Author Topic: Epic Fud  (Read 210964 times)

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
Re: Epic Fud
« Reply #330 on: March 19, 2015, 05:23:14 PM »
Fajitas are shitty white people Mexican food.
As opposed to authentic Mexican which consists of multi-colored bland and cilantro

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #331 on: March 19, 2015, 05:45:15 PM »

As opposed to authentic Mexican which consists of multi-colored bland and cilantro

False.  Authentic Mexican is outstanding and quite often melts your face.  Bell peppers are at the blandest end of the pepper family.

Fenwyr

• Shaun Ellis
  • He's the greatest
« Reply #332 on: March 19, 2015, 05:52:32 PM »
False.  Authentic Mexican is outstanding and quite often melts your face.  Bell peppers are at the blandest end of the pepper family.

Iggy is right.  Tex-Mex is garbage for the most part.  The real stuff is awesome. 

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #333 on: March 19, 2015, 07:01:41 PM »
Out of curiosity after someone posted that chili's commercial in the other thread.

Which national restaurant chain's/franchises have the best food?

Seems like the overwhelming majority are absolutely disgusting

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
« Reply #334 on: March 19, 2015, 07:05:13 PM »
In b4 someone tries to act like the cheesy biscuits at Red Lobster are actually good

Pope

• Shaun Ellis
  • I am the Pope and this is my church
« Reply #335 on: March 19, 2015, 07:22:17 PM »
How national are we talking. Places like Bahama Breeze or Macaroni Grill are decent but not as global as say Applebee's or Olive Garden

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #336 on: March 19, 2015, 07:26:08 PM »
Out of curiosity after someone posted that chili's commercial in the other thread.

Which national restaurant chain's/franchises have the best food?

Seems like the overwhelming majority are absolutely disgusting

Sit down restaurants?  None of them.  There's always a better option around.  For quick food, there are some decent burger places and places like Corner Bakery.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #337 on: March 19, 2015, 07:27:33 PM »
PF Chang's has ok happy hour, too.  The crispy green beans are good.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #338 on: March 19, 2015, 07:31:04 PM »
Sit down restaurants?  None of them.  There's always a better option around.  For quick food, there are some decent burger places and places like Corner Bakery.
Cheesecake factory isn't too bad. At least most of what they have has the appearance of real food. 

There aren't many of them, although they're in most states

Badger

• Global Moderator
  • Joe Namath
  • The only one who's not a piece of excrement
Epic Fud
« Reply #339 on: March 19, 2015, 07:42:49 PM »
How national are we talking. Places like Bahama Breeze or Macaroni Grill are decent but not as global as say Applebee's or Olive Garden

I haven't been to Macaroni Grill in over a decade but I felt like it was a slightly nicer Olive Garden. Slightly.

Ignatius J Reilly

« Reply #340 on: March 19, 2015, 07:57:49 PM »

Cheesecake factory isn't too bad. At least most of what they have has the appearance of real food. 

There aren't many of them, although they're in most states

Cheesecake Factory pumps sugar into its food.  There is not a restaurant on earth that kills my blood sugar more.

dcm1602

• SUH DUDE
  • Blubbering Pussy
  • Mark Gastineau
« Reply #341 on: March 19, 2015, 07:59:01 PM »
Cheesecake Factory pumps sugar into its food.  There is not a restaurant on earth that kills my blood sugar more.
Not just the desserts but the actual food?

Cane

• Chad Pennington
« Reply #342 on: March 19, 2015, 08:04:01 PM »

In b4 someone tries to act like the cheesy biscuits at Red Lobster are actually good

In b4 everyone says every chain restaurant is bad because the kewlest kids don't eat there.

Famous Dave's is the excrement. I love that freaking place.

Miamipuck

• Puckstapo
  • Wayne Chrebet
  • I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
« Reply #343 on: March 19, 2015, 08:14:22 PM »
National chains are mainly an abomination, pretty much fried crap. Friday's, Chili's, Olive Garden, Applebee's, Red Lobster etc are freaking horrid.

Cheesecake Factory is tolerable because the menu is gigantic, Carraba' s is tolerable, better than the other Italian places mentioned. They're (Cheesecake Factory sorry for breaking that up) menu items have a gazillion calories so be careful you might have four meals in one.

One place you can get a cheap ok streak is the Longhorn, for the money, it's decent but the menu can be a minefield.

I think BJ' s Steakhouse/Brewhouse is a national chain, they're pretty good, better than anything mentioned here by a longshot.

Other than that, the only time I would go to any of those places, specifically the real crappy one's, is to meet a group or forced.

PF Chang's is ok but not worth a three freaking hour wait at most locations, it's not worth any wait.

« Last Edit: March 19, 2015, 08:20:23 PM by Miamipuck »
<----Would you say Jetoffensive is a Flock, a Herd or a Gaggle of assholes? <-------- Would you like to know more!

bojanglesman

• Don Maynard
« Reply #344 on: March 19, 2015, 08:25:18 PM »
I have a little Mexican joint near me.  I'm in Virginia.  I know it isn't truly authentic, great Mexican food.  They have chips and salsa, they have beer, they have decent burritos, good service, and don't cost an arm and a leg.  I'm good with that.