Author Topic: Aaron Rodgers, take 2  (Read 70871 times)

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
Re: Aaron Rodgers, take 2
« Reply #1770 on: April 19, 2023, 03:08:16 PM »
this one is pretty low brow.  The Packers should probably up their smokescreen game if they're actually responsible for this (which i don't think they are).
Well the source isn't credible it's an anyanamous GM opinion being cited lol m

If it's not GB it's just conjecture for clicks lol

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1771 on: April 19, 2023, 03:39:51 PM »
this one is pretty low brow.  The Packers should probably up their smokescreen game if they're actually responsible for this (which i don't think they are).

How is this different than the SF rumors that Carton floated around a couple weeks ago? How is it different than the Packers putting out there the first week that it would be 2 first rounders, and then it would be a one and a two, then two twos and then a two and unprotected one, and somewhere in the middle it was a 3 and an unprotected 1 before the 90% retired comment.

We know that none of that smoke is coming from us, because we’d be talking waaaayyyyy lower values. So yes I think the Pack has been playing media games behind the scenes this entire time. Why stop now?
Need a new one for a new board...

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1772 on: April 19, 2023, 04:04:14 PM »

an anyanamous GM opinion

A freaking what
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1773 on: April 19, 2023, 04:57:40 PM »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1774 on: April 19, 2023, 06:13:55 PM »

A freaking what
Rofl looks like it saved a drunken typo in my phone and I just hit enter

I was on break and posted that rofl

Not shocked anymore . God forbid I delete them

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1775 on: April 19, 2023, 07:09:19 PM »
Me: After weeks of no deal I wonder what happens if this falls through.

The field: This source is bad!!!!!
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1776 on: April 19, 2023, 09:56:08 PM »
Me: After weeks of no deal I wonder what happens if this falls through.

The field: This source is bad!!!!!
If the deal falls through they probably offer to take on tannehill or draft hooker in rd 2 if he's there. 

But at this ppint JD should commit seppuku if it falls through unless we hear they wanted something mind blowing like multiple 1sts ans players

Basically the Packers fans dumb ideas .
« Last Edit: April 19, 2023, 10:17:04 PM by Coach K »

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1777 on: April 19, 2023, 10:27:37 PM »
The only way this deals falls through is if the Jets walk away. On 8/31 the Packers have to trade Rodgers. Or else they owe him 60 million, more than any one players cap hit in history for 1 year and then another 43 million in February. They can’t expect to put any team around Love Witherspoon their backup QB costing more than any player ever has.

If there was ever going to be another team, they’d already be in. Rodgers is also a stubborn guy, he’s not about to change his mind and suddenly go back on his “I plan to play for the Jets” statement.

We are all bored, all tired and all going at least a little crazy waiting for it to become a reality. But it will happen. I just hope it ends up happening May 1st so we keep our picks.
Need a new one for a new board...

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1778 on: April 20, 2023, 01:56:40 AM »
If the deal falls through the Jets presumably roll with Zach and find a consolation prize.

If Rodgers stays in Green Bay the Jets likely go after Love

If Rodgers goes to the Titans the Jets likely go after Tannehill

Of Rodgers goes to the 49ers I imagine the Jets go after Lance/Purdy.

The most feasible Rodgers destinations all have QB's they'll need to get rid of with connections to jets coaching staff.

Of course the most important thing to remember is Rodgers freaking hates the Packers leadership and has publicly stated his intention to play for the Jets. Which means any scenario where Rodgers plays for any team but the Jets, means that the Packers win and Rodgers lost.

So I'd say the odds are overwhelmingly ridiculous that Rodgers plays for the Jets next year.

If Rodgers comes out and says something bad (or good?) about transgender people maybe some bizarre riot picket mob bullshit happens and be becomes untradeable.

But right now I think even imagine any scenario but Rodgers to the Jets is ridiculous

I think the worst Rodgers scenario on the table is we overpay or he decides to retire

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1779 on: April 20, 2023, 08:21:19 AM »
If the deal falls through the Jets presumably roll with Zach and find a consolation prize.

The most feasible Rodgers destinations all have QB's they'll need to get rid of with connections to jets coaching staff.

Of course the most important thing to remember is Rodgers freaking hates the Packers leadership and has publicly stated his intention to play for the Jets. Which means any scenario where Rodgers plays for any team but the Jets, means that the Packers win and Rodgers lost.

So I'd say the odds are overwhelmingly ridiculous that Rodgers plays for the Jets next year.

If Rodgers comes out and says something bad (or good?) about transgender people maybe some bizarre riot picket mob bullshit happens and be becomes untradeable.

But right now I think even imagine any scenario but Rodgers to the Jets is ridiculous

I think the worst Rodgers scenario on the table is we overpay or he decides to retire

what the freak is this?
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #1780 on: April 20, 2023, 11:44:02 AM »
what the freak is this?

He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1781 on: April 20, 2023, 11:51:54 AM »

u krazy, blu...watchu doin!
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1782 on: April 20, 2023, 12:52:05 PM »
The most annoying part of this whole saga for me has been having to listen to all the theories about how this will blow up in our faces when, in reality, nothing has changed since Rodgers announced his intentions to play for us and the only thing that's been holding this up is the lack of a real deadline.

People need something to talk about so it's either endless debates over "who has the leverage" or "how Rodgers can end up with a different team".

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #1783 on: April 20, 2023, 01:39:11 PM »
The most annoying part of this whole saga for me has been having to listen to all the theories about how this will blow up in our faces when, in reality, nothing has changed since Rodgers announced his intentions to play for us and the only thing that's been holding this up is the lack of a real deadline.

People need something to talk about so it's either endless debates over "who has the leverage" or "how Rodgers can end up with a different team".

my twitter timeline is poisoned with dumbass Packer fans with some of the worst takes on football (not just Rodgers) i've ever seen....all because of this neverending Rodgers saga.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #1784 on: April 20, 2023, 03:52:44 PM »
A-A-Ron putting in that work.

https://twitter.com/MySportsUpdate/status/1649086195211681797

The only people who think this deal isn't done are the fans.  The writers just know a free meal when they see one.

Tags: