Author Topic: OFFICIAL 2022 New York Yankees thread  (Read 17796 times)

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
Re: OFFICIAL 2022 New York Yankees thread
« Reply #150 on: August 11, 2022, 12:11:39 PM »
I have such little faith in this team going forward. I have no faith in the offense other than Judge and Stanton, with occasionally LeMahieu and Rizzo. The defense is extremely good, but there are so many holes in this lineup, and the Yankees don't have the top-end starting pitching, and the bullpen is showing a lot more holes.

I want to be optimistic, and I don't think anyone in the AL is all that amazing besides the Astros.

Well that’s weird, the stats say they’re by far the best offense in the league besides the Dodgers.

I wonder if this recent losing stretch they’ve been on has had anything to do with missing Rizzo and Stanton?
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #151 on: August 11, 2022, 12:23:52 PM »
The Yankees are 19-24 since June 24th.

Runs scored since June 24th:

1) LAD - 237
2) NYY - 231

3) TOR - 206
4) ATL - 199
5) HOU - 197

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #152 on: August 12, 2022, 08:56:18 AM »
Fourth best record in baseball behind the Dodgers, Mets and Asstros.  When's Stanton back from his hangnail ?

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #153 on: August 12, 2022, 05:57:03 PM »
Well that’s weird, the stats say they’re by far the best offense in the league besides the Dodgers.

I wonder if this recent losing stretch they’ve been on has had anything to do with missing Rizzo and Stanton?
I know they have a lot of injuries, but I have PTSD from the last few postseasons. If everyone is healthy come playoff time, we're clearly one of the top two teams in the AL. Carpenter is a big loss. Can he regain that form? We'll see. He was hitting at an elite level.

I would like to see them call up Peraza. With Carpenter gone, there's a roster spot open.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #154 on: August 13, 2022, 08:16:53 AM »
Other than service time manipulation, there's no reason Peraza shouldn't be on this roster. I don't hate IKF, but Peraza would be a significant upgrade.

I don't care if Donaldson is hitting better and has had success defensively, this team would be better with him out of the lineup and DJ at third every day. Rizzo, Torres, Peraza, DJ should be the starting infield right now.

I don't care if Bader can be a gold glove CF, trading Monty was one of Cashman's worst moves ever. Not just because this rotation stinks and he was a reliable arm, but also from a chemistry standpoint. But the stats don't cover chemistry so Cashman is unconcerned. Also, does this team have some kind of quota for outfielders on IL they have to meet?

Oh, also great job by this team pissing off Severino.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #155 on: August 13, 2022, 08:18:43 AM »
Somehow, I managed to turn the game on last night just in time for the final at bat. Perfect cherry to top off the excrement sundae.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #156 on: August 15, 2022, 09:41:04 AM »
Other than service time manipulation, there's no reason Peraza shouldn't be on this roster. I don't hate IKF, but Peraza would be a significant upgrade.

I don't care if Donaldson is hitting better and has had success defensively, this team would be better with him out of the lineup and DJ at third every day. Rizzo, Torres, Peraza, DJ should be the starting infield right now.

I don't care if Bader can be a gold glove CF, trading Monty was one of Cashman's worst moves ever. Not just because this rotation stinks and he was a reliable arm, but also from a chemistry standpoint. But the stats don't cover chemistry so Cashman is unconcerned. Also, does this team have some kind of quota for outfielders on IL they have to meet?

Oh, also great job by this team pissing off Severino.

Monty had such good chemistry with the offense that they scored 0 runs for him every time he pitched

I hated the Monty trade, but German has been serviceable so far. 2.61 ERA in 4 starts since his shelling by Houston his first start back. Of course Monty shut us down and had an 8 K start this past weekend, but this has been a pretty lateral move so far. He’s been fine for a 5th starter.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #157 on: August 15, 2022, 09:47:43 AM »
They’re clearly saving their bullets for the stretch run/postseason.

Pushed back the timeline for Sevvy, slow ramp up for Giancarlo. Nothing else matters other than those guys being healthy for the postseason.

They’re keeping guys like Clarke Schmidt and Ron Marinaccio in the minors so they can let guys like Luetge and Albert Abreu occupy replaceable roster spots and eat up less important August innings. We have better options but we’re talking about guys with a 2.91 and 2.75 ERA as your last 2 guys out of the bullpen. That’s insane. They probably won’t even make the playoff roster. We also have Britton and Miguel Castro coming back

No excuse for Peraza not to be up in the majors other than the idea that he needs to play SS every day. Yankees lose that excuse when the minor league season ends in a few weeks.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2022, 09:50:46 AM by SixFeetDeep »

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #158 on: August 16, 2022, 08:40:36 AM »
The Yankees are 19-24 since June 24th.

Runs scored since June 24th:

1) LAD - 237
2) NYY - 231

3) TOR - 206
4) ATL - 199
5) HOU - 197

“ Yankees starters have a 2.66 ERA in the last 7 games. That is tied with the White Sox for the 4th lowest in MLB in that span. The bullpen has a 2.61 ERA, which is the 5th lowest.

The offense has 17 runs scored (4th lowest) and a .186 AVG (tied for the 2nd lowest with MIL).”

Great

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #159 on: August 16, 2022, 12:42:22 PM »
Offense has far too many black holes right now.

When healthy, it will be a lot better, but let's hope they can be healthy and productive come October.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #160 on: August 16, 2022, 07:56:55 PM »

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #161 on: August 17, 2022, 08:03:56 PM »
Monty had such good chemistry with the offense that they scored 0 runs for him every time he pitched

I hated the Monty trade, but German has been serviceable so far. 2.61 ERA in 4 starts since his shelling by Houston his first start back. Of course Monty shut us down and had an 8 K start this past weekend, but this has been a pretty lateral move so far. He’s been fine for a 5th starter.

The chemistry thing was with Taillon and the shitty way they didn't give him any indication he was on his way out until they told him he was gone. Plus his wife making career-setting plans in NY that are now up in the air.

Yes, it's a business. And yes, money talks. But it's time to stop acting like guys are robots. Things like this haven't hurt the Yankees in the past. They had the history and they spent more than everyone else. Now other teams are spending more, and the Yankees' championship history is getting smaller in the rearview every year.

They’re clearly saving their bullets for the stretch run/postseason.

Pushed back the timeline for Sevvy, slow ramp up for Giancarlo. Nothing else matters other than those guys being healthy for the postseason.

They’re keeping guys like Clarke Schmidt and Ron Marinaccio in the minors so they can let guys like Luetge and Albert Abreu occupy replaceable roster spots and eat up less important August innings. We have better options but we’re talking about guys with a 2.91 and 2.75 ERA as your last 2 guys out of the bullpen. That’s insane. They probably won’t even make the playoff roster. We also have Britton and Miguel Castro coming back

No excuse for Peraza not to be up in the majors other than the idea that he needs to play SS every day. Yankees lose that excuse when the minor league season ends in a few weeks.

Pushing back Sevy is good. Not saying anything to him before "Surprise, you're on the 60-day IL" is not. Again, there's a human side to the game.

I'm all for resting Stanton, but losing is as contagious as winning. And this team is getting really good at losing. Fortunately, it looks like Stanton will be back next week. He has been missed.

Good point regarding the pen guys. Let the kids get "easy" work in SWB and have them ready for the postseason. (Though Marinaccio is back now.)

“ Yankees starters have a 2.66 ERA in the last 7 games. That is tied with the White Sox for the 4th lowest in MLB in that span. The bullpen has a 2.61 ERA, which is the 5th lowest.

The offense has 17 runs scored (4th lowest) and a .186 AVG (tied for the 2nd lowest with MIL).”

Great

Brutal. I'm hoping Florial and/or Cabrera provide the spark I was hoping for from Andujar. Though Cabrera will probably go back down if DJ rejoins the lineup tomorrow.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #162 on: August 18, 2022, 12:41:19 AM »
If ever they needed a big swing out of a struggling player.

Also Boone can try and justify pinch hitting IKF for Hicks all he wants-give me a freaking break.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #163 on: August 18, 2022, 06:39:43 AM »
Needed that one.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #164 on: August 18, 2022, 09:40:40 AM »
I still hate Josh Donaldson but that was big. Hopefully, that's the "spark."

Tags: