Author Topic: New York Jets Miscellanea  (Read 797663 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: New York Jets Miscellanea
« Reply #7907 on: May 25, 2023, 05:38:06 PM »
Hopefully the driver is ok. Why do people do stupid things and put others lives at risk?

Setting that aside if the other driver is “only” getting $55,000 in restitution I imagine it’s not life-changing serious, and that’s the best part of this story.
Need a new one for a new board...

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #7908 on: May 25, 2023, 07:04:04 PM »
Hopefully the driver is ok. Why do people do stupid things and put others lives at risk?

I don't think "young guy in high powered car runs out of talent" is a particularly unusual story. I don't know about you but when I was 24 I drove like a hooligan, and although I had sporty cars at that age they certainly weren't Redeyes. I'm lucky I never hurt anyone but I certainly smashed a couple of cars up.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #7909 on: May 26, 2023, 04:57:22 AM »
I don't think "young guy in high powered car runs out of talent" is a particularly unusual story. I don't know about you but when I was 24 I drove like a hooligan, and although I had sporty cars at that age they certainly weren't Redeyes. I'm lucky I never hurt anyone but I certainly smashed a couple of cars up.

I did many dumb things “as a kid” but not on the road. To me it was never worth the risk. Just glad that all it resulted in, is a pair of fucked up cars, a few thousand dollars in damages and a 1 game suspension.

Hopefully Echols learned and doesn’t ever do something so dumb again
Need a new one for a new board...

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #7910 on: May 26, 2023, 10:10:14 AM »
Going 84 and a 50 isn't smart but it's not asinine Henry ruggs stupid.  He broke the law and excrement happened but not sure this has anything to do with poor judgement or character

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #7911 on: May 26, 2023, 10:53:33 AM »
I did many dumb things “as a kid” but not on the road. To me it was never worth the risk. Just glad that all it resulted in, is a pair of fucked up cars, a few thousand dollars in damages and a 1 game suspension.

Hopefully Echols learned and doesn’t ever do something so dumb again

I wrote a post yesterday then deleted it.

That's not "all" it resulted in. The dude was paralyzed. He testified that he's relearned to walk, though not at pre-accident levels. That's a lot more than just a couple of fucked up cars. He took the paltry 55k likely because, if you've ever dealt with the legal system, your lawyer will almost always tell you to take a settlement rather than risk a jury giving you nothing.

I've got some pretty strong feelings on this subject, but I'll just leave it at the above.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #7912 on: May 26, 2023, 10:55:31 AM »
Tell me y'all didn't read the article Heis posted without telling me y'all didn't read the article Heis posted.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #7913 on: May 26, 2023, 01:29:27 PM »

Going 84 and a 50 isn't smart

I've done worse. Just never hit anyone like that.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #7914 on: May 26, 2023, 09:04:45 PM »

I've done worse. Just never hit anyone like that.

Same for most of us. There but for the grace of god and all that. I'm not about to get all high and mighty about Echols being one of the unlucky ones.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #7916 on: June 01, 2023, 06:02:41 AM »
Joe Namath turned 80 yesterday.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #7917 on: June 01, 2023, 09:21:13 AM »
Joe Namath turned 80 yesterday.
Connie Carberg's bday was yesterday too..I hope they made sweet birthday love in a nearby bathroom stall.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.