Author Topic: New York Jets Miscellanea  (Read 798246 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: New York Jets Miscellanea
« Reply #60 on: October 18, 2013, 10:06:53 AM »
because the internet is serious business. If you can't take someone breaking your balls over a football website, what do you do when people give you excrement to your face?
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #61 on: October 18, 2013, 10:24:55 AM »
I think the issue is less whether any newcomer to the site is capable of taking excrement, and more whether they can be bothered to. Why would you stick around a site if the first time you post anything you get a bunch of grief from the gobshites on there competing to demonstrate how much more they know than you do? (I'm obviously speaking hypothetically here, and not for a moment suggesting that anyone here would actually do that.)
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #62 on: October 18, 2013, 10:25:47 AM »
I think the issue is less whether any newcomer to the site is capable of taking excrement, and more whether they can be bothered to. Why would you stick around a site if the first time you post anything you get a bunch of grief from the gobshites on there competing to demonstrate how much more they know than you do? (I'm obviously speaking hypothetically here, and not for a moment suggesting that anyone here would actually do that.)
No newcomer is getting excrement without reason.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #63 on: October 18, 2013, 10:27:30 AM »
I dunno. I distinctly remember MB talking down to a newcomer on YDKF because he only had a few posts and didn't deserve to have his opinion taken seriously.
"Wrong!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #64 on: October 18, 2013, 10:29:18 AM »
I dunno. I distinctly remember MB talking down to a newcomer on YDKF because he only had a few posts and didn't deserve to have his opinion taken seriously.
Like I'm going to listen to some bundle of sticks who doesn't even have 400 posts. Get on my level.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #65 on: October 18, 2013, 10:46:04 AM »
Here's the usual chain lately:

Player complains about or ignores media requirements > Beat writers "call out" players on it > Jets fans unanimously inform them they don't give a excrement > Beat writers blubber "but those are the rules!"

Hahaha, yup! It's so sickening.
-------------

On the newcomer conversation, I'm of two minds.

On one hand, there are some real clowns that show up on the boards who start spewing nonsense. One example is that guy on the last board who was an adoring Tebow fan (and maybe a Saints fan too?). His first post was reasonable and I thought "Okay, this guy can certainly be one of those rare "Not a Jets fan but productive member of the board types." By the following week I couldn't stand the guy anymore.

On the other hand, we all say things that turn out to be wrong, or misinformed, or that are flat out stupid at times. Some people take a while before they make a big foot-in-mouth post, others do it early on. Either way, we all do it sometimes. If you tear a poster down just because his first post or two sounds like garbage to you, you've likely chased that poster away. You never know if he could be productive if given the chance.

Just taking myself as an example, I've learned more from reading these past three Jets-related message boards (TGG, YDKF, and now JO) than I've learned pretty much anywhere else. And that's on multiple topics, not just football or even just sports. And a large part of that was being willing to listen to opposing arguments and accept when evidence presented rationally showed me I should change my opinion.

Clowning around with friends is completely different from clowning a dude you don't know. The cesspool (or whatever it is called at this point) is fine for people who've been around for a while, but if you want to attract more users you're going to have to give new users a chance to speak and also give them a chance to listen. Before you tear them a new anus.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #66 on: October 18, 2013, 12:42:38 PM »
Like I'm going to listen to some bundle of sticks who doesn't even have 400 posts. Get on my level.

Can't say bundle of sticks.  Gay or retard is acceptable.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #67 on: October 18, 2013, 01:12:23 PM »

I don't recall that one.  I don't think people here are going to be assholes for no reason.  On TGG it started to get that way because there were just so many idiots.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #68 on: October 18, 2013, 01:42:23 PM »
Most of us in here have a similar mindset regarding most topics (not all).  That's why we hang out in here.  If "trade everyone, fire everyone, hurr durr" guy comes in here, he isn't likely to fit in very well.  Nor would most of us want him to if that is all that will be spewed forth from his keyboard.  It gets annoying after a while.  Usually when someone is being unreasonably vicious toward someone, the other people in here will let them know. 

Just like in life, there are certain types of people you don't like and therefore don't choose to spend time with.  We are just a group instead of one person.

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
« Reply #69 on: October 18, 2013, 02:52:39 PM »
I'm not against newcomers, I just don't want to deal with throngs of idiots overreacting to everything that happens and clogging up the board with that nonsense. That and the people who troll everyone with their agenda about hating this guy or that guy when he's still on the team, or people like champ with their gloom and doom just for the sake of being a jackass.

I just like a handful of Jet fans to talk about what's going on, I don't care how many of how new.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #70 on: October 19, 2013, 10:08:14 AM »

I was a little over the top with that one.  I didn't handle that correctly, and that poster deserved an apology.

Live and learn....

« Last Edit: October 19, 2013, 10:15:15 AM by MBGreen »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MoreCharacters

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #71 on: October 19, 2013, 04:37:12 PM »
I'm intimidated by your meanness.  You are not letting me flourish.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #72 on: October 19, 2013, 06:30:02 PM »
I'm intimidated by your meanness.  You are not letting me flourish.

GFY.

I mean........have a cookie.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2013, 12:12:18 AM »
I just read from an unreliable unsourceable source that jets are one of the 3 teams that made an offer on josh Gordon. anyone hear anything?
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2013, 05:01:48 AM »
I just read from an unreliable unsourceable source that jets are one of the 3 teams that made an offer on josh Gordon. anyone hear anything?

Nope but after this last weeks poor performance I hope he is much cheaper than before...
Need a new one for a new board...