Author Topic: New York Jets Miscellanea  (Read 774809 times)

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
Re: New York Jets Miscellanea
« Reply #6090 on: June 27, 2020, 10:39:47 PM »
This team sucks.

lol

this team does suck. why are we fans

at least some of you get to taste success with the yankees. my dad should have rocked me when he found out i was a jets/knick/mets fan

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #6091 on: June 27, 2020, 11:04:28 PM »
lol

this team does suck. why are we fans

at least some of you get to taste success with the yankees. my dad should have rocked me when he found out i was a jets/knick/mets fan

I rue the day my dad took me to see Giants/Eagles on the same day as game 5 of the 96 ALCS.

On top of being pissed off as a kid for missing such a pivotal Yankee game (baseball was my first love, wasn't alive for any sort of previous Yankee run), the game was death in terms of introducing a kid to football. On par with the immortal Jets/Cardinals debacle featuring McElroy/Sanchez and Ryan Lindley in terms of setting offensive football back. Dave Brown makes Josh Allan look like fuckin Drew Brees.

I had absolutely zero shot of ever becoming a Giants fan after that day. And so I'm stuck with a franchise that pays my adoration back with perpetual buggery, and I'm the catcher.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #6094 on: July 02, 2020, 06:41:13 AM »
Good

Bring him in to mentor Denzel Mims
Mims already has Tough Shop Loggains mentoring him
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #6095 on: July 02, 2020, 07:56:36 AM »
Mims already has Tough Shop Loggains mentoring him

Tough Shop will teach him how to drown in hoo-ha

He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #6096 on: July 02, 2020, 09:19:40 AM »
Granted this was 2 months ago but Thomas sounds like he's still got Bronco blood in him, fwiw

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/demaryius-thomas-says-he-would-love-to-be-a-bronco-in-2020-now-that-hes-healthy/

"I would love to be a Denver Bronco," Thomas said on 104.3 The Fan on Wednesday, via Nicki Jhabvala of The Athletic. "That's where I got drafted, that's where I played well. ... A lot of friends that consider me family are out there. I love Denver. But it had to go down the way it did. It is what it is. I'll retire there one day."

"It would be amazing," Thomas said of re-signing with Denver. "Like I said, I was talking to Courtland about it the other day, and I was telling him, I'm not coming to try to be no No. 1 or whatever. I ain't trying to be that. I'm just trying to be a part of something I can help win. I ain't trying to be no big shot. I want to be a part of something that I can help win because I know I can still play ball. I still got good ball in me.

"It would be great. I would finish there if I came back. I wouldn't go nowhere else."

« Last Edit: July 02, 2020, 09:26:04 AM by delavan »

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #6097 on: July 02, 2020, 09:48:51 AM »
Granted this was 2 months ago but Thomas sounds like he's still got Bronco blood in him, fwiw

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/demaryius-thomas-says-he-would-love-to-be-a-bronco-in-2020-now-that-hes-healthy/

He can want them, but they don’t want him. Having just drafted Jeudy and Hamler with Sutton in the gold, there’s no spot on the roster for a vet that won’t play Teams at a high level.

Frankly if we want him back / he is willing to play for vet minimum, he will be a Jet IMO. But if we only want him back at the min or on a non-guaranteed deal worth a Good bit above the minimum, then He may well not play for us again

Need a new one for a new board...

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #6100 on: July 07, 2020, 05:56:16 PM »
https://jetswire.usatoday.com/2020/07/07/ladainian-tomlinson-signing-new-york-jets-best-career-decision-san-diego-chargers/amp/

As good as the guy's 'RB' package still was when he joined the NYJ,  LT's 'pass-in-the-flat' impacts offered Sanchez a nice 3rd down  'out'

c2020 captain - obvious
« Last Edit: July 07, 2020, 05:59:21 PM by delavan »

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #6101 on: July 07, 2020, 10:57:01 PM »
Probably my favourite player ever.

Same

insanity

• Shaun Ellis

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #6103 on: July 20, 2020, 08:25:42 AM »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #6104 on: July 20, 2020, 08:57:48 AM »
I'll be happy to see football if it happens, but after all the changes we've seen over the past few months, I can't say cancelling the season will phase me a lot.  Everything sucks so much it's like being punched when someone already beat the excrement out of you.  NFL will probably have a gay interactive "cheer" button fans can push online that will pump in fake fan noise on tv.  It's gonna be weird anyway with likely little to no fans.  Might as well go full retard.  Make them dance for judges as the extra point.  Come to think of it, imagine Bardy having to dance after a TD to tie the game with no time on the clock.  Potential.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2020, 09:00:00 AM by bojanglesman »