Author Topic: New York Jets Miscellanea  (Read 790175 times)

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
Re: New York Jets Miscellanea
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2013, 05:27:28 PM »
PFF from Gonzalo Estrade:

Missed tackles haven't been an issue for the #Jets this season except in a couple of plays. Have to keep it that way tonight.

Way to jinx it.

What else is new.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2013, 07:32:48 AM »
People to kill:

@Brian_Bassett: Why does this seem so familiar? Oh. http://t.co/CB1jVNVl6q
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2013, 08:29:12 AM »
^ He's Jinxed. It's over, folks. Pack it up and hope for a QB in 2014.

Rexifer

• Drew Coleman

NDMick

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2013, 10:23:08 AM »
^ My guess is that he'll win the other two awards (rookie and GMC) as well. Good for the kid.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2013, 10:36:17 AM »
^ My guess is that he'll win the other two awards (rookie and GMC) as well. Good for the kid.

My Quarterback.
"Wrong!"

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2013, 10:36:36 AM »
I have finally found it. The worst written piece of dogshit article that I have ever seen about the Jets from the major daily papers. I didn't see it at the paper but I know who wrote it. Holy cow can the guy put anymore bad cliches and nicknames into this piece of crap?

There used to be a circus around here, beneath a riotous green-and-white Big Top, Rex Ryan behind the wheel of one clown car, Mark Sanchez riding shotgun, Woody Johnson behind the wheel of another, chauffeuring Tim Tebow around for everyone to see.

The circus has officially left town.

In its place stands a defiant football coach and his defiant football team — the New York Football Defiants — who would relish a game with the New York Football Giants, even if it had to take place in the parking lot on New York Super Bowl Sunday with no one watching. A defiant football coach, former circus Fat Man, fighting to keep his dream job, and his defiant football team, led by a baby-faced kid quarterback starring in a sitcom we can call “I Dream of Geno,” ready and willing, if not always able, to take on all comers who wonder why Bozo has left the building. When they said they’ll be back, The Rexterminators weren’t kidding.

The Rexterminators, you may or may not recall, are a fearless army that doesn’t want to hear about any damn buttfumble, or any damn Snoopy Bowl mindlessness, or any damn ESPN rankings. Only: Who’s next? They’ll hunt you down and then bloody your nose in a Big Apple minute, and are younger and hungrier and meaner and tougher than the 0-5 zombies on the blue side of town, especially in the trenches. The NFL knows them as the New York Jets, and if you are familiar with their unfathomable history, then you certainly know better than to plan any Canyon of Heroes parade any time soon. Perhaps the Mud Bowl might ring a bell. These tortured souls haven’t won a championship since Jan. 12, 1969. Since Broadway Joe.

“It’s not like we feel like we’re King Kong,” Ryan said Tuesday.
But if you don’t think these bad boys are ready to get the monkey off their backs and dream of a playoff berth, just look around at the rest of the AFC and tell me who, other than Peyton Manning, is King Kong?

Because these are the Jets, because this is the NFL, because Geno Smith has all of five flights as the Jet pilot, you can bet there will be turbulence ahead. Any Given Sundays or Monday Nights when he can give you a 147.7 quarterback rating every bit as much as a behind-the-back dribble by the goal line. But boy, if that was a glimpse of the future Smith provided in Atlanta, then maybe there will be a future for the Rexterminators after all. “He’s the man,” Jeremy Kerley said.

Nobody, absolutely nobody, owns a crystal ball that can tell us whether Smith will ultimately find himself resting in the franchise’s endless quarterbacks graveyard that is littered with the bodies of would-be phenoms and has-beens and never-weres. It doesn’t mean he can’t be a symbol of hope for a better tomorrow, whenever that tomorrow arrives. It doesn’t mean the long-suffering Jets fan should be discouraged from singing “I Dream of Geno” at the top of his or her long-suffering lungs. It should not be lost on anyone that in his sixth NFL start, Mark Sanchez endured a five-interception nightmare.

On the other end of the spectrum, Eli Manning was 0-5 (sound familiar?) in his first five starts, completing 55-of-124 passes with three touchdowns and seven interceptions. Peyton Manning was 1-4 after five starts with four TDs and 12 INTs.

The expectations for I Dream of Geno should be tempered also because of the dearth of playmakers around him. But he can sure sling that rock when he is made comfortable by Marty Mornhinweg. And if the growing pains continue to subside, then we may have a football season around here after all. Season’s greetings from the Rexterminators. I Dream of Geno should be the quarterback for the rest of the season, the boy leader of the remorseless Rexterminators, who don’t care whether you like them or not, who don’t care about style points or Winning Ugly. Because in the NFL, the face of a clown is much, much uglier.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2013, 10:43:07 AM »
^

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2013, 10:59:33 AM »
Barnes out for the year.

Steiny was blowing his load on ricky sapp coming back. At the expense of an actual nfl player in Barnes.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #24 on: October 09, 2013, 11:05:25 AM »
Barnes out for the year.

Steiny was blowing his load on ricky sapp coming back. At the expense of an actual nfl player in Barnes.

JFIF, Can you post a link/tweet, I can't find that anywhere. Thanks in advance.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #25 on: October 09, 2013, 11:08:03 AM »
Chris Lopresti ‏@CLoprestiWFAN 14m
Oh boy. Antwan Barnes to injured reserve. #NYJ re-signs Ricky Sapp. Big blow to Rex's defense.

I'm not sure how big a deal it really is though.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #26 on: October 09, 2013, 11:14:39 AM »
It's obviously threadworthy though.

http://www.jetoffensive.com/index.php?topic=84.0

• Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #27 on: October 09, 2013, 11:43:24 AM »
It's obviously threadworthy though.

http://www.jetoffensive.com/index.php?topic=84.0

This.  I hated how on YDKF people would just cram so much thread worthy stuff to get lost in this thread.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2013, 12:29:19 PM »

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimininow
    Milliner leaves to work with trainer on side. Jarrett off to side. No Kenrick Ellis. #Jets

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #29 on: October 09, 2013, 12:32:59 PM »

Rich Cimini ‏@RichCimininow
    Milliner leaves to work with trainer on side. Jarrett off to side. No Kenrick Ellis. #Jets

Well Milliners just rehabbing that hammy injury thats no big deal, and I dont think Ellis has been 100% since we drafted him.

Outside of Jarrett (who Rex said he expects would get less playing time against Pitt anyway) nothing too worriesome here