Author Topic: The Search for WR1  (Read 9759 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: The Search for WR1
« Reply #60 on: April 20, 2022, 02:50:28 PM »
Zach Wilson loves throwing passes to cap space.  He's Idzik's GOAT QB.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #61 on: April 20, 2022, 02:50:56 PM »
Do it, JD.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #62 on: April 20, 2022, 03:07:09 PM »
It's like people don't realize that cap space has value just like draft picks.

I'm all for trading for Deebo but if it's the #4 pick and 25 million

What would make the Jets a better team. Deebo or whoever the best wideout in the draft is + say Jarvis Landry?

« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 03:09:15 PM by dcm1602 »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #63 on: April 20, 2022, 03:12:39 PM »
dcm's post give me peptic ulcers
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #64 on: April 20, 2022, 03:14:14 PM »
What would make the Jets a better team. Deebo or whoever the best wideout in the draft is + say Jarvis Landry?

Thank you for illustrating my point perfectly, dcm.

Jarvis Landry doesn't want to play for us.  He explicitly said so.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #65 on: April 20, 2022, 03:14:23 PM »
Is this the house of Italian Seafood?

DRAFT PICKS AND CAP SPACE ARE LOTTERY TICKETS

It's like this is an argument of convience

By this logic we shouldn't have traded Jamal Adams, we should've just paid him. Because cap space doesn't play defense
« Last Edit: April 20, 2022, 03:15:55 PM by dcm1602 »

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #66 on: April 20, 2022, 03:15:12 PM »
I have no problem paying him $25 million.  I have a problem giving up #4 and paying him $25 million.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #67 on: April 20, 2022, 03:21:56 PM »
I have no problem paying him $25 million.  I have a problem giving up #4 and paying him $25 million.
Exactly.

I'm willing to give up 10 and $25 million. That's about it though. And even that is a steep price to give. Obviously, cap space has value, and there's a chance the guy you take at 10 can be just as good as Deebo and a lot cheaper. But you don't KNOW that, and you're paying for the certainty. If it were that easy, then our Stephen Hill-Denzel Mims-Elijah Moore-Devin Smith foursome would be tearing up the NFL.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #68 on: April 20, 2022, 03:23:37 PM »
By this logic we shouldn't have traded Jamal Adams, we should've just paid him. Because cap space doesn't play defense

Jamal Adams was and is a queynte.  Had he not been a queynte, or had he even been just a somewhat smaller queynte, I would have been fine paying him.  As I was, before his full cuntitude was unveiled. 

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #69 on: April 20, 2022, 03:33:40 PM »
If you knew there was a prospect capable of doing what Deebo did last season, you'd take him at 4 and thank god he fell that far.
I'm sure Deebo would've loved running behind GVR
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #70 on: April 20, 2022, 03:41:47 PM »
You traded Jamal Adams because we got the king's ransom offer for him. We got two 1st-round picks plus additional picks. Sure, we got lucky that the Seahawks fell apart this year, but it was still as good an offer as could reasonably be asked for for a safety. Even with his jackassery, we got a fantastic offer.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #71 on: April 20, 2022, 03:44:11 PM »
You traded Jamal Adams because we got the king's ransom offer for him. We got two 1st-round picks plus additional picks. Sure, we got lucky that the Seahawks fell apart this year, but it was still as good an offer as could reasonably be asked for for a safety. Even with his jackassery, we got a fantastic offer.

@JosinaAnderson
·
11m
Meanwhile, my understanding is there's feeling currently* within the #Jets org that WR Deebo Samuel won't be moved at all, unless San Francisco gets a King's ransom, per league source

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2022, 03:58:36 PM »
Guys, if we don’t pay Deebo Samuel $25mil/year then we can roll that over into the next season’s salary cap and use it to not pay even better players!
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2022, 04:13:04 PM »
Guys, if we don’t pay Deebo Samuel $25mil/year then we can roll that over into the next season’s salary cap and use it to not pay even better players!

Lets just keep talking about fake signing allen robinson with our cap space every year rather than acquire a WR and actually use that space on them

You cant really leverage cap space into trades the way you can in the nba or mlb, so in that respect you cant say cap space or a 25 mil price tag holds any ‘value’ in a theoretical acquisition. The value of having cap space is to use that space on good players, especially if its used to surround your rookie contract qb with awesome talent

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2022, 04:13:50 PM »

The Jets rookie contracts are estimates to cost us more than the cap space we have available for this upcoming season

Not sure who is talking about rolling anything over

Wed literally have to take money from future years to sign Deebo

I'm all for trading for him, but let's not pretend we have 100 million in cap space, we don't

Tags: