Author Topic: 2022 Senior Bowl  (Read 9901 times)

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
Re: 2022 Senior Bowl
« Reply #105 on: January 28, 2022, 08:42:53 AM »
Brian Costello
@BrianCoz
·
27s
Robert Saleh selects  TE coach Ron Middleton to be the head coach at the Senior Bowl. New setup this year means Saleh is an advisor. QB coach Rob Calabrese will be OC. LBs coach Mike Rutenberg will be DC.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #106 on: January 28, 2022, 09:36:18 AM »
Brian Costello
@BrianCoz
·
27s
Robert Saleh selects  TE coach Ron Middleton to be the head coach at the Senior Bowl. New setup this year means Saleh is an advisor. QB coach Rob Calabrese will be OC. LBs coach Mike Rutenberg will be DC.

Pretty cool.

So Saleh, LaFleur, and Ulbrich will just be evaluating talent with Douglas and his scouts.
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #107 on: January 28, 2022, 09:57:02 AM »
Pretty cool.

So Saleh, LaFleur, and Ulbrich will just be evaluating talent with Douglas and his scouts.

bring us all the talent
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #108 on: January 28, 2022, 10:28:58 AM »
That's pretty awesome.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

reuben

• Al Toon
  • Hello, my name is Reuben.
« Reply #109 on: January 28, 2022, 02:27:42 PM »
Brian Costello
@BrianCoz
·
27s

Is it racist if I'm rooting for Ronny to get us a compensatory draft pick in the next few years?  It feels kinda racist. 

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #110 on: January 28, 2022, 02:29:31 PM »
Is it racist if I'm rooting for Ronny to get us a compensatory draft pick in the next few years?  It feels kinda racist.
But wouldn't it be more racist to root against his success?

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #111 on: January 28, 2022, 02:31:59 PM »

two future 3rd round draft picks > fake racism

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #112 on: January 28, 2022, 02:37:26 PM »

No, not at all. It's the system working as intended - making sure that coaches of colour are given every opportunity to succeed.

No football team is going to promote a subpar coach to a position of responsibility because it might get them future picks, because if he's subpar then a) he's going to make their team worse and b) no one's going to recruit him away.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

reuben

• Al Toon
« Reply #113 on: January 28, 2022, 02:39:10 PM »
But wouldn't it be more racist to root against his success?

Certainly.  I would be rooting for Ron regardless of skin color and even if the minority coach compensation hadn't been put in effect.  But the fact that it's out there makes me want it, and sees Middleton as our best current chance to get it, and that feels a bit icky.   

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #114 on: January 28, 2022, 02:41:04 PM »
Certainly.  I would be rooting for Ron regardless of skin color and even if the minority coach compensation hadn't been put in effect.  But the fact that it's out there makes me want it, and sees Middleton as our best current chance to get it, and that feels a bit icky.   

a few beers, and you'll be fine. 

reuben

• Al Toon
« Reply #115 on: January 28, 2022, 02:42:36 PM »
a few beers, and you'll be fine. 

The cause of and solution to!

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #116 on: January 28, 2022, 02:46:30 PM »
The cause of and solution to!

just find your "inner pub"....like our friend JE over here.

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #117 on: January 28, 2022, 03:27:06 PM »

I would feel gross rooting for his success on a transactional basis due to his skin color.

He did a great job when he had to step in and coached for us so I hope he finds more success.
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #118 on: January 28, 2022, 03:36:14 PM »
We should hire all black/minority coaches to rig the system.  No white guys.  Not that anyone would want to hire anything of ours as a head coach.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #119 on: January 28, 2022, 03:48:49 PM »
We should hire all black/minority coaches to rig the system.  No white guys.  Not that anyone would want to hire anything of ours as a head coach.

At the risk of doing a Deadspin I would say that 12 of our 23 coaching staff are non white, which seems pretty representative to me.

https://www.newyorkjets.com/team/coaches-roster/
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: