Author Topic: 2022 Training Camp  (Read 7440 times)

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
Re: 2022 Training Camp
« Reply #105 on: August 09, 2022, 03:50:26 PM »
Because when you're one of the worst teams in the league, every opponent can be considered difficult.

Yea, that's fair.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2022, 01:41:35 PM »

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2022, 02:34:19 PM »
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2022, 02:49:05 PM »

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2022, 02:51:03 PM »
https://twitter.com/nyjets/status/1557419272321875968

NSFJE

Why is he throwing that sidearm? It's hard to see perspective properly there but it looks like Huff could have got a hand on it if he'd reacted differently. That's not a criticism of the lineman or what he did, but of the fact that needlessly throwing the ball on a trajectory that could be blocked just seems to have little sensible reason other than "look how cool this looks in slo mo".
A cross-dressing limey poofter

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2022, 02:52:32 PM »
https://twitter.com/RichCimini/status/1557395679672246273?t=555iXAbJkD3ChbAuVLx6iw&s=19

Someone check on Grant Hermanns.

to check if he is okay in the head for picking a fight with clemons, or if he is alive, correct?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2022, 02:55:47 PM »
to check if he is okay in the head for picking a fight with clemons, or if he is alive, correct?

Prison rules. Always throw down with the toughest looking guy in the yard on day 1, that way people know you're not to be fucked with.

Also, Hermanns has a couple of inches and 30lbs on Clemons. He's probably no pushover.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2022, 03:20:16 PM »
Why is he throwing that sidearm? It's hard to see perspective properly there but it looks like Huff could have got a hand on it if he'd reacted differently. That's not a criticism of the lineman or what he did, but of the fact that needlessly throwing the ball on a trajectory that could be blocked just seems to have little sensible reason other than "look how cool this looks in slo mo".
A. It does indeed look cool.

B. A higher point of release on a short/mid pass means reducing velocity, allowing more time for a DB to close the gap on the receiver. So in some situations it's actually advantageous.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2022, 04:18:32 PM »
https://www.facebook.com/NFL/videos/patrick-mahomes-slings-it-sidearm/3095304014037910/

I hate that throw. So much could go wrong.

Just run out of bounds, or go Bradyturtle, reset, and have another go. I don't think that the fact that one of the best QBs in the league playing in one of the most innovative offenses in the league can pull it off is a good reason for our guy to be adopting it. Let's worry about aspiring to the dizzying heights of "mediocre" or "not an embarrassment" by playing smart, high percentage football before we start advocating this kind of creativity, eh?

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2022, 04:20:41 PM »

Just run out of bounds, or go Bradyturtle, reset, and have another go. I don't think that the fact that one of the best QBs in the league playing in one of the most innovative offenses in the league can pull it off is a good reason for our guy to be adopting it. Let's worry about aspiring to the dizzying heights of "mediocre" or "not an embarrassment" by playing smart, high percentage football before we start advocating this kind of creativity, eh?

Not saying it was because of the cutesy excrement but Mahomes did have a much higher number of turnovers than your typical Elite QB last year. And Mahomes probably is more talented than all of them, with likely the best supporting cast (at least prior to this year)

klaximilian

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #116 on: August 10, 2022, 04:22:28 PM »

Defender was legitimately about to leave his feet stop to deflect the pass. Stop unnecessarily whining that you think it looks "flashy."

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2022, 04:27:49 PM »

I can't disagree JE.  Was never a fan of the Bernie Kozar school of chucking it 2nd baseman style.  Besides it's not really conducive to getting that ring/middle/index finger 'wipe' you get with pronating the forearm correctly. 
« Last Edit: August 10, 2022, 04:31:02 PM by delavan »

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #118 on: August 11, 2022, 10:14:54 AM »
I think Greg the Leg will be our kicker this season.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #119 on: August 12, 2022, 11:42:37 AM »
Excited to see all the rooks get some playing time tonight...especially Jermaine Johnson.

What I don't want to see is Chumlord and Zach on the field at the same time.

Tags: