Author Topic: 2022 MLB Season!  (Read 9084 times)

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
Re: 2022 MLB Season!
« Reply #60 on: April 28, 2022, 12:28:39 PM »
Far from me to ever take up for the Mets (and I'm definitely not starting a thread for them this season because freak that dumpster fire), but Arenado was so out of line yesterday in his reaction to being buzzed it was absurd.

Loved Buck's reaction. "Our player got hit in the head and took first base." Damn straight.

You HAD to know you were getting buzzed there after Davis got hit given what happened the night before you absolute fool. Govern your actions accordingly. 

Gorilla

• Gary's Vaynerchuk
  • Vinny Testaverde
« Reply #61 on: April 28, 2022, 04:56:14 PM »
Far from me to ever take up for the Mets (and I'm definitely not starting a thread for them this season because freak that dumpster fire), but Arenado was so out of line yesterday in his reaction to being buzzed it was absurd.

Loved Buck's reaction. "Our player got hit in the head and took first base." Damn straight.

You HAD to know you were getting buzzed there after Davis got hit given what happened the night before you absolute fool. Govern your actions accordingly.

Always been a fan of Buck, consummate pro. A little bummed to see him spending his golden years slumming in Flushing.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2022, 02:23:00 PM »
Bleacher Report
@BleacherReport
·
8m
Trevor Bauer receives 324-game suspension for violating MLB’s Joint Domestic Violence, Sexual Assault, and Child Abuse Policy after an investigation into allegations of sexual assault
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

d sw0rdz

• Shaun Ellis
  • I'm Chad Pennington
« Reply #63 on: May 01, 2022, 09:31:14 PM »
both NY teams playing great ball so far this year. love to see it

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #64 on: May 01, 2022, 10:02:05 PM »
both NY teams playing great ball so far this year. love to see it
FWIW as a Yankees fan this is the best I've felt about the Mets in a long time, even before the season began.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #65 on: May 01, 2022, 10:10:29 PM »
FWIW as a Yankees fan this is the best I've felt about the Mets in a long time, even before the season began.
Do Yankees fans generally want the Mets to suck, or is it more like the Giants and Jets where both are more concerned about division and conference rivals and mostly don't care about each other?
A cross-dressing limey poofter

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #67 on: May 02, 2022, 08:53:08 AM »
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #68 on: May 02, 2022, 09:40:08 AM »
Do Yankees fans generally want the Mets to suck, or is it more like the Giants and Jets where both are more concerned about division and conference rivals and mostly don't care about each other?

I think Mets fans, myself included, generally believe that the Yankees represent everything wrong in the world, and Yankee fans tend to view the Mets with a combination of pity and ridicule. Baseball is definitely more fun when both teams are good, though.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #69 on: May 02, 2022, 10:48:42 PM »
he was doing the same thing to Gerrit Cole, but to his poopchute and not his leg.
No, he was dry humping his BJ teammate's leg.  BJs be BJs.
https://www.reddit.com/r/Torontobluejays/comments/ufjc0m/vladdy_being_vladdy_ft_teos_leg/

Quote from: Johnny English
Quote from: ons
I think Mets fans, myself included, generally believe that the Yankees represent everything wrong in the world, and Yankee fans tend to view the Mets with a combination of pity and ridicule. Baseball is definitely more fun when both teams are good, though.
Mets are very good and for real.  Tonight I watched the Yanks beat the BJs in Toronto. With reference to the Q & A above:

Yankees Stadium: you will not hear "Mets suck!" at e.g. a Yankee/White Sox game.

Citi Field: you WILL hear Mets fans chanting "Yankees suck! Yankees suck!" during games where the Yankees aren't even around.  Translation: rent-free.

https://twitter.com/TalkinYanks/status/1520588505705070592

Yankees Stadium: home team in timeless, no player's names unis.

Citi Field: MR. & MRS. MET!!

#envy

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #70 on: May 03, 2022, 07:32:19 AM »
I *want* to like the Mets but my support of them evaporates quickly when their fans stray from celebrating their own success and start the little brother excrement. I'll admit by the end of 2015 I wasn't really pulling for them anymore.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #71 on: May 03, 2022, 01:08:01 PM »
Perhaps I'm guilty of being entirely un-objective or looking through this with green tinted glasses, but I find that Mets fans have WAYYY worse little brother syndrome then Jets fans. Jets fans for example largely rooted for the Giants against the Pats in those Super Bowls. I recall even in the glory days of the Braves-Mets rivalry in 99 Mets fans rooting for Atlanta, and even more recently Mets fans rooting for the freaking Phillies in 09. Gross. A blatant betrayal of our shared city if you ask me.

I actually like to see the Mets do well, I felt good for my brethren here on the Island when Suffolk County at least was blue and orange in 2015 for their world series appearance. And as hokey as he is-I love Mr. Met. Its literally a baseball in a Mets jersey, a sensible mascot especially compared to that dumbass Fanatic down the parkway. I'm a yuge Buck guy which makes having a passive interest in seeing them do well even easier.

Plus, after my first 1L final, my then girlfriend, now wife surprised me with tickets to that evenings game at Citi between the Yanks and the Mets. Raphael Montero was supposed to start for the Mets. Instead, Montero gets scratched, and while chowing down on some Shake Shack I'm watching the Mets starter warm up in the pen, notice the size and smooth delivery and go "woah who the freak is this guy, why hasn't there been any pub on him?!"  It was DeGrom's first start. I've always taken an interest in his career since then because you'd have to be a freaking moron not to see it coming.

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #72 on: May 03, 2022, 06:07:28 PM »
The Mets are my least hated of the other New York teams.

I hate the Rangers, but they're Devils' division rivals.

I don't like the Knicks, but it's more pity than hate. When they made the playoffs last year, it was kind of cute getting all their hopes up again, and it was absolutely hilarious watching Trae Young steal their souls.

I don't like the Giants. I root against them in general, but I don't care that much. My take on the Giants is I just want them to be worse than the Jets. I also don't like the Eagles, and Dallas and Washington are hard to root for, too. Giants fans act like they are holier than thou.

All I want with the Mets is for them to be worse than the Yankees. I don't even really root against them. I just want them to be worse than the Yankees because as Badger said, their little brother complex becomes insufferable when they're good. But even in 2015, I didn't really root against them. I didn't really care.

The Yankees are also the only team I root for that is clearly big brother, so that may warp my other feelings.

delavan

• Shaun Ellis

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #74 on: May 15, 2022, 03:42:18 PM »
And the Reds pull an Andy Hawkins and lose a game in which they no hit their opponent.

Tags: