Author Topic: Bold(ish) Draft Predictions 2022  (Read 2507 times)

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
Re: Bold(ish) Draft Predictions 2022
« Reply #15 on: April 12, 2022, 07:17:36 PM »
Nakobe Dean falls into the 2nd round and is available at the Jets' picks. We don't take him.

Unless we take one of his teammates, Devonate Wyatt, Lewis Cine, Quay Walker, I would absolutely be upset.

Also, I would lose my excrement if we had Dean on the board and passed at 35, only to take Chad Muma at 38.
Need a new one for a new board...

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #16 on: April 12, 2022, 07:31:54 PM »
My guesses

Top 3 in order: Hutchinson, Thibideaux, Neal

I predict 2 top ten trades one at 5 to beat the Panthers to the QB, and one at 10. I suspect Minnesota for Stingley or Philly to secure their edge rusher of choice.

Douglas trades down 2 times in the first two days, once at 10, and once at 38. I suspect he uses some of the additional capital to get up from 35 to the later 20's.

I expect the Jets to draft 2 Georgia Bulldogs, and 4 players from the senior bowl overall.

I predict more edges in round 1 than any other with 7 (Hutchinson, Thibideaux, Walker, Johnson, Karlaftis, Maye, Ebiketie) followed by 6 WRs (Wilson, London, Williams, Olave, Burks, Dotson) and 5 CBs (Sauce, Stingley, Booth, McDuffie, Elam).

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #17 on: April 22, 2022, 07:59:20 AM »
Draft savant Joe Douglas drops a bomb on JO by drafting Evan Neal at #4 and trading Becton to the highest bidder.

Not saying i want this to happen (i love Becton)....just a bold prediction.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #18 on: April 22, 2022, 08:11:17 AM »
Draft savant Joe Douglas drops a bomb on JO by drafting Evan Neal at #4 and trading Becton to the highest bidder.

Not saying i want this to happen (i love Becton)....just a bold prediction.

We aren't trading Becton this year.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #19 on: April 22, 2022, 08:42:47 AM »
We aren't trading Becton this year.

that's why my post is blanketed in boldness.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #20 on: April 22, 2022, 04:41:42 PM »
that's why my post is blanketed in boldness.

I will somewhat agree with you that, if Thib and Hutchinson are off the board before 4, I wouldn't be shocked to see Douglas take Ekwonu if he's there.  But not with the intent of trading Becton.  I don't think they'd take Neal if he's there, but I could be wrong.

The more I think about this, it's a virtual guarantee that one of our guards or tackles will miss several games this year.  Let's be real, excrement happens to us every year.  Ekwonu would get playing time this year, and probably a lot, maybe even at 2 different positions.  When 2023 rolls around, you have a lot more uncertainty at tackle.  Who knows what we have with Becton's health.  I'd like to think we can at least franchise tag Fant, but nothing's 100%.  Would be nice to have the guy in waiting already in house with some experience under his belt. 

Worst case, we draft Ekwonu at 4 and he sits the bench the whole year because everyone stayed healthy.  That's not the worst case for the team, just the value of the pick.

I'm not arguing for us to do it, but I'd understand.  I'd understand a whole lot less if Thib or Hutch is still available.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2022, 04:48:21 PM by bojanglesman »

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #21 on: April 22, 2022, 04:51:42 PM »
If we draft an offensive lineman to be a depth player all season, Douglas needs to be fired before the bye week.

He's said that he expected first and second rounders to be starters.  He's not drafting someone to fill in. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #22 on: April 22, 2022, 04:58:46 PM »
If we draft an offensive lineman to be a depth player all season, Douglas needs to be fired before the bye week.

He's said that he expected first and second rounders to be starters.  He's not drafting someone to fill in. 

I hope you're right.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #23 on: April 22, 2022, 06:24:34 PM »
There is no shot we draft an OL in the top 10 without trading Becton or Fant. No shot.

Day 2 is a different story. If they want to draft an OT as insurance for Becton injuries/Fant free agency, I'd be fine with that.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #24 on: April 22, 2022, 06:58:48 PM »
Day 2 is a different story. If they want to draft an OT as insurance for Becton injuries/Fant free agency, I'd be fine with that.

Tyler Smith if he slips.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #25 on: April 25, 2022, 06:50:57 PM »
We take Olave at 10.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #26 on: April 25, 2022, 06:54:20 PM »
Joe Douglas trades #10 and a 2023 3rd rounder for Justin Jefferson

Libero_2

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #27 on: April 25, 2022, 08:16:07 PM »
Joe Douglas trades #10 and a 2023 3rd rounder for Justin Jefferson

No idea what drugs you are on thinking this is even an option, but that’s a win unlike anything we can realistically expect

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #28 on: April 25, 2022, 08:33:06 PM »
No idea what drugs you are on thinking this is even an option, but that’s a win unlike anything we can realistically expect
Feel the boldness course thru your veins

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #29 on: April 26, 2022, 11:18:01 AM »
The Jets select Aidan Hutchinson at 4.

Tags: