Author Topic: 2022 Championship Weekend  (Read 1731 times)

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
Re: 2022 Championship Weekend
« Reply #45 on: January 29, 2023, 09:41:44 PM »
Was the officiating as bad as people are saying?

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #46 on: January 29, 2023, 10:52:07 PM »
I don't think there was anything egregious, just that the calls were at extremely inopportune times for the losing team.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2023, 12:16:58 AM »
They called a PI on the Bengals that I thought was a horrendous call but they ended up punting. And then Burrow got called for grounding when he had a guy in the area and he was possibly roughed in the pocket which I also thought was a terrible call. But…they got a 1st down on the next play. The roughing the passer at the end of the game seemed like a legit call though. Mahomes was out of bounds.

I only saw the last 10 minutes of the game mind you.

insanity

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2023, 08:10:39 AM »
They called a PI on the Bengals that I thought was a horrendous call but they ended up punting. And then Burrow got called for grounding when he had a guy in the area and he was possibly roughed in the pocket which I also thought was a terrible call. But…they got a 1st down on the next play. The roughing the passer at the end of the game seemed like a legit call though. Mahomes was out of bounds.

I only saw the last 10 minutes of the game mind you.
I feel bad for ossai.  Not sure what he was supposed to do there.  He's sprinting as fast as possible to make sure Patty gets out of bounds and as soon as he does he pulls up and ossai hits him.  It even looked like he was trying to brace himself with his right forearm and not push him

I'm not a fan of refs deciding games, I say bad call.

guinness77

• Shaun Ellis
  • Honkey chops
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2023, 12:04:20 PM »
I feel bad for ossai.  Not sure what he was supposed to do there.  He's sprinting as fast as possible to make sure Patty gets out of bounds and as soon as he does he pulls up and ossai hits him.  It even looked like he was trying to brace himself with his right forearm and not push him

I didn’t love the call myself, but considering the other bullshit they were calling (and some pretty obvious block in the back they missed too) they were 100% calling that.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2023, 12:06:17 PM »

It's the right call given the rules.  He made no attempt to slow up and had zero situational awareness.  He even said so himself.  He didn't know where he was on the field and he didn't know Mahomes was out of bounds. 

It sucks that it decided the game, but it's a legitimate flag. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #51 on: January 31, 2023, 08:21:55 AM »
Is it just me, or is it insane that the 49ers went into a game to go the Super Bowl with just Brock Purdy and Josh Johnson on the roster?

What is the rule even? No emergency QB?

I get that anytime you’re down to 3rd string QB you’re fucked, but at least they would have had someone with the ability to complete passes
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #52 on: January 31, 2023, 08:32:25 AM »
Is it just me, or is it insane that the 49ers went into a game to go the Super Bowl with just Brock Purdy and Josh Johnson on the roster?

What is the rule even? No emergency QB?

I get that anytime you’re down to 3rd string QB you’re fucked, but at least they would have had someone with the ability to complete passes

I think they were banking on Jimmy G being available for the Super Bowl as the 3rd QB, but that blew up in their face.  Honestly, I don't know that it would have made a lot of difference even if they had a 3rd QB, but they would have at least had a chance.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #53 on: January 31, 2023, 08:52:16 AM »

Tags: