Author Topic: The All American Automotive Thread  (Read 40876 times)

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
Re: The All American Automotive Thread
« Reply #272 on: May 30, 2023, 07:12:34 PM »
Waaaaah I'm scared of  talking to people why can't I just do it over text or on a website and I'll pay whatever you ask as long as I don't have to interact with anyone
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #273 on: May 30, 2023, 08:00:18 PM »
Waaaaah I'm scared of  talking to people why can't I just do it over text or on a website and I'll pay whatever you ask as long as I don't have to interact with anyone
Weird way to defend parasites.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #274 on: May 30, 2023, 08:14:52 PM »
Weird way to defend parasites.
What's weird is you choosing this oddly specific hill to make your stand. Why don't you similarly bitch about grocery stores and camping suppliers and hardware stores?

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
« Reply #276 on: May 31, 2023, 07:22:34 PM »

What's weird is you choosing this oddly specific hill to make your stand. Why don't you similarly bitch about grocery stores and camping suppliers and hardware stores?

Because different things are different. Car dealerships are uniquely bad.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard

CatoTheElder

• Mark Gastineau
The New Jersey Devil keeps knocking over my trashcans at night and taking out credit cards in my name.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #279 on: July 05, 2023, 12:26:24 PM »
I am so happy that I don't drive.

My position on software vs humans when it comes to driving remains unchanged.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #280 on: July 24, 2023, 07:28:52 PM »
I test drove an F150 Lightning on Friday. It was the Lariat with the extended range battery, so you get the full 563 electric horses. What an absolutely ludicrous machine it is - insanely fast, exceedingly comfortable, packed with smart technology, and dirt cheap to run.

Shame then that even after Ford reduced the prices (we have arrived at a point where the combination of recovering supply chains and rocketing interest rates mean there is now stock of EVs on every forecourt) the sticker price is still over CA$100K, and I'm just not going to shell out that kind of moolah for a truck that I really, really want, but absolutely do not need.

MBGreen

• Indian Death Lock
  • Administrator
  • Curtis Martin
  • Chest hair for miles and miles.
« Reply #281 on: July 24, 2023, 07:44:51 PM »
I test drove an F150 Lightning on Friday. It was the Lariat with the extended range battery, so you get the full 563 electric horses. What an absolutely ludicrous machine it is - insanely fast, exceedingly comfortable, packed with smart technology, and dirt cheap to run.

Shame then that even after Ford reduced the prices (we have arrived at a point where the combination of recovering supply chains and rocketing interest rates mean there is now stock of EVs on every forecourt) the sticker price is still over CA$100K, and I'm just not going to shell out that kind of moolah for a truck that I really, really want, but absolutely do not need.
You lost the negotiation eh
Quote from: bojanglesman
"Hello good sir GM, may we pretty please have your throwaway centers and gords please??!?  I'll suck yo'dick!"

delavan

• Shaun Ellis
  • JO Pictionary Champion 2022
« Reply #282 on: July 24, 2023, 08:12:08 PM »
Quote from: Johnny English

possibly $ave money (even if you lose friends)

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
« Reply #283 on: July 24, 2023, 08:19:57 PM »

No negotiation to be had, I told him I'd look at the numbers and talk to my wife over the weekend. Emailed him this morning and said "did the numbers, they don't make sense for me, I'll be in touch if anything changes". If he comes back and asks what numbers do make sense I'll probably not insult him with the amount I am willing to pay, because it's not enough to buy that vehicle.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard