Author Topic: 2022-2023 NHL thread  (Read 4815 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: 2022-2023 NHL thread
« Reply #30 on: January 22, 2023, 09:44:42 AM »
Please go back to hockey talk in here...thanks
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2023, 10:01:11 PM »
Taylor Hall is a former Hart trophy winner that hadn't scored for his team in a month, and the Bruins are still 38-5-4.

That is absolutely insane.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #32 on: January 26, 2023, 08:42:11 PM »
Quote from: MBGreen
Please go back to hockey talk in here...thanks
Sorry MB and you're right....but I just saw this and....promise, last post them I'm out.  On the Canadian bight side, the NYR lost to the Leafs last night

Jesus didn't teach us to love all men equally as long as they conformed to a particular set of rules that he didn't actually lay down about who you can screw. I'm not a religious man but

for obvious reasons I have more than a passing familiarity with Christian doctrine

and a good degree of positive feeling towards much of it, and using Christianity to justify excrement that flies directly in the face of its core tenets is not something that any actual Christian should have any time for.

Tolerance does not translate to "hey, if people want to persecute others for excrement that isn't any of my business I'm happy to tolerate it". Jesus was not a passive man and would waste no time in throwing these modern day Pharisees the freak out of his church, literally and metaphorically.
 Don't make me start quoting scripture.
Impressive (re: the in bold).  What's next, you're on a first name basis with God?  : )

And as far as "persecution" goes, in Provoro's mind I'm thinking he does not equate skipping a warmup in 'mandated garb' as endorsing persecution per se but more "not my cup of tea, mind if I choose to sit this one out?"  As for quoting scriptures, seems the Old Testament's references to marriage are boy/girl 'hetero' and that's what Provorov's hanging his hat on.  As a former alterboy who's surreptitiously scarfed down many an early morning cruet of unconsecrated wine and unleavened wafers in the sacristy (and can still recite The Confiteor in Latin), I too am well versed in the scriptures...not really but whatever: 

'in vino veritas'
'suum cuique
"

Again, I'm not fraternal with Provorov's worldview nor would I have adopted his sitting out tact but while he could be labeled a pharisaical hypocrite, he on the other hand could possibly view directed brow-beating as undue sanctimony.  For now, Father forgive them for they know not what they do..

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #33 on: January 26, 2023, 09:23:55 PM »
Sorry MB and you're right....but I just saw this and....promise, last post them I'm out.  On the Canadian bight side, the NYR lost to the Leafs last night

Pretty sure no Canadian here considers that to be a positive.

Impressive (re: the in bold).  What's next, you're on a first name basis with God?  : )

God, if he exists, has no interest in what I have to say to him. My point was that as my previous post said, my Dad is a priest. It was never rammed down my throat which is probably why I feel fairly benign towards the faith, but scripture was a regular enough part of both home and school life that I can fairly comfortably argue against some of Christanity's less appropriately adjusted modern claimants and use their own tools against them.

the Old Testament's references to marriage are boy/girl 'hetero' and that's what Provorov's hanging his hat on

Well, yeah, but that's one of the easiest ones of all to poke holes in. Because while Bible scholars will try and twist themselves around this, the fact is that the Holy Trinity and specifically Jesus Christ as Saviour is entirely a function of the New Testament, and if you're going to call yourself a Christian and devote yourself to Christ then it is perverse to ignore his teachings which by definition only appear in the New Testament, and instead use contradictory writings of man from the OT to justify behaviour that Jesus Christ explicitly told you not to do.

So if that's what Provorov's going with, I refer to my previous point that he can freak off. He clearly doesn't understand the first thing about the teachings of Jesus, who was very much a righteous dude who would very much have wanted his devotees to stand up for the persecuted. Tim Tebow knew, even if he forgot add the next verse:

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Provorov apparently doesn't believe John because he thinks that condemnation is OK, or at least that it's not his job to do anything about it. Dude needs to go do a bit more Bible study, this excrement is pretty much Sunday school 101.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2023, 09:54:37 AM »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #35 on: January 27, 2023, 10:55:06 AM »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #37 on: January 27, 2023, 11:39:27 AM »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #38 on: January 27, 2023, 11:50:28 AM »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #39 on: January 30, 2023, 06:30:32 PM »

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #40 on: January 30, 2023, 11:28:03 PM »
Not wearing a pride jersey is totally the same as rounding up and systematically trying to genocide Jewish people across the globe.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #41 on: January 31, 2023, 07:47:00 AM »
Not wearing a pride jersey is totally the same as rounding up and systematically trying to genocide Jewish people across the globe.

Correct. By jove, you're slowly starting to get it!

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #42 on: January 31, 2023, 01:20:32 PM »
Correct. By jove, you're slowly starting to get it!

Fantastic use of by jove.

Thought the Isles package for Horvat was fairly reasonable. They absolutely have to resign him though.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #43 on: January 31, 2023, 03:32:19 PM »
Eggshells with sledgehammers...not lame....

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #44 on: January 31, 2023, 03:39:16 PM »
Fantastic use of by jove.

Thought the Isles package for Horvat was fairly reasonable. They absolutely have to resign him though.

I honestly don't know enough about the players they gave up, it seems Raty is a good prospect but has some way to go while Beauvillier is probably a bottom 6 player. If the Isles make the playoffs and re-sign Horvat it's an excellent piece of business, if they make the playoffs but he doesn't re-sign then the value will be determined by how deep they go, if they miss the playoffs and re-sign Horvat it probably isn't terrible but it will look expensive, and if they miss the playoffs and he still walks then it was a disaster. Like most rentals we can probably only assess the success of the trade after the season is done.

Tags: