Author Topic: 2023 Offensive Tackles  (Read 2462 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: 2023 Offensive Tackles
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2022, 05:08:33 PM »
Having the bookends set with young players would be ideal. I'd rather fill out the interior and save the premium draft picks for some of our other needs.

We have needs at non-premium positions which is a good problem to have:  LB, S, C, maybe TE
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2022, 05:25:57 PM »
We have needs at non-premium positions which is a good problem to have:  LB, S, C, maybe TE

Hopefully Ruckert can get some more playing time as the season progresses. It'd be nice for our 3rd round TE to work out.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2022, 07:44:12 PM »

I suspect we also need a DT or two next year. Can’t think of any reason to retain Rankins at anything near what we are paying him, I haven’t seen much out of Solomon Thomas to see us need to retain him, while our staff likes Sheppard, he isn’t productive. That doesn’t even raise the idea of whether we should continue paying JFM or not.

Need a new one for a new board...

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2022, 06:06:14 PM »
Penn State's Olumuyiwa Fashanu
Oklahoma's Anton Harrison
Maryland's Jaelyn Duncan

We need a lighter left tackle prospect with athleticism.  The opposite of Becton.  I think if Becton comes back, he's competing for playing time at RT. 

Time to find Duane Brown's successor.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2022, 07:03:51 PM »
If only Olu were still available when the Jets pick come the draft.  https://twitter.com/dpbrugler/status/1587066476380524544

Looking at the OSU/N'western game (Skoronski/Johnson) last weekend, was not overly impressed by either.  While Skoronski's aggressive and gets after it he was often lunging late at defenders and as for Johnson, with the wind howling OSU had to go with the run and frankly Johnson (esp. on a stuffed 4th and 1) did not exactly 'roadgrade' NW for the most part 

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2022, 07:28:49 PM »
Penn State's Olumuyiwa Fashanu
Oklahoma's Anton Harrison
Maryland's Jaelyn Duncan

We need a lighter left tackle prospect with athleticism.  The opposite of Becton.  I think if Becton comes back, he's competing for playing time at RT. 

Time to find Duane Brown's successor.

Do we really need to go in the opposite direction? Brown had been a solid LT for over a decade before coming to us and definitely looked more like Becton than Brick.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2022, 10:14:59 PM »
Do we really need to go in the opposite direction? Brown had been a solid LT for over a decade before coming to us and definitely looked more like Becton than Brick.

Duane Brown is a converted tight end.  We need someone that can move in space and stay on the field.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2022, 10:16:09 PM »
If only Olu were still available when the Jets pick come the draft.  https://twitter.com/dpbrugler/status/1587066476380524544

Looking at the OSU/N'western game (Skoronski/Johnson) last weekend, was not overly impressed by either.  While Skoronski's aggressive and gets after it he was often lunging late at defenders and as for Johnson, with the wind howling OSU had to go with the run and frankly Johnson (esp. on a stuffed 4th and 1) did not exactly 'roadgrade' NW for the most part 

I think Skoronski is probably more of a guard.  He'd an intriguing guy in the second round because he fits into that "best five" category where he can lineup at multiple positions like AVT. 

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2022, 10:28:17 PM »
Duane Brown is a converted tight end.  We need someone that can move in space and stay on the field.

Fat freaking TE

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #24 on: November 16, 2022, 02:28:00 PM »
Looked to check out PSU's Olu Fashanu and Maryland's Jaelyn Duncan last weekend however Fashanu's been out the last two games with an 'undisclosed injury"   

https://247sports.com/college/penn-state/Article/Penn-State-left-tackle-Olu-Fashanu-out-of-uniform-for-Maryland-RB-Keyvone-Lee-out-again-197419996/

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #25 on: November 28, 2022, 04:06:20 PM »
Pete Thamel

Penn State offensive tackle Olu Fashanu tells ESPN he will return to school for the 2023 season. The decision comes as a surprise in the NFL world, as @olu_fashanu projected as the top lineman in the 2023 NFL Draft. Huge news for PSU coming off 10-2 year.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #26 on: November 28, 2022, 04:33:07 PM »
the best OT in the class

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #27 on: November 28, 2022, 05:12:35 PM »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #28 on: November 28, 2022, 05:56:14 PM »
FYP

Joe Alt might have something to say about that.

I hope we draft him so we can call him Alt Left or Alt Right.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #29 on: January 10, 2023, 12:00:41 PM »
Peter Skoronski, Paris Johnson, and Broderick Jones are all players that can slide around on the offensive line and that's the kind of player that Douglas seems to value.  Darnell Wright is a true right tackle.  Jaelyn Duncan and Anton Harrison are strictly left tackles - lighter, more athletic linemen. 

Johnson has starting experience at guard and tackle.  Skoronski and Jones started very early and have a lot of experience at tackle on teams that play a very physical style of football.  Harrison played a lot of football for Oklahoma too.   

In a dominant CFP Title win, Jones was the most dominant player on offense for Georgia last night.

Duncan is a really good scheme fit and could be a player that rises. 

---

I have some notes that Iowa's Lukas Van Ness gave Skoronski a lot of trouble so I need to go back and watch that one because I like both prospects for us. 

Tags: