Author Topic: Breece Hall of Justice - The Return  (Read 22926 times)

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
Re: Breece Hall of Justice - The Return
« Reply #255 on: February 22, 2023, 08:41:49 PM »
I'll feel completely fine if Breece is relied upon as the number 2 back

That way he can come into it as his own and doesn't need to be relied upon day 1

The important question is who the freak can we rely upon ahead of him
Ty Johnson

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #256 on: February 22, 2023, 08:46:03 PM »
I get the concerns on Breece but Id rather focus on the OL which will make our other backs (and some external addition) look a lot better

Laxin

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #257 on: February 22, 2023, 09:39:11 PM »
I don’t think it’s a bad idea to go in to the season with Breece penciled in as the 1a. Saquon seems like too much. Breece should be back up to full strength by week 6. Sign someone who can be a good RBBC back like Jeff Wilson, Hunt, Mostert, Singletary, Mattison or Pollard. All are capable of handling the ball full time in a pinch if needed.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #258 on: February 22, 2023, 11:44:42 PM »
Someone needs to be brought in to fill the #2 roll and our committee numbers need to flatten out.

I'm comfortable with Breece being the #1 until he gives me a reason to not be but we need to add someone who would be an upgrade over Carter. Carter should go to #3.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #259 on: February 23, 2023, 10:19:14 AM »
Given our limited resources I'm against paying a RB FA money. Just improve the rest of the team. We'll be fine at RB.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #260 on: February 23, 2023, 10:26:47 AM »
Given our limited resources I'm against paying a RB FA money. Just improve the rest of the team. We'll be fine at RB.

I'd be fine with bringing in a mid rounder assuming picks one and two go to the OLine and defense.

Unless improving our OLine also turns Bam Knight into a.solid.#2 HB.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #261 on: February 23, 2023, 04:16:00 PM »

Can always go value diving

I mean there's reports that Zeke is going to be forced to take close to the vet minimum.

I'd be more than happy to give him some kind of 1 year heavily incentived contract. I think he's done, but also low risk with moderate reward

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #262 on: February 23, 2023, 04:55:55 PM »
No interest in Zeke and his stupid feed me excrement. 

I'd rather do FB dives with Ty Johnson.

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #263 on: February 23, 2023, 05:33:46 PM »
Are we crowning Breece Hall a bit early?  He had a good run of 4 games before he got hurt.  I'm not saying he won't be good, but I think we need to pump the brakes a little before we start listing him as a jewel in the Jets' offensive crown.  Garrett Wilson did it all year, from beginning to end, no matter what doo-doo we had under center.  Breece Hall is promising, Garrett Wilson delivered.  Not Hall's fault, but injuries are reality.
Not early imo . He made a mediocre OL look even better than they were

The kid is definitely a top 5 RB. But he won't be healthy or return to form until 2024 imo

We need to draft a other rb in rd 4 or 5 .

Not letting a recovering hall an undersized MC and Knight be the RBBC if my job depended on it

Coach K

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #264 on: February 23, 2023, 05:34:02 PM »

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #265 on: February 23, 2023, 05:52:26 PM »
Zeke sucks. There's no reward there. He's done.

There are a million running backs out there. If Breece's injury was that bad where it affected his availability next season, we probably would have heard about it by now or will hear about it soon.

It came out today that Javonte Williams may miss time last year after his ACL last season.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #266 on: February 23, 2023, 05:52:55 PM »
2023 CPOY
If Damar Hamlin plays a snap next year and doesn't commit a major crime, that race is over.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #267 on: February 23, 2023, 06:06:27 PM »

There are a million running backs out there. If Breece's injury was that bad where it affected his availability next season, we probably would have heard about it by now or will hear about it soon.

It came out today that Javonte Williams may miss time last year after his ACL last season.

Nobody expects Breece to be unavailable next year

The concern just is that he won't be the same player he was last year

So I think it's reasonable to have a plan where you don't depend on him being the savior of this offense. Especially if we don't have a savior at QB

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #268 on: February 23, 2023, 08:32:13 PM »
I think Breece will be fine next year, I'm just saying he really had 4 good games before the injury so I think we should maybe see a little bit more before he's Curtis Martin.  He might be great, but let's see it for a whole season.

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #269 on: February 24, 2023, 01:35:51 PM »

Javonte tore up his ACL, LCL, and posterolateral corner, similar to the Dobbins injury that took him over a year to come back from. Breece was thankfully just a clean ACL, so the projected recovery timeline should be better for him than Javonte.

Tags: