Author Topic: Jets sign Kwon Alexander  (Read 961 times)

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
Jets sign Kwon Alexander
« on: July 28, 2022, 03:45:56 PM »

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Jets sign Kwon Alexander
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2022, 03:53:19 PM »
Solid move.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2022, 03:56:57 PM »
Can legitimately say every unit on our roster is better.

I was thinking about how in the past, how even when I tried to be optimistic about the Jets, I would go position group by position group and the Jets just wouldn't stack up.

On paper, linebacker was the one unit we hadn't really addressed much. Feel a lot more comfortable with Kwon.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2022, 03:58:33 PM »
Well done, big Doug
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2022, 04:02:23 PM »
Makes sense to take a day or two of camp, see how the young guys are progressing and see they aren’t “there” yet and then go give Kwon a call and get a deal done

Go find us a tackle so we can kick either Edoga or McDermott (or both) to the curb and that pretty much solidified our offseason
Need a new one for a new board...

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2022, 04:03:33 PM »
I feel like we've been hoping for this for a while?
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2022, 09:20:32 AM »
Connor Hughes
@Connor_J_Hughes
·
33m
Kwon Alexander’s one-year deal with the #Jets is worth $1.12m and came with a $152,500 signing bonus, per sources. Great value for #NYJ

Joey D babbie
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2022, 01:41:42 PM »
Love this move.

If he’s healthy (gigantic if), he’s better than so, so many LB’s that we’ve put on the field in recent years.

Zero risk.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #8 on: August 02, 2022, 03:06:02 PM »
Love this move.

If he’s healthy (gigantic if), he’s better than so, so many LB’s that we’ve put on the field in recent years.

Zero risk.
Not to mention....on paper, I think the worst units on paper for us were quarterback, linebacker and safety. Kwon makes it where you can say we have a respectable LB group, which was hard to say before. And I don't think our safety group is that bad with Davis and Joyner competing for a spot opposite Whitehead.

I was trying to compare my optimism of 2022 compared to any of my cautious optimism in previous years. In the past, if you asked me what units the Jets were good at, I'd struggle to give a good answer. Now, you can say several different groups, without any glaring weaknesses on paper besides quarterback.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #9 on: August 02, 2022, 03:11:58 PM »
Not to mention....on paper, I think the worst units on paper for us were quarterback, linebacker and safety. Kwon makes it where you can say we have a respectable LB group, which was hard to say before. And I don't think our safety group is that bad with Davis and Joyner competing for a spot opposite Whitehead.

I was trying to compare my optimism of 2022 compared to any of my cautious optimism in previous years. In the past, if you asked me what units the Jets were good at, I'd struggle to give a good answer. Now, you can say several different groups, without any glaring weaknesses on paper besides quarterback.

I think the unit with the biggest questions is WR. We have a rookie who we're hopeful for, a sophomore who showed promise, a mediocre overpaid vet, a good slot guy, and a bunch of scrubs. It might turn out to be good but there's a lot to be proven.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #10 on: August 02, 2022, 03:25:10 PM »
I think the unit with the biggest questions is WR. We have a rookie who we're hopeful for, a sophomore who showed promise, a mediocre overpaid vet, a good slot guy, and a bunch of scrubs. It might turn out to be good but there's a lot to be proven.
Sure, there are questions, but on paper, there are lots of answers. Elijah Moore looks like a really good young player, and last year's numbers were very promising (and not in a Mims way). Garrett Wilson is a top-10 pick. Those guys are supposed to make impacts quickly. And Corey Davis is a former top-10 pick who had 984 yards his last healthy season. Plus Berrios.

The unit could be below average, but it also has the potential to be quite good. At the very least, I can make a case for the unit being average or better if a couple things break right. And if everything breaks right, it can be a very good unit.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #11 on: August 02, 2022, 03:42:16 PM »

i am with you on the concerns there, but for some reason i feel like the group will be buoyed up by having two good pass catching options both at TE and at RB, which I feel like we haven't been able to say in years.

it's up to zach to spread the ball well and keep defenses honest/guessing

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2022, 03:49:33 PM »

I'd be much more concerned about the LB and S in theory. Kwon is extremely injury prone and we have a bunch of question marks besides Mosley who is probably overpaid/will begin slowing down sooner than later, and all we have at safety is Whitehead and unknowns in Joyner (whether he is still actually alive) and Pinnock/Davis (whether they can actually play consistently well).

Tags: