Author Topic: New York Jets Miscellanea  (Read 797539 times)

Italian Seafood

• Al Toon
Re: New York Jets Miscellanea
« Reply #5550 on: December 13, 2019, 03:32:50 PM »
It's not going to happen, dcm is just obsessed with the idea of trading Adams.

It's one of the reasons I disappear when the season ends. That excrement gets real tiring once there's no games to discuss around all the speculation on contracts, trades and bitching. Not just dcm, it's the nature of the off season.
So it turns out, Italian Seafood was right an everyone can go freak themselves.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #5551 on: December 13, 2019, 03:32:57 PM »
You have immediately disqualified this team with your first sentence.

I'll go one step further and say it will matter if we don't bring in ODB:

1) Darnold gets a reprieve for a year of the back to back bullshit wr pulled with Sanchez. Things like this absolutely matter to a locker room and you know it. You are better than this opinion.

2)I don't have to hear about the extra bullshit drama for the season.

I don't care about what city OBeckham is in. It's not like he was an upstanding citizen while he was with the Giants, hence his reason for being shipped out of city in the first place.

I love his talent but I do not want him on this team because I remember what happened the last few times we played this card; it ultimately led to some bullshit.

For all of the the times we have been shitting on Gase not being able to utilize the talent on the team properly, I'm honestly shocked anyone campaigning against Gase wouldn't see the warning signs here. Bring Beckham into this offense and we will see him being under utilized to the point of being disillusioned with the team.

We are not one Odell Beckham Jr. Away from a title, far from it. Get the solid foundations for a team in place and then we can take a shot at a talented but troubled player to fill out the roster. Until then, the possible gains are not worth the risks.

I guess I just don't think he's that much of a problem. He's a gobshite and a diva, but he's not a problem off the field. He doesn't get arrested and he doesn't goof off, his biggest problem is that he lets his mouth run off and I think you can work around that if you can't stop it.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5552 on: December 13, 2019, 03:33:30 PM »
Ultimatetly, it boils down to this question: will this team improve considerably just by adding Odell Beckham Jr.?

As the team stands now, it is a pretty obvious no.

I'd like to think the overall roster will improve outside of adding Beckham but the last five years of the team tell me otherwise and Douglas has not yet proven he can improve the team. He hasn't had much opportunity to do so, but I'm not going to put blond faith in the new guy simply because he isn't the last guy.

If this roster can improve at the key positions that need it (OLine, CB, EDGE) then I think the team can afford to take a flier on a potential locker room hazard. Until then, I am skeptical that such move can pan out.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5553 on: December 13, 2019, 03:38:12 PM »
I guess I just don't think he's that much of a problem. He's a gobshite and a diva, but he's not a problem off the field. He doesn't get arrested and he doesn't goof off, his biggest problem is that he lets his mouth run off and I think you can work around that if you can't stop it.

If he's available that means he would have been kicked off of two teams in two seasons. Combine that with the amount of bullshit that went on while he was on the Giants and I think we have a solid case for him being a complete POS.

Don't get me wrong, I love his game and I would be super stoked if he could come to the Jets and be a game breaker for Darnold. If that happened I would be the first to say that I was sorry for being so wrong. However, I do not see the evidence for that being the case.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5554 on: December 13, 2019, 03:43:49 PM »
Ultimatetly, it boils down to this question: will this team improve considerably just by adding Odell Beckham Jr.?

Absolutely. Completely agree.

As the team stands now, it is a pretty obvious no.

wait wut

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5555 on: December 13, 2019, 03:54:32 PM »
wait wut

Is a better WR going to improve the pass protection? Is he going to give Darnold more time to allow plays to develop?

Our offense is going to have these problems regardless of the WR corps. Having ODB on the roster won't change thses problems significantly enough to make a difference in either the offense or his attitude.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5556 on: December 13, 2019, 04:00:34 PM »
Is a better WR going to improve the pass protection? Is he going to give Darnold more time to allow plays to develop?

Our offense is going to have these problems regardless of the WR corps. Having ODB on the roster won't change thses problems significantly enough to make a difference in either the offense or his attitude.
We can get Beckham AND improve the OL. Wmthey arent mutually exclusive. We all know OL is the primary need.

Would having a #1 WR help Dsrnold out? Absolutely! I know there is risk but the reward is worth it.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5557 on: December 13, 2019, 04:18:32 PM »
We can get Beckham AND improve the OL. Wmthey arent mutually exclusive. We all know OL is the primary need.

Would having a #1 WR help Dsrnold out? Absolutely! I know there is risk but the reward is worth it.

We COULD improve the OLine. We COULD HAVE improved the OLine at any point since losing Faneca. We haven't.

We also haven't talked about any actual prospects for the OLine so until we get some actual targets in FA then I don't feel like taking mindless hypotheticals into account here.

As I said before: if we significantly improve the team overall then I would want Beckham on it. However, I'm not giving Douglas the benefit of the doubt simply because he isn't McCagnan. We've had too many GMs freak it up since the 2006 draft.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #5558 on: December 13, 2019, 04:22:42 PM »
What do people think is actual fair value for Beckham? A second-rounder? Do you want to part with one of those in a year we desperately need OL and where the draft is supposedly deep at the WR position?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5559 on: December 13, 2019, 04:26:16 PM »
It's not going to happen, dcm is just obsessed with the idea of trading Adams.

I wasn't suggesting it's the plan

I'm suggesting the Jets wouldn't trade more than a 2nd for him, unless it ended up being a packaged deal.

And to be fair I suggested we'd give them Adams for Beckham and a 1st which the Browns would never do

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5560 on: December 13, 2019, 04:28:52 PM »
What do people think is actual fair value for Beckham? A second-rounder? Do you want to part with one of those in a year we desperately need OL and where the draft is supposedly deep at the WR position?

I think the Browns could easily get a late 1st for him

So unless we trade back in the 1st, it would take a packaged player deal for us to get him.

If we talked purely draft picks I think a 2nd this year and next year is the best the Jets could do without trading back or involving players

And I don't see us doing that 

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #5561 on: December 13, 2019, 04:37:07 PM »
We also haven't talked about any actual prospects for the OLine so until we get some actual targets in FA then I don't feel like taking mindless hypotheticals into account here.

In fairness we have, there has been fairly extensive conversation elsewhere about multiple players including Jack Conklin, Kyle Long and Brandon Scherff amongst others.

Also, assuming we're not giving up any significant draft capital for Beckham (something to which I would be opposed) then signing him would free up more draft resources to focus on the line, because we have to add to the WR corps one way or another this offseason.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5562 on: December 13, 2019, 04:54:42 PM »
In fairness we have, there has been fairly extensive conversation elsewhere about multiple players including Jack Conklin, Kyle Long and Brandon Scherff amongst others.

Also, assuming we're not giving up any significant draft capital for Beckham (something to which I would be opposed) then signing him would free up more draft resources to focus on the line, because we have to add to the WR corps one way or another this offseason.

This conversation started in a vacuum so that's all I had to go on.. there is also no guarantee that those players make it to the FA.

Like I said: if the rest of the team gets better then I won't have a problem with it. If Douglas does what Tannenbaum, Idzik and Duff did, then there isn't really any reason to think that Darnold won't be swarmed by the pass rush before he has a chance to finish his drop back.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #5563 on: December 13, 2019, 05:09:43 PM »
If they trade Adams for Beckham I'll camp out in Florham Park with a torch.
Brace yourself.....we’re on the same page.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5564 on: December 13, 2019, 05:18:08 PM »
I would trade a 2nd round pick for Beckham. I would not add anything else to that package.