Author Topic: 2024 Republican Presidential Primary  (Read 10385 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: 2024 Republican Presidential Primary
« Reply #76 on: June 21, 2023, 11:58:03 PM »
Interesting strategy to attack someone and say you endorsed them in the same video

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #77 on: June 22, 2023, 08:02:23 AM »
I'm assuming that has something to do with this those guys have said?

Wasn't exaggerating when I say I literally have never heard of either of them in my life
The first part was, the second one was a joke.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #78 on: June 22, 2023, 08:05:10 AM »
Which one of them wouldn't?
Well I was a little bit surprised since he's supposed to be less ghoulish than most of the field plus it's political suicide, or should be at least.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #79 on: June 22, 2023, 08:55:18 AM »
Well I was a little bit surprised since he's supposed to be less ghoulish than most of the field plus it's political suicide, or should be at least.

I have no expectation for him to retain any bit of humanity he may still be holding.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #80 on: June 22, 2023, 09:35:08 AM »
I have no expectation for him to retain any bit of humanity he may still be holding.
There's just a certain combination of factors here: they need either be shitty enough to want to cut it or dumb enough to think cutting it is the only solution, and unwise enough to say either out loud.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #81 on: June 22, 2023, 11:26:15 AM »

I was curious enough to Google it

And while he's had varying stances on social security over the years, I don't think his actual recent quote was suicidal.

From what I saw it was essentially a discussion about means testing, or raising the retirement age for people currently in their 20s and 30s

He's not a serious presidential candidate anyway, but I assume he's posturing for a cabinet seat somewhere regardless

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #82 on: June 22, 2023, 12:00:32 PM »

I was curious enough to Google it

And while he's had varying stances on social security over the years, I don't think his actual recent quote was suicidal.

From what I saw it was essentially a discussion about means testing, or raising the retirement age for people currently in their 20s and 30s

Those are... cuts.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #83 on: June 22, 2023, 01:33:20 PM »
Connecting

The

Dots

Chubsy-ubsy: DQ’d
“Bridgegate”

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #84 on: June 22, 2023, 03:26:05 PM »

Those are... cuts.

For people in their 20s it's a cut that'll happen in 40 years

Not exactly political suicide

Means testing a little more complicated, but I can't see that as something that would have a profound impact meaning it's probably a dumb idea

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #85 on: June 22, 2023, 08:51:16 PM »
For people in their 20s it's a cut that'll happen in 40 years

Not exactly political suicide

Means testing a little more complicated, but I can't see that as something that would have a profound impact meaning it's probably a dumb idea
To be clear, neither raising the age nor means testing would solve the impending shortfall of the 2030s. They either need to raise taxes to fill the deficit OR make it legal for social security to spend without the constraint of the "trust fund."

If raising the age doesn't pee people off it's because they're hopelessly cucked.

And means testing:
-will create a very resentful class of people who pay into the program without receiving the benefit, eroding its popularity
-greatly increases the administrative costs of determining who is and isn't eligible
-will result in many more cases of people who may be eligible for it but fail to navigate the increased complexity of applying

...all for an extremely questionable boost to the program's solvency. Kick too many people off and it becomes another dirty word "welfare" program that more people want to get rid of, kick too few off and the effect isn't great enough to fix the issue. Lose/lose.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2023, 08:55:56 PM by Badger »

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

Tags: