Author Topic: The All American Automotive Thread  (Read 40917 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: The All American Automotive Thread
« Reply #300 on: March 09, 2024, 12:33:33 PM »
How else would I be able to LARP Robin Hood on my own property?
Good point
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #301 on: March 11, 2024, 01:14:02 PM »
Based on my Internet research, rodents go under the hood for warmth, so they don't tend to sit on hot parts of the engine.  They find warm spots and chew what's near that.  They are just sharpening their teeth. That wire is on the top part of the engine and it sits right next to the air filter housing which is plastic and likely not hot.  It's easy for them to get to.  Most of the other wires are deeper in the engine and would require some climbing for them. 

I wrapped the crap out of it with electrical tape.  I plan on getting some mesh tape too, but it'll be a war of attrition.  They can get through whatever I put in there, but I'll try to make it tough enough to where they maybe just decide it isn't worth it.

Maybe try putting a coating of hot sauce on the wires. Rodents can't stand hot sauce. It's not harmful, they just don't like the taste.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #302 on: March 11, 2024, 01:17:20 PM »
Maybe try putting a coating of hot sauce on the wires. Rodents can't stand hot sauce. It's not harmful, they just don't like the taste.

I'm thinking about wiping some teriyaki pepperoni on it.  Starving rats won't eat that excrement.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #303 on: March 11, 2024, 06:50:59 PM »
Update:  when I was filling my gas tank, I noticed gas leaking from the tank once it was about full.  Those freaking squirrels.  I know it was them.  I'm going to have my truck dipped in ghost peppers to teach those fuckers a lesson.