Author Topic: SteveFlix Request Thread  (Read 9943 times)

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
Re: SteveFlix Request Thread
« Reply #120 on: September 01, 2023, 02:31:03 PM »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #121 on: September 01, 2023, 02:37:44 PM »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #122 on: September 01, 2023, 03:02:12 PM »
Done.

You sir are a magician.

Thanks Steve!
Need a new one for a new board...

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #123 on: September 01, 2023, 06:05:35 PM »
Enjoy the ride
Couldn’t get to it today. Probably next Tuesday. Can’t wait to see it. 

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #124 on: September 01, 2023, 06:32:35 PM »
Couldn’t get to it today. Probably next Tuesday. Can’t wait to see it.
I'm curious to see your opinion.

I like Ari Aster, but I shut this off after about 30 mins.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #125 on: September 14, 2023, 09:12:17 PM »
I'm curious to see your opinion.

I like Ari Aster, but I shut this off after about 30 mins.
So…where to begin? A little mix of Kaufman and Lynch for sure. I actually liked it. I got interrupted twice, so I would like to see it in its entirety. I definitely understand why people wouldn’t like it. The whole part with Amy Ryan and Nathan Lane could have been cut out, but there were times when the movie felt like “huge” for lack of a better term. The first act was kinda surreal but a total play on his psyche and fears. The play was my favorite part, to be honest. Just something about it felt very profound. The end was entertaining but a little anticlimactic. I will add one thing, Parker Posey can definitely still get it, that part was freaky.

Is it up there with his first two movies? No. But, happy to have seen it and would say it’s thought provoking and kinda makes you think about your own life in a way and I’d say that always makes for a better than decent movie. Note: didn’t realize that was Bill Hader on the phone as the UPS guy.

One thing I have to add, from watching all his movies, is this guy must have one hell of a family.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2023, 09:27:06 PM by guinness77 »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #126 on: September 14, 2023, 09:32:24 PM »
BIRTHDAY BOY STAB MAN

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #127 on: September 15, 2023, 09:19:43 AM »
So…where to begin? A little mix of Kaufman and Lynch for sure. I actually liked it. I got interrupted twice, so I would like to see it in its entirety. I definitely understand why people wouldn’t like it. The whole part with Amy Ryan and Nathan Lane could have been cut out, but there were times when the movie felt like “huge” for lack of a better term. The first act was kinda surreal but a total play on his psyche and fears. The play was my favorite part, to be honest. Just something about it felt very profound. The end was entertaining but a little anticlimactic. I will add one thing, Parker Posey can definitely still get it, that part was freaky.

Is it up there with his first two movies? No. But, happy to have seen it and would say it’s thought provoking and kinda makes you think about your own life in a way and I’d say that always makes for a better than decent movie. Note: didn’t realize that was Bill Hader on the phone as the UPS guy.

One thing I have to add, from watching all his movies, is this guy must have one hell of a family.

Lots to unpack here.

I'll just sum it up by saying it wasn't my cup of tea.  But, i do love Ari Aster, so this one won't sour me on him going fwd.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #128 on: September 15, 2023, 10:22:07 AM »
Lots to unpack here.

I'll just sum it up by saying it wasn't my cup of tea.  But, i do love Ari Aster, so this one won't sour me on him going fwd.
I definitely understand why anyone wouldn’t like this. It’s all over the place, it’s meandering, it’s kinda surreal, a little confusing, the plot is a bit all over the place. I liked it but it’s definitely not my favorite.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #129 on: October 12, 2023, 03:22:49 PM »
Steve, this may be a hard ask because I know it’s not easy to find but if you could get This is England ‘90 up that would be awesome. You added ‘86 and ‘88 but ‘90 would finish it off. I’ve watched (and re-watched) this show basically on YouTube but to be able to watch it in a row uninterrupted…damn. Appreciate all you do.

steves850

• Chad Pennington
    • SteveFlix
« Reply #130 on: October 12, 2023, 06:11:57 PM »
Steve, this may be a hard ask because I know it’s not easy to find but if you could get This is England ‘90 up that would be awesome. You added ‘86 and ‘88 but ‘90 would finish it off. I’ve watched (and re-watched) this show basically on YouTube but to be able to watch it in a row uninterrupted…damn. Appreciate all you do.

Strange, they all should have downloaded at the same time. Lemme take a look.
Tom Brady kisses his kids like that kid from Glee who hung himself last week.

steves850

• Chad Pennington
    • SteveFlix
« Reply #131 on: October 12, 2023, 07:47:04 PM »

I did the thing, should show up shortly.
Tom Brady kisses his kids like that kid from Glee who hung himself last week.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #132 on: October 12, 2023, 08:08:17 PM »
I did the thing, should show up shortly.
Yup it’s there. Thanks so much. I cannot recommend that whole series enough. It’s a top 5 show, ever, for me. It’s tough to watch sometimes, but the acting is incredible and, believe it or not, pretty funny too.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #133 on: October 12, 2023, 08:59:49 PM »
Deadwood?
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #134 on: October 12, 2023, 09:02:43 PM »

Tags: