Author Topic: The Search for WR1  (Read 9758 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: The Search for WR1
« Reply #45 on: April 20, 2022, 01:52:29 PM »
You do realize we just tried to trade 35, 38 and another pick for a star receiver literally less than a month ago.

The reality is the Jets are trying to get a stud receiver in the building. Deebo probably won't work out for a number of reasons, but if he is traded, the Jets are a frontrunner.

Oh i realize it...and if we can get him, great!  But it won't come at the cost of either of those 1st round picks....

And it also doesn't sound like SF has any interest in trading him.  So this could get drawn out well past the draft.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #46 on: April 20, 2022, 01:54:09 PM »
I know you want to get your hopes up, Mack.....so here's some free advice.  Don't.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #47 on: April 20, 2022, 01:54:48 PM »
I know you want to get your hopes up, Mack.....so here's some free advice.  Don't.
Damn, I thought I was the only SOJF left.

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #48 on: April 20, 2022, 01:55:07 PM »
Oh i realize it...and if we can get him, great!  But it won't come at the cost of either of those 1st round picks....

And it also doesn't sound like SF has any interest in trading him.  So this could get drawn out well past the draft.

The preference would be to hold on to 4 because we dont know which one of the stud DEs may be available at that pick

But there is nobody that we can get at 10 that would be better than any of DK, deebo, aj brown lol

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #49 on: April 20, 2022, 01:56:24 PM »
Damn, I thought I was the only SOJF left.

haha...i wouldn't consider myself SOJF.  I just don't see this happening for us. 

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #50 on: April 20, 2022, 01:58:10 PM »

But there is nobody that we can get at 10 that would be better than any of DK, deebo, aj brown lol

DK, AJB and Deebo were all 2nd round picks....nobody really knew how good they were at the time.  So you can probably take the same approach with the WRs in this draft as well.  The only difference is, you have 4 years to find out on a rookie contract.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #51 on: April 20, 2022, 02:01:44 PM »
DK, AJB and Deebo were all 2nd round picks....nobody really knew how good they were at the time.  So you can probably take the same approach with the WRs in this draft as well.  The only difference is, you have 4 years to find out on a rookie contract.
Or 2 years in the case of Mims.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #52 on: April 20, 2022, 02:19:06 PM »
I don't see it happening either because I think the 49ers try to smooth things over, and I don't think it happens before the draft. And if it doesn't happen before the draft, we'll probably take a WR at 10 and move on.

But if he is moved before the draft, I absolutely think the Jets have a shot. It's painfully obvious the Jets are trying to get a big-name receiver, and Deebo has actually been in this system before.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #53 on: April 20, 2022, 02:21:40 PM »
I don't see it happening either because I think the 49ers try to smooth things over, and I don't think it happens before the draft. And if it doesn't happen before the draft, we'll probably take a WR at 10 and move on.

But if he is moved before the draft, I absolutely think the Jets have a shot. It's painfully obvious the Jets are trying to get a big-name receiver, and Deebo has actually been in this system before.

Of course the Jets have a shot...but JD will get HIS price.  He's not selling the farm (4 or 10)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #54 on: April 20, 2022, 02:24:09 PM »
IG: JosinaAnderson
@JosinaAnderson
·
11m
Meanwhile, my understanding is there's feeling currently* within the #Jets org that WR Deebo Samuel won't be moved at all, unless San Francisco gets a King's ransom, per league source.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #55 on: April 20, 2022, 02:30:32 PM »
The 49ers are obviously a win now team so trading Deebo doesn't seem optimal for them.

Would including Davis in a potential trade offer somehow make any sense? Both contract and otherwise

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #56 on: April 20, 2022, 02:31:18 PM »
IG: JosinaAnderson
@JosinaAnderson
·
11m
Meanwhile, my understanding is there's feeling currently* within the #Jets org that WR Deebo Samuel won't be moved at all, unless San Francisco gets a King's ransom, per league source.

pass

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #57 on: April 20, 2022, 02:38:13 PM »
If you knew there was a prospect capable of doing what Deebo did last season, you'd take him at 4 and thank god he fell that far.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #58 on: April 20, 2022, 02:38:41 PM »
If you knew there was a prospect capable of doing what Deebo did last season, you'd take him at 4 and thank god he fell that far.

and not pay him $25 million a year.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #59 on: April 20, 2022, 02:42:15 PM »
and not pay him $25 million a year.

Oh who gives a excrement, really.  We've got a trunkload of cap space every year and every year the best free agents want nothing to do with us.  I'll cut CJ Mosley and Corey Davis next season and sign a $5 million linebacker and presto deebo, we're a substantially better team. 

Tags: