Author Topic: Breece Hall of Justice - The Return  (Read 22918 times)

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
Re: Breece Hall of Justice - The Return
« Reply #435 on: January 10, 2024, 05:02:40 PM »
Somehow she got even more beautiful. She could be reading the phonebook for all I know or care.

My muthafuggin old derriere uncle JE. i agree with you 100%

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #436 on: January 12, 2024, 03:46:59 PM »
I am once again begging Joe Douglas to put together a semblance of an OL to let Breece maximize his potential
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

loyaljetsfan

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #437 on: January 12, 2024, 03:53:45 PM »
I am once again begging Joe Douglas to put together a semblance of an OL to let Breece maximize his potential

You will get Brock Bowers and like it.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #438 on: January 12, 2024, 07:26:09 PM »
I didn't realize Breece had 76 catches. Yes I was just staring at Kay the first time.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #439 on: February 19, 2024, 08:55:19 PM »
Find this turd and destroy him. Breece must be protected at all costs.

https://twitter.com/jasrifootball/status/1759651720479527234
A cross-dressing limey poofter

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #440 on: March 30, 2024, 01:53:40 PM »
I've seen discussions of having Breece as our kick returner with the changes to the kickoff being more like a scrimmage play.  Interesting.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #441 on: March 30, 2024, 09:21:31 PM »
I've seen discussions of having Breece as our kick returner with the changes to the kickoff being more like a scrimmage play.  Interesting.

I'm always against any of our best position players being our return guy. Too much risk
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #442 on: March 30, 2024, 09:52:25 PM »
I'm always against any of our best position players being our return guy. Too much risk
No risk it..no biscuit.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #443 on: March 30, 2024, 10:14:21 PM »
This shouldn't be anything a competent punt returner shouldn't be able to handle. As long as Gipson marginally improves his ability to secure the ball he should be fine; the coverage team can't move until he touches the ball.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #444 on: March 31, 2024, 07:28:17 AM »

The whole point of the kickoff change was to reduce the risk. It's not the same anymore as a bunch of dudes running 50 yards down field. How would this be much different than him getting an extra snap on offense?  If Breece is better suited to gain yardage on this type of play, why put Gipson back there just because "he returns kickoffs"?  Breece may not be the best guy for it, I don't know, but if it suits his skill set better..... Maybe Breece can't catch kickoffs well, then it's a moot point.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2024, 07:30:09 AM by bojanglesman »

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #445 on: March 31, 2024, 08:03:13 AM »
I think it’s one of those things you might see situationally. Remember when Rex put cro back there to return a couple important kickoffs? I suspect it will be like that. And if the injury rate does prove (over time) to be significantly less than it has been, it’s more likely to happen and won’t be just a “well freak the whole seasons on the line, get in there” move and more of a “gotta get a spark to have a shot today” type thing.
Need a new one for a new board...

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #446 on: March 31, 2024, 10:22:36 AM »
We have Gipson to return kicks, and he should be good at it.

Granted, I could see a scenario where you would want to put Breece back there. Could be late-game situations. Could be that coaches figure something out with returns, and putting someone like Breece out there could result in even more big plays than giving him the ball on offense.

On paper, it sounds weird, but I could see it making sense some ways.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #447 on: March 31, 2024, 11:14:03 AM »
I can support the idea that if injuries reduction proves out over time, then let a more important player do it.

But this rule change was made to make kickoffs more exciting, not safer. There's still a running start before anyone makes contact.

Don't put critical guys in harm's way when it's unnecessary. Breece getting the ball from Rodgers is going to do a lot more damage than Breece getting a ball kicked off a tee.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #448 on: March 31, 2024, 12:42:40 PM »
I think you guys are underestimating how different the kickoff is going to be.  There will be little if any running start because the kickoff blockers will be 5 yards away from the other team.  I'm not saying it will be the best idea to use Breece, but this will look a lot more like an open field rushing play than a returner running full force into a bunch of guys running full force towards him.  Maybe Izzy would be an option.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #449 on: March 31, 2024, 01:00:44 PM »
We have Gipson to return kicks, and he should be good at it.

Granted, I could see a scenario where you would want to put Breece back there. Could be late-game situations. Could be that coaches figure something out with returns, and putting someone like Breece out there could result in even more big plays than giving him the ball on offense.

On paper, it sounds weird, but I could see it making sense some ways.

With the new format, I would much rather have a running back return kicks than someone like Xavier Gipson.

Gipson can still return punts but there’s definitely added value in getting the ball in the hands of a more powerful runner with better vision…especially if the defense can’t move until the ball is touched.

Abanikanda is actually a really great prospect for that role.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tags: