Author Topic: The Search for WR1  (Read 9724 times)

Cane

• Chad Pennington
Re: The Search for WR1
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2022, 11:50:23 AM »
I don’t think the 49ers would trade him after the draft, so there’s a tight clock on this one. I’m a big fan of Jameson Williams, Garrett Wilson, and others in this WR class, but I’d happily send 10 for a proven guy like Deebo or Brown. If I can pull it before the draft, I work to trade down and get value back on that #4 to somewhat make up for the traded pick.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2022, 11:57:55 AM »
I feel like Schefter might not be the best source at the moment.

This aged well.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2022, 11:58:34 AM »
I don’t think the 49ers would trade him after the draft, so there’s a tight clock on this one. I’m a big fan of Jameson Williams, Garrett Wilson, and others in this WR class, but I’d happily send 10 for a proven guy like Deebo or Brown. If I can pull it before the draft, I work to trade down and get value back on that #4 to somewhat make up for the traded pick.
That would be ideal.

I'm not sure if we would need to give up 10. We didn't need to give up 10 for Tyreek, though 35, 38 and another pick adds up to a mid-1st-round pick.

However, if the edge rusher we want is there at 4, it's hard to pass that up. Our two biggest needs at premium positions are edge and WR, and if we use 4 and 10 on KT and Deebo, and we would still have 35 and 38 to address other needs, that would be phenomenal.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2022, 12:13:44 PM »
We've gotta go get him. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2022, 12:18:30 PM »
FWIW, the Athletic's beat writer for the Niners says most of the interest seems to be from Houston.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2022, 12:18:52 PM »
It makes way too much sense not to get done, assuming the 49ers are willing to move him.

We're an AFC team. We have a relationship with the 49ers FO. We have the cap space. We have the draft picks. We run the same offensive system where he just blew up. We have a proven desire to go after a big-name WR.

Of course, is Deebo willing to play for us? Tyreek picked Miami over us.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2022, 12:22:55 PM »
It makes way too much sense not to get done, assuming the 49ers are willing to move him.

We're an AFC team. We have a relationship with the 49ers FO. We have the cap space. We have the draft picks. We run the same offensive system where he just blew up. We have a proven desire to go after a big-name WR.

Of course, is Deebo willing to play for us? Tyreek picked Miami over us.

Houston also is an AFC team, have the cap space, and have the draft picks. They also have no state income tax, so if he's only interested in chasing money (I have no idea if that's the case) then they might have a draw for him.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #22 on: April 20, 2022, 12:27:07 PM »
Houston also is an AFC team, have the cap space, and have the draft picks. They also have no state income tax, so if he's only interested in chasing money (I have no idea if that's the case) then they might have a draw for him.
Absolutely. You wonder if they are as motivated to give up the requisite picks because they seem further away from the Jets, ut if they want to get involved, they would certainly be competition in a bidding war.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #23 on: April 20, 2022, 12:32:35 PM »

Lovie Smith is a bum
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2022, 12:38:19 PM »
Davis Mills and that franchise vs Zach and a familiar system. I have little faith this will get done, but hey it's fun to dream.

Deebo would be pretty good at filling the "Deebo Samuel" role in this offense.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #25 on: April 20, 2022, 12:40:00 PM »

Deebo would be pretty good at filling the "Deebo Samuel" role in this offense.

Shoutout to Trevon Wesco for holding the fort in the Deebo Samuel role until now.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #26 on: April 20, 2022, 12:46:39 PM »
Ian Rapoport
@RapSheet
Money is not at the root of the issues for Deebo Samuel, otherwise that could be fixed with a big offer. But there are also issues with how he’s used.

sounds like someone doesn't like lining up in the backfield.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #27 on: April 20, 2022, 12:54:11 PM »

sounds like someone doesn't like lining up in the backfield.

we've got room for him at receiver
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #28 on: April 20, 2022, 12:56:52 PM »
we've got room for him at receiver

I'm sure JD will do his due dilligence and put in a competitive offer, but i bet Deebo goes elsewhere.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #29 on: April 20, 2022, 01:09:03 PM »
I think any team giving him $25M is going to expect him to play exactly how the freak they want him to. If his reason for wanting out is that he wants to dictate his role, I'd be nervous.

Tags: