this draft
- A #2 pass catcher behind Garrett Wilson (or a #3 pass catcher behind Wilson and Williams if Williams is good to go). If it's Bowers, then I also want another WR later in the draft.
- An offensive tackle that we can groom to start in 2025 and provide depth in 2024.

Heismanberg:

--- Quote from: Derek Smalls on March 27, 2024, 06:22:03 PM ---How many immediate starters are you expecting to draft without a 2nd-round pick? And on this roster, which doesn't have many glaring needs on paper?

--- End quote ---

We should be able to get two starters and some solid contributors, especially now that kickoffs are basically coming back. 

Badger:

--- Quote from: Heismanberg on March 27, 2024, 07:37:38 AM ---Not enough tight ends

--- End quote ---
We're actually converting Milton to tight end in that scenario.

Badger:
MJD gives us Brock (over Odunze and Fashanu)

https://www.nfl.com/news/maurice-jones-drew-2024-nfl-mock-draft-1-0-five-qbs-in-top-six-bills-nab-wr-after-stefon-diggs-trade

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version