Author Topic: Epic Fud  (Read 210990 times)

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
Re: Epic Fud
« Reply #345 on: March 19, 2015, 09:23:16 PM »
I have a little Mexican joint near me.  I'm in Virginia.  I know it isn't truly authentic, great Mexican food.  They have chips and salsa, they have beer, they have decent burritos, good service, and don't cost an arm and a leg.  I'm good with that.

I live in bumfuckville South Carolina and I've found a great Mexican restaurant here.

"Alicia's #1"

There are a few mills here that employ a lot of hispanics, so there's a fairly large community here.  $1 tacos, $1 tamales, fried tortillas and salsa come with your meal if you eat in.  Flautas are freaking great. 

Now I'm hungry in the Fud thread. 
He shook my hand breed tub and walked away

Nope.

• Laveranues Coles
« Reply #346 on: March 19, 2015, 09:25:07 PM »
I live in bumfuckville South Carolina and I've found a great Mexican restaurant here.

"Alicia's #1"

There are a few mills here that employ a lot of hispanics, so there's a fairly large community here.  $1 tacos, $1 tamales, fried tortillas and salsa come with your meal if you eat in.  Flautas are freaking great. 

Now I'm hungry in the Fud thread.
Just say chips, you piece of excrement.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #347 on: March 19, 2015, 09:28:48 PM »

JACKASS

ILL KILL YOU

not chips, you freak

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #348 on: March 19, 2015, 09:38:54 PM »
National chains are mainly an abomination, pretty much fried crap. Friday's, Chili's, Olive Garden, Applebee's, Red Lobster etc are freaking horrid.

Cheesecake Factory is tolerable because the menu is gigantic, Carraba' s is tolerable, better than the other Italian places mentioned. They're (Cheesecake Factory sorry for breaking that up) menu items have a gazillion calories so be careful you might have four meals in one.

One place you can get a cheap ok streak is the Longhorn, for the money, it's decent but the menu can be a minefield.

I think BJ' s Steakhouse/Brewhouse is a national chain, they're pretty good, better than anything mentioned here by a longshot.

Other than that, the only time I would go to any of those places, specifically the real crappy one's, is to meet a group or forced.

PF Chang's is ok but not worth a three freaking hour wait at most locations, it's not worth any wait.

Honestly, BJ's was better when it was just a pizza place in Laguna Beach.  It had one little local expansion, then it blew up and just turned all its food to excrement.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #349 on: March 19, 2015, 09:39:53 PM »

There's an unrelated group of restaurants here called El Tarasco.  All different except for the fried tortillas.  Full tortillas served up in stacks.  You break them into chips yourself.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #350 on: March 19, 2015, 09:40:47 PM »
In b4 everyone says every chain restaurant is bad because the kewlest kids don't eat there.

Famous Dave's is the excrement. I love that freaking place.

I like Famous Dave's.  That's probably at the top end for a chain restaurant.  That and Lucille's (I don't know how widespread Lucille's is).

EDIT: Lucille's is California, Nevada, and Arizona only.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #351 on: March 19, 2015, 09:43:09 PM »
In b4 everyone says every chain restaurant is bad because the kewlest kids don't eat there.

Famous Dave's is the excrement. I love that freaking place.

Smokey Joe don't think so though

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #352 on: March 19, 2015, 09:46:41 PM »

Smokey Joe don't think so though

Hahaha.

He's not saying it's the best BBQ anywhere, but I'd rather eat there than any other chain restaurants.  If I want legit BBQ, though, I go elsewhere.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #353 on: March 19, 2015, 09:50:56 PM »
Hahaha.

He's not saying it's the best BBQ anywhere, but I'd rather eat there than any other chain restaurants.  If I want legit BBQ, though, I go elsewhere.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #354 on: March 19, 2015, 09:53:53 PM »
I'll try any chain once, especially when it's something we don't have in the city or the region. When we went to VA to help in-laws move I had to derail everyone's plan to have McDonalds breakfast to have Hardee's instead.

Heismanberg

• Global Moderator
  • Curtis Martin
  • SAUCE
« Reply #355 on: March 19, 2015, 09:55:50 PM »
I'll try any chain once, especially when it's something we don't have in the city or the region. When we went to VA to help in-laws move I had to derail everyone's plan to have McDonalds breakfast to have Hardee's instead.

Hardee's has some underrated breakfast.  Their biscuits are better than McD's or Burger King.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #356 on: March 19, 2015, 09:57:55 PM »

Oh, are we talking about fast food too?

Taco Bell.  It's not Mexican food.  It's Taco Bell.  It's exactly where I go when I want Taco Bell.

Also, Chik Fil A.

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #357 on: March 19, 2015, 10:01:06 PM »

Oh, are we talking about fast food too?

Taco Bell.  It's not Mexican food.  It's Taco Bell.  It's exactly where I go when I want Taco Bell.

Also, Chik Fil A.

I'll be trying Chik Fil A once it opens here.

Johnny English

• Administrator
  • Don Maynard
  • Effort. Technique. Violence.
« Reply #358 on: March 19, 2015, 10:06:12 PM »
Fajitas are shitty white people Mexican food.

That may be so but having never lived anywhere further south than Toronto I know freak all about Mexican food, but I know how to make fajitas and I like them.

I went to a high end Mexican restaurant in Chicago (not Rick Bayless's place, the other one) and it was really good. It was a few years ago and I got shitfaced drunk, so I couldn't tell you what I had. It wasn't fajitas.
A cross-dressing limey poofter

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #359 on: March 19, 2015, 10:22:59 PM »
Honestly, BJ's was better when it was just a pizza place in Laguna Beach.  It had one little local expansion, then it blew up and just turned all its food to excrement.
Compared to the chain places here, it's pretty good, I haven't had a bad meal there but I order the same 4 or 5 items I know are good.
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!