Author Topic: Unofficial ‘21-22 Yankees Offseason thread  (Read 15886 times)

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
Re: Unofficial ‘21-22 Yankees Offseason thread
« Reply #91 on: November 29, 2021, 06:17:38 AM »
I didn't want Semien, but it looks like he's headed to Texas. What's Cashman's play this winter? "We tried to sign someone, but the market was dry. Urshela to SS, DJLM to third, Voit at first."

Before anyone starts, my preference is Story. Next would be Seager, but I worry about injuries. Though I saw a suggestion that Gregorius might be available, which I would be all for as a stopgap till one of the MiLB guys is ready.
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #92 on: November 29, 2021, 10:00:42 AM »

Before anyone starts, my preference is Story. Next would be Seager, but I worry about injuries. Though I saw a suggestion that Gregorius might be available, which I would be all for as a stopgap till one of the MiLB guys is ready.

TBH all 3 of those guys should be considered only stopgaps at SS for us.

mj2sexay

• Jorkin My Peanits
  • Shaun Ellis
  • ze/zerrrrr
« Reply #93 on: November 29, 2021, 10:01:08 AM »
I didn't want Semien, but it looks like he's headed to Texas. What's Cashman's play this winter? "We tried to sign someone, but the market was dry. Urshela to SS, DJLM to third, Voit at first."

I've said it from the beginning, I really think Cash is going to try to reel in a stopgap like an Andrelton Simmons for a year until the kids are ready. I don't think we'll be aggressive on Story, Seager or Correia.

I'd have been a lot cooler with this strategy if it also resulted in a new pricy center fielder who will now be plying his trade across town, but I'm still ok with it provided they spend big to upgrade the bridge to Chappy, the rotation and first base.

SixFeetDeep

• Global Moderator
  • Don Maynard
  • uttah disastuh
« Reply #94 on: November 29, 2021, 11:02:27 AM »

Huh? Correa, Seager, Story, and Baez all available. Cashman’s play is not bidding against himself. Who are the suitors for the top guys right now?

Siemien is by far the worst defensively out of all of them and he’s 5 years older than Correa/Seager.
My dad always says he's undefeated at tailgating

Maybe it's not I who doesn't know what he's talking about

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #95 on: November 29, 2021, 11:38:07 AM »
Huh? Correa, Seager, Story, and Baez all available. Cashman’s play is not bidding against himself. Who are the suitors for the top guys right now?

Siemien is by far the worst defensively out of all of them and he’s 5 years older than Correa/Seager.

Siemien won a gold glove this year, playing a different position.  His age was his only concern.
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #96 on: November 29, 2021, 11:44:22 AM »
https://twitter.com/RiverAveBlues/status/1465371811412168712

Pretty much how I'm feeling. Toronto is probably better on paper than the Yankees right now. Tampa Bay is always better, regardless of their roster. And Boston was better last season. You would think there would be a sense of urgency, but nah.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #97 on: November 29, 2021, 11:53:09 AM »

Pretty much how I'm feeling. Toronto is probably better on paper than the Yankees right now. Tampa Bay is always better, regardless of their roster. And Boston was better last season. You would think there would be a sense of urgency, but nah.

we have holes in the INF and in the bullpen still.  Lots of work to do.
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

Derek Smalls

• Mark Gastineau
« Reply #98 on: November 29, 2021, 12:06:12 PM »
we have holes in the INF and in the bullpen still.  Lots of work to do.
Blue Jays were already better last season though. Just couldn't win the close games.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
« Reply #99 on: November 29, 2021, 01:25:59 PM »
Blue Jays were already better last season though. Just couldn't win the close games.

our bullpen was garbage

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #100 on: November 29, 2021, 02:32:35 PM »

I'm not big on Baez and I don't want Correa.

Who's pitching next year?
Teams that draft well do so no matter where they pick. Teams that draft poorly do so no matter where they pick I want my team to win games and draft well

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #101 on: November 29, 2021, 02:33:53 PM »

Yup. Hal's trying to figure out how he can pay less in salary.

Boss George is rolling in his grave today at the headlines coming from across the Triboro.

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #102 on: November 30, 2021, 09:28:18 PM »
They tendered contracts to all eligible players. So, for now at least, El Gary, Luke, and Andujar are still Yankees.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

AlioTheFool

• Administrator
  • Al Toon
  • All Gas. No Brake.
« Reply #104 on: December 01, 2021, 09:06:41 PM »
Yankees playing 4D chess.

"Not signing anyone you say? Not playing next year we say!"

Tags: