Author Topic: 2022 JO 3 Round Mock Draft - Discussion thread  (Read 6217 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: 2022 JO 3 Round Mock Draft - Discussion thread
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2022, 08:00:43 AM »
Didn't go secondary early for the Bucs, thought for sure Emerson or Alontae Taylor would be there in the third. Still really happy with getting Darian Kinnard there, I think he has a shot of starting at guard right away for them. Devonte Wyatt/Trey McBride (assuming Gronk doesn't come back)/Darian Kinnard I think are all pretty immediate impact players at positions of need, and overall felt appropriate for a team looking to compete in 2022. Ideally athletic/high upside secondary players would be targetted in round 4/5.
Solid haul for the Bucs
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #91 on: April 21, 2022, 09:20:25 AM »
Didn't mean for GB to select Calvin Austin after Skyy Moore, but I think getting Dax Hill for defense and then adding three weapons for Rodgers in Burks, Moore, and Austin, with Petit-Frere to potentially slide in at RT, would be a solid haul for the Packers

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #92 on: April 21, 2022, 11:39:51 AM »
26. Tennessee - OL Tyler Smith, Tulsa
90. Tennessee - CB Alontae Taylor, Tennessee

I was really happy to get a versatile, underrated lineman like Smith late in the first round. He could slot in at a few spots down the line. I have Alontae as my 7th best corner in the draft. Good attitude and a high level athlete.

5. NY Giants - OT Evan Neal, Bama
7. NY Giants -
CB Ahmad "Sauce" Gardner, Cinci
36. NY Giants - DL Logan Hall, Houston
67. NY Giants - S Vernon McKinley, Oregon
81. NY Giants - WR Jalen Tolbert, So Alabama

Neal is a no brainer for the Giants. They need stability on that line, and he’ll help them get it. Sauce should allow them to move Bradberry and start immediately.

Playmakers on D are not plentiful right now, which is why I also picked up Hall to be an inside/outside versatile guy on that DLine and McKinley to pair with McKinnie back deep. Verone is one of the more well rounded guys out there in my opinion. 

I’m a huge Tolbert fan. He plays a big wide out game but still has great speed and burst. His issues are all coachabke, and I think he has WR1 potential in the right offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #93 on: April 21, 2022, 03:59:26 PM »
Will pick in a bit, work got busier.

Andrew Ryan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #94 on: April 22, 2022, 03:48:01 PM »
In hindsight, the only pick I second guess is Olave over Penning for the Saints.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #95 on: April 22, 2022, 05:52:05 PM »
It's quite telling when you look at how I mock how much college football I watch - it's mostly players from big schools because I don't see the standouts from smaller schools and don't know who they are. I made a conscious effort to channel my inner Belichick when picking for the Patriots, and I'm quite proud of how I did for them - a DB who might be a bit overdrafted but has all the physical skills, pedigree and intangibles that he'll love (Kaiir Elam), a white linebacker who also plays QB and RB for his school (Troy Andersen), and a fun receiver with all the tools who I only discovered because I was watching highlights of Carson Strong and it seemed like it was the same guy who was always hanging onto his passes into tiny windows (Romeo Doubs).
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #96 on: April 23, 2022, 10:46:27 AM »
CHIEFS
29. Trent McDuffie
30. Boye Mafe
50. Perrion Winfrey
62. Justyn Ross
94. Khalil Shakir
103. Josh Paschal

Didn't love the WR options at 29 and 30, so opted to double up with Ross and Shakir, two guys I like in later rounds with different skillsets.

I've been vocal about not wanting McDuffie at 10, but at 29, he's a home run.

Then I made a major investment in their DL. Mafe is a pure edge rusher. Winfrey is one of the better DTs on Day 2. And Paschal is kind of a BPA pick as a really good run defender who can play inside and out.

WASHINGTON
11. Kyle Hamilton
47. Jahan Dotson

Dotson is a great route runner, and I thought he was the best WR on the board at 47. Didn't want to escape the first 2 rounds without a WR, and value matched need. Hamilton could be BPA at 11 and Washington could use a guy like that.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #97 on: April 23, 2022, 11:16:44 AM »
Another JO 3 round mock draft in the books.  Great job everyone! Very efficient.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #98 on: April 23, 2022, 02:31:00 PM »
Green Bay Packers

22. Daxton Hill - DB - Michigan
28. Treylon Burks - WR - Arkansas
53. Skyy Moore - WR - Western Michigan
59. Calvin Austin III - WR - Memphis
92. Nick Petit-Frere - OT - Ohio State

I do hate the Packers WR room entirely, so while I didn't mean to grab Austin at 59 after Moore at 53, I do think it's not the worst strategy to grab a bunch of guys and see if Rodgers can get any chemistry with them immediately. Ironically the smallest guy of the 3 drafted, Austin, might be the best fit on the outside anyway - at least in 2022.

I really like Dax Hill and the Packers have no safeties under contract for 2023, he can play nickel in 2022 and move back later.

Petit-Frere is really nice value at 92 and could slide in to the Packers OL immediately. Better than Billy Turner.

Philadelphia Eagles

15. Jordan Davis - DT - Georgia
18. Drake London - WR - USC
51. Tariq Woolen - CB - Texas-San Antonio
83. Bryan Cook - S - Cincinnati
101. Damone Clark - LB - LSU

Jordan Davis is just a Howie Roseman pick if he gets to 15. Huge and athletic, can move on from Fletcher Cox next year much more easily and learn from him this year. Even though QB is Hurts, I think a lot of the Eagles problems seem to be defensive and thought it would be best to focus there.

London adds the contested catch skillset and size that the rest of the Eagles' WR corps does not have at all.

Woolen might not be immediately ready to play but the Eagles have no one outside of Slay and he can compete to play off the bat.

Cook is a nice all-around kind of guy who can come in and safely start immediately even if he'll never be elite. Another spot where the Eagles are rather thin and a rookie could win a job easily.

Philadelphia doesn't value LB much at all but they've taken guys like Jordan Hicks in the third in the past. Clark is the kind of guy they look for as value in the mid-rounds, another potential immediate starter.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2022, 02:34:52 PM by Jumbo »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #99 on: April 23, 2022, 02:40:15 PM »
Damone Clark is likely going to miss all of 2022 but he’s not a bad redshirt pick.

Someone will get a nice stash player there.  Draft him and just put him on IR immediately.  Frees up a roster spot and a practice squad spot.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #100 on: April 23, 2022, 02:40:57 PM »
I’m interested to see where Ojabo and Clark go.

He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Tags: