Author Topic: JO Mock Discussion  (Read 53003 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: JO Mock Discussion
« Reply #135 on: February 10, 2014, 10:44:41 PM »
Sir 4 President
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Jumbo

• Shaun Ellis
  • Loggase forever
« Reply #136 on: February 10, 2014, 11:25:12 PM »
Sorry JFIF, but there is no way the Bucs are taking a first round QB, even if it is JFF

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2014, 11:27:00 PM »
I actually really like the pick.

It'll be interesting to see what Tampa Bay does.  Mike Glennon's support system isn't there anymore.  He played alright as a rookie, but if Smith and Tedford want to bring in their guy, they could definitely go for a QB high.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
  • Head Bent over, Raised Up Posterior
« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2014, 11:28:14 PM »
Sorry JFIF, but there is no way the Bucs are taking a first round QB, even if it is JFF

And there's no way the raiders take Jake Matthews with those QBs on the board and when they're about to resign Veldheer.

The board shaked out pretty odd. Only 1 QB taken through the first 6 picks..

Tampa bay's defense is already pretty stacked. They need another DE maybe but other than that they're loaded. They do need help on the O line, but there was too much talent at other positions to reach

« Last Edit: February 10, 2014, 11:33:21 PM by Heismanberg »

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #139 on: February 10, 2014, 11:31:48 PM »
This has been a funky draft so far

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #140 on: February 10, 2014, 11:33:34 PM »
Don't mention undrafted players brah

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #141 on: February 10, 2014, 11:35:13 PM »
Don't mention undrafted players brah

my bad, i forgot the protocol

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #142 on: February 10, 2014, 11:37:55 PM »
This has been a funky draft so far

You're welcome

WW85

• Lord El-Ray
  • Laveranues Coles
« Reply #143 on: February 11, 2014, 05:44:12 AM »
Bills get EJ a weapon. I don't think Jet fans will be happy having Ebron in the AFC East

I had another option I was strongly considering, but decided to help out Manuel, the same way Geno needs help.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #144 on: February 11, 2014, 07:02:42 AM »
You're welcome

your Robinson pick completely sent this draft into another direction.

no way in hell they take him in RL...not while Duane Brown is still under contract and their need for a QB/chance to pair up Clowney with Watt,  but it makes for an interesting mock

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #145 on: February 11, 2014, 07:45:22 AM »
And there's no way the raiders take Jake Matthews with those QBs on the board and when they're about to resign Veldheer.

Honestly, if I had watched more tape of Bortles or Manziel and was convinced that they were going to be elite, I could have easily taken either one, but at this point I think the Raiders need low-bust-potential picks in as many places as possible. Matthews was hard to pass up - even if Veldheer is resigned and healthy, Tony Pashos and Khalif Barnes are also aging free agents who didn't play well last year. Unless the Raiders do a ton of retooling before the draft, I don't want to drop a top QB prospect into an offense with that line and those weapons.

JFIF

• Shaun Ellis
« Reply #146 on: February 11, 2014, 07:52:29 AM »
Honestly, if I had watched more tape of Bortles or Manziel and was convinced that they were going to be elite, I could have easily taken either one, but at this point I think the Raiders need low-bust-potential picks in as many places as possible. Matthews was hard to pass up - even if Veldheer is resigned and healthy, Tony Pashos and Khalif Barnes are also aging free agents who didn't play well last year. Unless the Raiders do a ton of retooling before the draft, I don't want to drop a top QB prospect into an offense with that line and those weapons.

the raiders have a ton of money, so they could resign Veldheer and dump some money into that line.

Again, just alone the fact they resign Veldheer means what happens...you move Matthews to RT? (a waste). You pay a bunch of money to Veldheer to move him to RT? (again..seems like a waste). I get the premise about lack of line/weapons, but LT is one of the positions they're strong at and by all accounts they're working out a deal right now with Veldheer.

it's your pick, so by all means...Just didn't make much sense to me. I probably would have taken Robinson or Matthews if they were available for the Bucs, but the way they board oddly churned out there was surprising talent left.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #147 on: February 11, 2014, 08:00:27 AM »
^ I wouldn't consider investing in your oline a waste. Especially when you can land a possible elite prospect that is versatile enough to play both sides of the line at the Tackle position.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

ons

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #148 on: February 11, 2014, 08:05:51 AM »
I don't personally see having two good to great tackles as a waste, especially with one of them on a rookie contract. Considering their lack of overall talent and losing a lot of free agents on both sides of the trenches, I prioritized low bust potential/bpa over almost any positional consideration.

I get your point, though, it was a difficult call for me to make. Again, if I loved one of the quarterbacks I would've taken them.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #149 on: February 11, 2014, 08:06:49 AM »
^ I wouldn't consider investing in your oline a waste. Especially when you can land a possible elite prospect that is versatile enough to play both sides of the line at the Tackle position.

It is when you're passing up QBs and elite receivers and TEs that you really, really need. Matthews to the Raiders with the fifth overall pick is a vanity move that the Raiders can't afford.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Tags: