Author Topic: 2023 Veteran QB Options  (Read 52037 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: 2023 Veteran QB Options
« Reply #1155 on: January 28, 2023, 10:29:36 PM »
THIS!!!

Who cares if we spend 10 years in cap hell or we have no draft picks if we win a Super Bowl? This team hasn't won a title since the sixties and hasn't been in the playoffs at all for over a decade.

What good has all the great cap space done for us the past 3-4 regimes? We're near the top of the list for money to spend almost every year. On what? The next guy who uses us to inflate his market rate to get more from a team that actually wants to compete?

Win today. Tomorrow doesn't even exist.
Getting Rodgers doesn't guarantee a Super Bowl. It doesn't even guarantee the playoffs.  Hell, signing him doesn't even guarantee he makes it to week 1.

I would be very happy to have him here.  I'll be blasting jizz all over the place like the rest of you, but I'm not blind to the fact that it could blow up in our face.  Definitely an all-in move, but not as crazy as the Watson or Russell Wilson deals.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1156 on: January 28, 2023, 10:37:06 PM »
Getting Rodgers doesn't guarantee a Super Bowl. It doesn't even guarantee the playoffs.  Hell, signing him doesn't even guarantee he makes it to week 1.

I would be very happy to have him here.  I'll be blasting jizz all over the place like the rest of you, but I'm not blind to the fact that it could blow up in our face.  Definitely an all-in move, but not as crazy as the Watson or Russell Wilson deals.

Depending on compensation it could be more crazy

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1157 on: January 28, 2023, 10:40:10 PM »
Depending on compensation it could be more crazy
I think it is the same thing as the Wilson deal. We have a very good defense and some good pieces on offense where you can argue we are a QB away.

We dont know what would have happened in Denver if Wilson (and Hackett) weren't so bad. If Wilson played like the guy they thought they were trading for, maybe they're a contender.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1158 on: January 28, 2023, 10:40:34 PM »
If the goal is to make the playoffs and then worry about the QB position every off season because of declining play and possible retirement then Rodgers is your guy.

2023 AR12 ----> 2025 AR15  Lamar 2.0
The goal is to win now because half this team won't be here when they're gonna get paid whether it's Rodgers or anyone else

Having Rodgers doesn't threaten drafting another prospect .

But theres no reality where we draft AR in the 1st . Not unless we're unloading other players for current draft capital

The elephant in the room is most fans see young talent and finally want to have patience.  That went out the window when Saleh refused to replace Knapp and put way too much faith in LaFleur . The same things people feel good about with the current status of this roster  were brought to you by the people who will be carrying their excrement in a cardboard box next February if they're not in the playoffs .

This changes the dynamics of how you build the roster to keep people employed .

The whole goal of this is to win rings . Complaining about mortgaging potential for the tangible is senseless given the current status of the FO and the fact this window will slam closed. We've got 3 years worth of 1st rd picks and 4 1st rd talents (Hall) in 1 yr .

You're going to want yo keep costs down 4 or 5 years from now.

Their current cost is what makes this all sensible even if you eat 2 years of dead cap on the back end

I think we're either getting AR or Carr.  And if your first rd is still in tact you get OL or WR.

I'd take AR in the 2nd in quite a few scenarios . I can't imagine taking him at 13 in any of them and feeling like we've made the best use of our resources vs the options out there

The only reality I see that happening is if you settle for Jimmy G or Brisset or Minshew as the band aid and you think AR is the answer.

But either road you're relying on JD to make good on any mid rd picks for the next 4 yrs to sustain the roster due to the likelihood of needing to pay at least 3 big deals in 4 yrs

So again. We can almost certainly make a deep run now

Or

We can hope someone who looks like a good prospect carries us in 2 yrs

Like we felt witb Zach like we felt with Sam like we felt with Mark like we felt with Chad

If we got him in a trade down I'd be cool but not at 13.

There's gonna be some serious talent that gets pushed down to 13 with the run on QBs and we can either pick someone or likely trade down for good value . Which ties back into my late 1st grade on him

The dearth of quality qb play is gonna make 3 qbs in the top 10 very routine regardless if they deserve it or not

All of this might be moot if AR destroys the combine and gets the Zach wilson rise and he's not even on the board at 13

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1159 on: January 28, 2023, 10:50:19 PM »
AR at 13 could happen if we whiff on Carr and Rodgers stays. If the answer is someone like Jimmy or worse, you need a legit competitor. Maybe the Jets are convinced Zach can be that guy.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1160 on: January 28, 2023, 10:51:47 PM »

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1161 on: January 28, 2023, 10:56:04 PM »
I think it is the same thing as the Wilson deal. We have a very good defense and some good pieces on offense where you can argue we are a QB away.

We dont know what would have happened in Denver if Wilson (and Hackett) weren't so bad. If Wilson played like the guy they thought they were trading for, maybe they're a contender.

Minus the part about Wilson being 33 and Rodgers being 40 next year

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1162 on: January 28, 2023, 11:05:44 PM »
https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1619109406548836352   
We're using rich cimini as a mic drop?

Look I don't care if we miss on AR . But the pivot should he to aggressively pursue Carr

Again I laid out how AR15 ends here but it's not really my top choice . Just a route I'm cognizant of existing in tbe even we fail to legitimately upgrade beyond Jimmy G I'm injured A Lot Aren't I

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1163 on: January 28, 2023, 11:07:20 PM »
Minus the part about Wilson being 33 and Rodgers being 40 next year
You want 7 more years of what russ was cooking ?

Yeah im done here

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1164 on: January 28, 2023, 11:11:03 PM »
If we don't get Rodgers or Carr I want to hear attempts were made

Anything after that is not exciting in the slightest to be honest lol 

We can be the bucs with Brady or we can be the redskins with Heinecke . Admirable effort and close almost beat said bucs

Haven't done excrement since

Thats where I'm at now lol this is what this team has done to me

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #1165 on: January 28, 2023, 11:29:12 PM »
You want 7 more years of what russ was cooking ?

Yeah im done here

I'm suggesting when the trade was executed, not in hindsight

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #1166 on: January 29, 2023, 12:26:30 AM »
What's your excuse for Sam Darnold?
Adam Gase
A cross-dressing limey poofter

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #1167 on: January 29, 2023, 12:49:12 AM »
We're using rich cimini as a mic drop?

Look I don't care if we miss on AR . But the pivot should he to aggressively pursue Carr

Again I laid out how AR15 ends here but it's not really my top choice . Just a route I'm cognizant of existing in tbe even we fail to legitimately upgrade beyond Jimmy G I'm injured A Lot Aren't I
Cimini as a mic drop?  No and didn't mean for it to come off that way. 

Rogers: is this costing a 1st?  If JD could swing a deal that retains the #13 pick great; OT skronski/jones/johnson or WR e.g. JS-M?

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #1168 on: January 29, 2023, 07:21:06 AM »
Adam Gase
Darmold had fetal alcohol syndrome long before Gase got ahold of him
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #1169 on: January 29, 2023, 07:48:04 AM »
AR at 13 could happen if we whiff on Carr and Rodgers stays. If the answer is someone like Jimmy or worse, you need a legit competitor. Maybe the Jets are convinced Zach can be that guy.
AR at 13? 

Tags: