Author Topic: Travel/Vacation advice  (Read 71635 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Re: Travel/Vacation advice
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2014, 10:02:24 AM »
Right, it just showed up. Not like it isn't your MO.

Not everything is his fault (just most things).

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2014, 10:02:29 AM »

You're in luck.  I think i see a salty ham sammich next to the Baby Ruth.

My wife made sweet potato ham buscuits the other day.  It was a thing of beauty. BEAUTY!

klaximilian

« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2014, 10:05:22 AM »
Not everything is his fault (just most things).

I operate under the assumption that they are.

No avatar for me, thanks.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2014, 10:24:15 AM »
Right, it just showed up. Not like it isn't your MO.

I wish I did...now that i know it bothers you.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

klaximilian

« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2014, 10:36:11 AM »

I don't want an avatar. It was quite simple to remove it, so it didn't bother me. Thanks.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2014, 10:38:34 AM »
Most of the great places to eat that aren't too far away are going to be on Johns Island. 

Wild Olive is one of the best restaurants in that area.  It's probably about 25 minutes from Kiawah.  A reservation might be a good idea.  It's not too expensive either.

I don't know if Crave is still on Johns Island, but it's awesome too.  It's more of a brunch place though.

Chez Fish is the seafood place to go out there.  I don't think it's as good as the places you'll find downtown Charleston or on the Isle of Palms (where I used to live), but it's still good. 

And for beers, there's a Red's Icehouse at Bohicket Marina that I used to go to all the time.  You'll get better food at other places, but Red's has a great view and cheap drinks and apps. 

If you decide to go into Charleston, let me know and I'll recommend two or three places there.  Some of the best restaurants in the world. 
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 10:40:13 AM by Heismanberg »
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #21 on: February 07, 2014, 11:01:46 AM »

Give him this one:

<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

IATA

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #22 on: February 07, 2014, 11:04:50 AM »
Canadian continental breakfast:

you can tell this is an AMERICAN continental breakfeast. Canada has no Gardettos, Famous Amos or Grandmas brand. In canada it would be full of chips of every disgusting flavor you can imagine: ketchup, all dressed, extreme dill and other assorted trash.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #23 on: February 07, 2014, 11:24:45 AM »
Most of the great places to eat that aren't too far away are going to be on Johns Island. 

Wild Olive is one of the best restaurants in that area.  It's probably about 25 minutes from Kiawah.  A reservation might be a good idea.  It's not too expensive either.

I don't know if Crave is still on Johns Island, but it's awesome too.  It's more of a brunch place though.

Chez Fish is the seafood place to go out there.  I don't think it's as good as the places you'll find downtown Charleston or on the Isle of Palms (where I used to live), but it's still good. 

And for beers, there's a Red's Icehouse at Bohicket Marina that I used to go to all the time.  You'll get better food at other places, but Red's has a great view and cheap drinks and apps. 

If you decide to go into Charleston, let me know and I'll recommend two or three places there.  Some of the best restaurants in the world. 

Thanks man.  I'll probably venture up to Charleston at some point while I'm there.  I was there a couple of years ago for a conference.  I ate like a fat boy.  I went to Anson Restaurant and they had the largest freaking flounder I've ever seen in my life.  freaking thing was hanging off the edges of the plate.  Looked like Snacks Harrison in a bikini, except delicious and only the cajun version was black.  I can't remember the other places I went, but I must've gained 10 lbs in 2 days.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #24 on: February 07, 2014, 11:33:18 AM »
Thanks man.  I'll probably venture up to Charleston at some point while I'm there.  I was there a couple of years ago for a conference.  I ate like a fat boy.  I went to Anson Restaurant and they had the largest freaking flounder I've ever seen in my life.  freaking thing was hanging off the edges of the plate.  Looked like Snacks Harrison in a bikini, except delicious and only the cajun version was black.  I can't remember the other places I went, but I must've gained 10 lbs in 2 days.

No problem

Anson's is ballin

Go to The Grocery or McCrady's this time. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #25 on: February 07, 2014, 03:05:39 PM »
Give him this one:

this one is a little more accurate.

Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #26 on: February 07, 2014, 03:12:38 PM »
This will add nothing to the conversation, but I love stuffed flounder.

Tommy

• Mark Gastineau
  • I don't get it
« Reply #27 on: February 07, 2014, 09:24:53 PM »
Speaking of vacations, anyone here been to Sydney? Just got here and I haven't a clue what to do or where to go.
"Wrong!"

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2014, 09:26:51 PM »
Speaking of vacations, anyone here been to Sydney? Just got here and I haven't a clue what to do or where to go.

Are the olympics still in town?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #29 on: February 07, 2014, 09:27:24 PM »

Yes, I went there quite a few years ago. We actually got engaged on the cliffs overlooking Coogee Bay. Fucked if I know where to go, but I know some people out there - I can ask on Facebook for you if you like.
A cross-dressing limey poofter