Author Topic: 2022 Training Camp  (Read 7786 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: 2022 Training Camp
« Reply #30 on: July 27, 2022, 10:59:45 AM »
Morning practice recap from Cimini, looks like Mims is getting some early catches. It'd be nice if he proved to be useful.

Rich Cimini
@RichCimini
Practice 1 (no pads):

📰Becton practices for first time since last Sept, debuts at RT.
⭐️Mims sparkles. 4 catches, including contested balls.
🏈Solid day for Zach Wilson (until final red zone period, INT)
Also: Fant practices … Diving INT by Reed..Overall, crisp practice. #Jets
11:56 AM · Jul 27, 2022·Twitter for iPhone
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #31 on: July 27, 2022, 11:42:08 AM »
Mims needs to show out so we can trade him
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2022, 04:43:19 PM »
The other option with Mims is to keep him and groom him to replace Corey Davis next year. We can save a lot of money if we cut Corey Davis, and if the Jets think this Mims development is real, we could opt for that plan with him and decide after 2023 what to do with Mims.  Most likely, there isn't a big role for Mims here in 2022, but last year, Davis and Moore both missed time, and Wilson is a rookie, so no guarantee he is ready right away.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #33 on: July 27, 2022, 07:27:29 PM »

The other option with Mims is to keep him and groom him

Woody Johnson - Jeffrey Epstein connection confirmed

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #34 on: July 27, 2022, 11:09:17 PM »
The other option with Mims is to keep him and groom him to replace Corey Davis next year. We can save a lot of money if we cut Corey Davis, and if the Jets think this Mims development is real, we could opt for that plan with him and decide after 2023 what to do with Mims.  Most likely, there isn't a big role for Mims here in 2022, but last year, Davis and Moore both missed time, and Wilson is a rookie, so no guarantee he is ready right away.

Someone always gets hurt. I don’t think it’s a bad idea to hold onto Mims. If they were to trade him, what would they get… a 4th or 5th? I’d rather just hold onto him.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #35 on: July 28, 2022, 08:57:15 AM »
Think about how many receiver injuries we've dealt with in recent years. You can't place too high a premium on depth.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #36 on: July 28, 2022, 09:00:05 AM »
Yeah, until someone aside from Berrios stays on the field for a whole season I'm not comfortable sending away anyone who shows potential at this point.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #38 on: July 28, 2022, 10:06:36 AM »
What are those helmets?

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #41 on: July 28, 2022, 11:00:30 AM »
Zach Wilson would’ve been sacked on three different plays in third down 11-on-11, twice by Bryce Huff and once by Vinny Curry.

Mekhi Becton beat on all three. #Jets

From Rosenblatt. Not a surprise, he's been out of football for a year and essentially redshirted his second season. Hopefully he can shake off the dust sooner rather than later.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #42 on: July 28, 2022, 11:28:07 AM »
Everything we read in camp last year was about Becton getting destroyed by Lawson every day.

I wonder if his physicality doesn't show up as much in a lot of practice drills (especially without pads).
« Last Edit: July 28, 2022, 11:31:38 AM by Derek Smalls »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau

Tags: